ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football surgery on RGIII’s knee reveals damage to the ACL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268673)

Buckweath 01-09-2013 12:12 PM

I love Griffin III and hope he has a great career but give me a pocket QB all day over a running QB.

BigMeatballDave 01-09-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9299861)
Can we scrap the read option in the NFL now? It's fun to watch but gets guys hurt.

Unless your QB is freaky big like Cam Newton, just doesn't make sense to me.

Who also came close to having his knee shredded a couple weeks ago.

gblowfish 01-09-2013 12:16 PM

Shanna-Rat Don't Care. Bring on the next contestant.

sedated 01-09-2013 12:17 PM

The entire time I watched the game last week, I was dumbfounded that the coaching staff wasn’t pulling him out of the game. It was just a matter of time before he did permanent damage. That's on top of him being pretty much ineffective after the hot start.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-09-2013 12:18 PM

If we take Shanahan completely out of the picture, how does this affect your view of RGIII's injury? I'll bet a lot more people would be upset by this. It's bad for the whole league for this guy's career to be ruined his first year in.

Saul Good 01-09-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red And Yellow (Post 9299869)
I don't know why they pushed him so hard this season, I realize its the playoffs but no excuse, he was looking like his knee hurt all game even before that bad snap...

How is that not an excuse? The guy is a pro. He said he could play. It was the biggest game the franchise has played in years.

Red Brooklyn 01-09-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9299899)
If we take Shanahan completely out of the picture, how does this affect your view of RGIII's injury? I'll bet a lot more people would be upset by this. It's bad for the whole league for this guy's career to be ruined his first year in.

It's bad for the league, it's bad for NFL fans. Absolutely. I feel for the guy. Hopefully, he can recover and continue to play. Even if he can't be a run first guy anymore.

Just more evidence that no draft pick is a sure thing. You never know what's going to happen.

Good luck, RG3.

BigMeatballDave 01-09-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9299899)

I don't think he'll be ruined.

Shanahan really needs to consider changing their offense to try to keep him in the pocket more.

Time to scrap that read option shit.

jettio 01-09-2013 12:26 PM

RG III was selfish to insist on staying in the game after that second touchdown.

The Redskins had a better chance of winning the game if had not been selfish.

Shanahan could have had more courage and pulled him from a game. But RG III put him in a tough spot, by insisting on staying in the game.

I am glad the Redskins lost, since Seattle v. Atlanta is a better matchup. But I hope RG III learns that being a team player means letting the better player play. Once RG III got hurt on that rollout, Kirk Cousins was the better QB.

Hope RG III comes back healthy as ever, Chiefs v. Redskins next year could be a great show.

BigMeatballDave 01-09-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 9299933)
RG III was selfish to insist on staying in the game after that second touchdown.

The Redskins had a better chance of winning the game if had not been selfish.

Huh? :spock:

Chiefnj2 01-09-2013 01:27 PM

People keep talking about how ineffective he was in the 2nd half, and that really isn't true. The playcalling and Seattle's D dictated the 2nd half. He was often in 3rd and very long situations. There were screens blown up and no rushing yards in the 2nd half. Hankerson dropped a key 3rd down conversion near midfield the drive before (IIRC) RGIII got hurt.

Griffin's problem was that he didn't play smart. The play before the bad snap, he rolled out and had tons of time. There was an open man that he didn't see and instead of throwing the ball away he took an unnecessary sack from Irvin (that I thought bent his knee back a bit).

philfree 01-09-2013 01:37 PM

Complete system fail between the HC, doctor and the player.

Rausch 01-09-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9300180)
Complete system fail between the HC, doctor and the player.

Bull$3it.

You play until you can't.

The end...

philfree 01-09-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9300204)
Bull$3it.

You play until you can't.

The end...

He wasn't capable of playing the game at a high enough level to win the game because of his injury. He was injured further and they lost the game which makes it a terrible decision all the way around. RGIII is lucky he wasn't injured worse then he was and I find it hard to believe that anyone who was watching that game wasn't thinking the same thing I was. "That guy shouldn't be out there!"

Rausch 01-09-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9300235)
He wasn't capable of playing the game at a high enough level to win the game because of his injury.

AT THE END OF THE GAME...