ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Food: Are we a country of hypocrites? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284491)

Hammock Parties 06-19-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10703415)
I go to Hi-Boy before I ever go to McDonald's. I admit it I eat my share of fast food but I try to go to the local favs like Winstead's, Town Topic.

I don't even consider those places fast food.

Hi-Boy's onion rings alone are amazing.

Pepe Silvia 06-19-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10703417)

Hi-Boy's onion rings alone are amazing.

Onion Rings and Tots.

Deberg_1990 06-19-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10703417)

But they are

Cannibal 06-19-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 10703301)
To a person, everyone I know hates the big fast food joints. Yet, someone is spending billions at their restaurants. Here's a list of the most hated fast food restaurants. McDonald's is the most hated. BTW, Starbucks tied with Burger King.

5. Burger King
ACSI score: 76 (out of 100), same score as 2013
4. Dunkin’ Donuts
Score: 75, down 5 points
3. KFC
Score: 74, down 7 points
2. Taco Bell
Score: 72, down 2 points
1. McDonald’s
Score: 71, down 2 points

I love all that garbage. Stopped eating it years ago though.

Fire Me Boy! 06-19-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

To a person, everyone I know hates the big fast food joints. Yet, someone is spending billions at their restaurants. Here's a list of the most hated fast food restaurants. McDonald's is the most hated. BTW, Starbucks tied with Burger King.

5. Burger King
4. Dunkin’ Donuts
3. KFC
2. Taco Bell
1. McDonald’s

Of that list, Dunkin' Donuts is the only one I'll eat at. Popeye's is better than KFC, Taco Hell and McDonald's are both hideous, and I've never cared for BK.

If I do fast food, which is rare, it Wendy's, Sonic, Steak & Shake, or 5 Guys.

BWillie 06-19-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

5. Burger King
4. Dunkin’ Donuts
3. KFC
2. Taco Bell
1. McDonald’s

Absolutely we are. People talk down about tons of successful places. Wal-Mart, McDonalds. If they sucked so bad, they wouldn't be as successful as they are. I think people like to be consumer contrarians, once something gets mainstream enough, people will rebel against it, mock it. I guess it's just how the world is wired. Frankly, I think McDonalds is like 10 times better than Taco Bell. I see how Taco Bell would be the worst, that place is effing terrible.

Pitt Gorilla 06-19-2014 06:37 PM

It's difficult to find something at MCD that I can eat. The Southwest salad is the only thing worth consuming.

Hammock Parties 06-19-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10703425)
But they are

They just have a different vibe. And the food is better quality.

Aries Walker 06-19-2014 06:55 PM

A. The only fast-food place I'll go is Subway. The rest are vile slop.

B. Yes, we most certainly are hypocrites.

Why Not? 06-19-2014 07:03 PM

Does Jimmy Johns count? If not I spend $0.00 per year on fast food

Eleazar 06-19-2014 07:19 PM

I can't remember when I went to McDonald's last, but when I did, it was breakfast.

InChiefsHeaven 06-19-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 10703450)
I love all that garbage. Stopped eating it years ago though.

**** yeah. I don't have a problem with really any fast food place, I just don't eat it as much as I used to. Although tomorrow I'm road tripping to Des Moines, I'll probably hit a drive thru on the way home. Maybe try one of those new McD's Club burgers or whatever they are. Look pretty good.

I miss the 80's when they used animal shortening on the fries and McNuggets...damn that was good stuff.

Just Passin' By 06-19-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 10703574)
**** yeah. I don't have a problem with really any fast food place, I just don't eat it as much as I used to. Although tomorrow I'm road tripping to Des Moines, I'll probably hit a drive thru on the way home. Maybe try one of those new McD's Club burgers or whatever they are. Look pretty good.

I miss the 80's when they used animal shortening on the fries and McNuggets...damn that was good stuff.

A similar thing happened with movie theater popcorn and coconut oil. Now, when I want truly tasty popcorn, I've got to use the popcorn machine I bought off a vendor, so that I can add the coconut oil in myself, although some chains have apparently changed back.

America - where people bitch about the oil and then bitch about the taste when companies change the oils they're using. :thumb:

SAUTO 06-19-2014 07:56 PM

I like that new burger at McDonald's, wife brought one home last week.
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox 06-19-2014 08:33 PM

5. Burger King -- I would never go here by choice.

4. Dunkin' Donuts -- My favorite thing there is their apple fritters. Kroger has better apple fritters so I don't go there any more.

3. KFC -- Last time I went through their drive through I waited 5 minutes and wasn't even close to the order window. I pulled out of the line and probably won't go back for a long time.

2. Taco Bell -- I haven't been in something around a year. Good stuff though. No complaints.

1. McDonalds -- I eat here on average once a month. Typical menu items I'll order: 1) Large coffee; 2) Sausage McMuffin with Egg; 3) Hamburger, I order 2 or 3 of these with a coffee for lunch, depending how hungry I am; 4) Fries, I won't order these for myself, but will eat a family members leftovers; 5) Big Mac, clearly the best menu item by far. I do not order it due to 1) health concerns and 2) I only eat McDonald's in the car, and that special sauce squirts everywhere.