ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Underwood > Hill (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=151609)

BIG_DADDY 11-07-2006 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall
I used to think Faith Hill was really hot. She needs to remove that makeup before her face cracks and falls off. I think she freaked out because she knows younger people are catching up. She doesn't have many more chances to win that kind of award.

Maybe she should hire Carrie Underwood's plastic surgeon. Better yet Demi Moore's. She has enough money to do it about 1000 times over. I think she can win anyway but lets get real, looks help. Frankly with all of Carrie's popularity this year and screen time I am surprised she didn't get performer of the year.

Frosty 11-07-2006 12:23 PM

Right or wrong from a PR standpoint, Faith had the correct reaction. Carrie Underwood is to country what Vanilla Ice was to rap. Manufactured crap. :shake:

SCTrojan 11-07-2006 12:34 PM

Perhaps it was a botched joke.

Tribal Warfare 11-07-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc
Carrie Underwood is to country what Vanilla Ice was to rap. Manufactured crap. :shake:

Same could be said about Faith the only difference is Hill slept(****ed) her way to the top

BIG_DADDY 11-07-2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc
Right or wrong from a PR standpoint, Faith had the correct reaction. Carrie Underwood is to country what Vanilla Ice was to rap. Manufactured crap. :shake:

God I can't believe I am defending this chick. You will see Carrie for years to come. Vanilla Ice was already in and out of style in the time Carrie has been on the scene. Right now she has a bigger following than 100 Vanilla Ice's. That was kind of a silly statement.

BIG_DADDY 11-07-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Same could be said about Faith the only difference is Hill slept(****ed) her way to the top

YOu gotta respect that. LMAO

I'm in the wrong business I should have been a promoter.

Frankie 11-07-2006 12:43 PM

Side note: Looks here like Underwood is dating Anthony Fedorov from the same season 4 of American Idol.

Frosty 11-07-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare

I would agree, though I think it was the other way around - Tim McGraw slept his way to the top - coattailling on Hill.

Of the choices, I would probably pick Sara Evans or Gretchen Wilson. None of the choices are that great, though.

ChiefsCountry 11-07-2006 12:46 PM

Carrie Underwood deserved it more than Faith Hill this past year. All of her songs were huge hits.

Frosty 11-07-2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
God I can't believe I am defending this chick. You will see Carrie for years to come. Vanilla Ice was already in and out of style in the time Carrie has been on the scene. Right now she has a bigger following than 100 Vanilla Ice's. That was kind of a silly statement.

I meant flavor of the month. She may be big now, but she doesn't have that much talent, IMO. Popular country is swinging back to a more traditional, harder edge, which will leave her behind. She may successfully transition over to a pop sound and hang around a little longer.

BIG_DADDY 11-07-2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc
I meant flavor of the month. She may be big now, but she doesn't have that much talent, IMO. Popular country is swinging back to a more traditional, harder edge, which will leave her behind. She may successfully transition over to a pop sound and hang around a little longer.

I think she will be around for some time to come. Her last video convinced me of that.

Frosty 11-07-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
I think she will be around for some time to come. Her last video convinced me of that.

So, if she sang and sounded exactly like she does now, but weighed 200 pounds, do you still think she would deserve the award and be around for a while?

Radar Chief 11-07-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
Side note: Looks here like Underwood is dating Anthony Fedorov from the same season 4 of American Idol.

Hear that break’n sound? Yea, that’s GoChiefs heart. ROFL

Sam Hall 11-07-2006 12:58 PM

Just breathe people

ChiefsCountry 11-07-2006 01:10 PM

Carrie Underwood will be around for awhile. She is hardly "pop" country. Go to one of her concerts and you will be impressed. She does some great older country stuff in her set plus one hell of job on Guns N Roses Patience.