ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC already hospitable to teams (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137174)

T-post Tom 03-12-2006 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
Is Priest's dad going to be the new GM?

It's true. Why not? DT was our GM intern for awhile, wasn't he?

FloridaMan88 03-12-2006 09:33 AM

If Kietzman is so concerned about developing downtown KC why doesn't he put his $$$$$ where his big mouth is and 1) Encourage 810 to move their offices downtown (they are currently in Overland Park, I believe), 2) Move downtown (Kietzman currently lives in Lenexa I'm pretty sure).

Lzen 03-12-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom
As someone who often disagrees with KK and his less than honorable debate tactics, I think that he's right on this stadium deal. That kind of coin should translate into a new, state of the art stadium.

The going rate on recent NFL stadiums is around 50% financing from owners & 50% from taxpayers. This deal limits the Hunt contribution to about 12-13%. NOT A GOOD DEAL FOR THE TAXPAYERS! The only reason the county nimrods agreed to this is that they were 'over a barrel' due to bungled handling of the current lease agreement. Now the taxpayers are expected to pick up the slack?

I don't know where you get this info, but I don't think it's accurate. I'm waiting for Parker to show up to debunk this.

If the Jackson County voters don't approve this, I think my Governor will step up to the plate. A new stadium over in Wyandotte County would be nice. :)

KC Jones 03-12-2006 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88
If Kietzman is so concerned about developing downtown KC why doesn't he put his $$$$$ where his big mouth is and 1) Encourage 810 to move their offices downtown (they are currently in Overland Park, I believe), 2) Move downtown (Kietzman currently lives in Lenexa I'm pretty sure).

Kietzman and friends have invested pretty heavily in downtown real estate (condos, flats, etc.) It's precisely because of this investment that he backs anything and everything that could increase the value of downtown property and opposes anything sports related that isn't tied to downtown. He's using his pulpit to try to make a buck.

ChiefsFanatic 03-12-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
They aren't going anywhere. They might not get their stupid roof but they're staying put.

said residents of Baltimore, St. Louis, Cleveland. People that think the way you do are clueless. How arrogant can you be.

The great, storied fans of Baltimore thought that way. So did the venerable fans of the Browns. What happened to those teams?

Bowser 03-12-2006 11:03 AM

Clark would be stupid to move the Chiefs to L.A. That city has no interest in the NFL, as evidenced by two, TWO franchises moving the same year. Oh, the NFL wants to have a team there for the TV revenues, but the city just seemingly couldn't care less.

unlurking 03-12-2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom
...The going rate on recent NFL stadiums is around 50% financing from owners & 50% from taxpayers. This deal limits the Hunt contribution to about 12-13%. NOT A GOOD DEAL FOR THE TAXPAYERS!...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
...the Chiefs have averaged $26.3 million in pretax profit for the 1998 through 2004 seasons...

OK, what am I missing here?

A new stadium averages what, $500-$700 million?

Figure the post tax profit of the Chiefs is what, $20 million?

The cost of a new stadium to the Chiefs (at the above mentioned 50% rate) would be around $250-$350 million dollars?

That would take 100% of the Chiefs net profits for 12.5 to 17.5 YEARS?

Of these teams that have paid 50%, what are THEIR annual profits?

Sorry, but if this report is accurate regarding the Chiefs profits, asking them to pay 50% is inexcusable for a small market team. I would not be surprised to see them move to a large market city, bump their annual profit to $100 million, and then OFFER to pay 50%.

cdcox 03-12-2006 12:10 PM

This guy wants more $ to go to education and health care. I would which senario achieves that goal?

a) levy a 3/8 cent new tax to meet obligations on an existing lease that keeps both Major League sports franchises in town.

b) don't levy a tax and risk both sports franchieses leaving town, at which time, KC becomes an oversized version of Wichita, Des Moines or Omaha. Being a city on the decline would surely make all the problems he is so concerned about better.

cdcox 03-12-2006 12:22 PM

Here is why LA is going to be a good deal for some franchise, even if fan support is low. The reason the last two teams left was for lack of good stadium facilities (i.e. luxury boxes). LA has a ton corporate cash to pour into luxury boxes. If they have the right stadium, an LA franchise will be hugely profitable, even with a half-full stadium. The NFL wants a franchise there so bad, that they will no doubt help finance the stadium. Once the right stadium is in place, LA becomes a no brainer. Income from regular seats are no longer the major local revenue stream for most NFL teams. That is, the ordinary fans just don't matter that much.

The income from an LA franchise will be large enough to allow a team to offer large signing bonuses. That will allow them to compete for free agents. A competent owner will be able to put a good team on the field there. If the team is successful, folks will show up for the game, even in LA.

Wile_E_Coyote 03-12-2006 12:27 PM

the Dallas Texans/KC Chiefs/LA Chieftains

Bowser 03-12-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote
the Dallas Texans/KC Chiefs/LA Chieftains

Piss on that. If Clark is that big of an ass to move the team, he doesn't get to take the name "Chiefs" with him. Chiefs stays in KC just as the Browns name stayed in Cleveland.

unlurking 03-12-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Piss on that. If Clark is that big of an ass to move the team, he doesn't get to take the name "Chiefs" with him. Chiefs stays in KC just as the Browns name stayed in Cleveland.

yep, LA Metrosexuals works

cdcox 03-12-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser

I don't know how quickly we'd get a new franchise. 32 is the perfect number of teams, due to the symmetry. The NFL may not be to anxious to expand to accomodate a small market like KC. We could be looking at stealing a team away from another city, and again, KC may not be as attractive as other markets.

Mr. Laz 03-12-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever
why doesn't whoever wrote this article shut the **** up.

afraid of a little reality?

Bowser 03-12-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
I don't know how quickly we'd get a new franchise. 32 is the perfect number of teams, due to the symmetry. The NFL may not be to anxious to expand to accomodate a small market like KC. We could be looking at stealing a team away from another city, and again, KC may not be as attractive as other markets.

Cleveland is small market too, no?

Even the mighty NFL (and other teams/owners) knows how good Kansas City is for the league.