ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The unsportsmanlike call on McClain catch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251958)

jd1020 11-01-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8070141)
****ing Gruden last night... He's the next Chargers coach, Write it down...

Did you notice how he was nearly blowing Rivers all night?
Also, in reference to the instant replays...

Gruden bitched about the IR system several times when it was going to benefit the Chiefs, not a damn word when it was going to go the other way. (Well, except the obvious Mccluster-**** up fumble).
I really hate that guy.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope not. Gruden is a competent coach.

Backwards Masking 11-01-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8070117)
No, it didn't. We were poised to blow the game wide open when the McCluster screw job happened.

I couldn't agree more.

Officiating was as bad as it got last night. Overturning sh*t that shouldn't have been (Cassel's forward pass), letting stuff stand that should have beenn overturned (McCluster hitting the ground for 2 seconds before the ball popped out), continued pussification of the league (McClain roughing the defenseless receiver - kudos to Gruden going off on that). And there are still a few I haven't pointed out. So Godawful a performance that a group of Pee Wee Football Refs could have done better without trying.

They went both ways, I think we got screwed more than they did, and ours were way worse (the refs gave them 2 turnovers AND a 2 point conversion...) but then again I'm obviously biased.

You know it's bad when instant replay makes it crystal clear and the refs still blow it...over and over...

Backwards Masking 11-01-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8070156)
This was mainly the point of my thread...not that the call was bad or good, but that the NFL is making good, tough defense disappear....

Yes it is. The sad part is they couldn't be prouder and they're using "safety" as their reasoning when it's really all abot money $$$.

jd1020 11-01-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 8070166)
They went both ways, I think we got screwed more than they did, and ours were way worse (the refs gave them 2 turnovers AND a 2 point conversion...) but then again I'm obviously biased.

No. That would be the Chiefs who gave them a 2 point conversion.

The ball clearly broke the plane. Take the Chiefs goggles off.

trndobrd 11-01-2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 8070136)
I can't believe nobody could see the helmet make contact with the facemask, intended or not. I ran it back several times in a room full of haters and they denied it. Run it back if you recorded it and you will see helmet to facemask contact......

This. Crown of the helmet in McClain's facemask.

Backwards Masking 11-01-2011 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8070175)
No. That would be the Chiefs who gave them a 2 point conversion.

The ball clearly broke the plane. Take the Chiefs goggles off.

It broke the plane on the TD, I never saw it break the plane on the 2 pointer, the only angle where it appeared to was from the back side at 45 degress. Thanks for the link proving your point...NOT.

jd1020 11-01-2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 8070179)
It broke the plane on the TD, I never saw it break the plane on the 2 pointer, the only angle where it appeared to was from the back side at 45 degress. Thanks for the link proving your point...NOT.

I shouldn't need a link to prove my point. It was proven last night on replays. Ball in hand, over white line, 2-pt conversion. Doesn't get much simpler than that.

Backwards Masking 11-01-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8070182)
I shouldn't need a link to prove my point. It was proven last night on replays. Ball in hand, over white line, 2-pt conversion. Doesn't get much simpler than that.

A picture is worth a thousand words, Grasshopper. Your driveling at the mouth doth not sway me.

Gonzo 11-01-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8070182)

Yep. I wonder if dude knows that the football just needs to break the goal-line, not go completely over it. It was clearly a good conversion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo 11-01-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 8070189)
A picture is worth a thousand words, Grasshopper. Your driveling at the mouth doth not sway me.

Dude, it was clearly good. They showed it at 3 different angles and did the IR to confirm.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dartgod 11-01-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8070117)
No, it didn't. We were poised to blow the game wide open when the McCluster screw job happened.

Possibly. It certainly cost us at least 3 points.

The Gates call cost them 4 points.

I'm not saying that all the calls evened out. But there were enough bad ones on both sides that I'm not too upset about them.

Backwards Masking 11-01-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8070193)
Yep. I wonder if dude knows that the football just needs to break the goal-line, not go completely over it. It was clearly a good conversion.
Posted via Mobile Device

It was clearly close, at least you admit it did not completely go over it, it barely broke the goal line if it did at all. Great link to prove your point as well.

Backwards Masking 11-01-2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8070195)
They showed it at 3 different angles and did the IR to confirm.
Posted via Mobile Device

You mean like Dexter's "fumble"? Or more like Cassel's "fumble".

Clearly though since the NFL Officials reviewed it it must have been right....cause they're never wrong...

jd1020 11-01-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 8070189)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...module=HP11_cp

Skip to 3:35, dipshit.

penguinz 11-01-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 8070197)
It was clearly close, at least you admit it did not completely go over it, it barely broke the goal line if it did at all. Great link to prove your point as well.

https://img.skitch.com/20111101-dpxp...m2ypc178d3.png