ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The start of my juice cleanse/fast. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270599)

El Jefe 03-01-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9453899)
I'd like someone to explain to me how making a juice cocktail of all these fruits and vegetables is superior to just eating the fruits and vegetables.

I don't want to eat raw vegetables. When you cook them they lose a lot of their nutritional values. For the cleanse they want you to get as much of the good stuff immediately. They don't want you to steam them and lose any of the positive properties of the vegetable. I would rather drink a broccoli smoothie, than eat a bunch of raw broccoli (no thanks).

Brock 03-01-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9453937)
I don't want to eat raw vegetables. When you cook them they lose a lot of their nutritional values. For the cleanse they want you to get as much of the good stuff immediately. They don't want you to steam them and lose any of the positive properties of the vegetable. I would rather drink a broccoli smoothie, than eat a bunch of raw broccoli (no thanks).

So all you are essentially doing is having a machine chew your food for you.

El Jefe 03-01-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9453911)
Don't argue, it's on a documentary.

No, it's really just common sense. Cookie, steaming or any other form of preparing vegetables can cause to them losing their nutritional values. When you juice them you are extracting the majority of the good stuff you want in a liquid form, which is also easier for your body to extract all the good stuff.

El Jefe 03-01-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9453942)
So all you are essentially doing is having a machine chew your food for you.

Most definitely.

Fairplay 03-01-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9453847)
I still don't understand what doctor would recommend a juice cleansing for migraines. That just makes no sense at all.

Its like when Newton invented gravity, before that an apple from a tree would come off and just float around. Then, Newton invented gravity and it dropped straight down to the ground making it more convenient to retrieve the apple.
Newton had a hard time explaining something you cannot see, didn't make sense at the time.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-01-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9453899)
I'd like someone to explain to me how making a juice cocktail of all these fruits and vegetables is superior to just eating the fruits and vegetables.

For me it would be to make the taste more palatable. Nothing less, nothing more.

Saulbadguy 03-01-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9453943)
No, it's really just common sense. Cookie, steaming or any other form of preparing vegetables can cause to them losing their nutritional values. When you juice them you are extracting the majority of the good stuff you want in a liquid form, which is also easier for your body to extract all the good stuff.

That's not entirely true.

El Jefe 03-01-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9454007)
That's not entirely true.

Is anything entirely true? My doctor recommended it, I researched it, and everything sits well with me. Whether it is completely true or not, it is far better than what I was eating lol.

Jenson71 03-01-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9454018)
Is anything entirely true? My doctor recommended it, I researched it, and everything sits well with me. Whether it is completely true or not, it is far better than what I was eating lol.

If it works for you, go for it. Good luck!

The Mayor 03-01-2013 11:06 AM

Congrats on getting started. Over the past year, I've been through two week long juice cleanses. At first I HATED the vegetable based juices. I finally realized that I just can't handle juiced celery. I think it's disgusting. Once I pulled that out of my receipes, everything went great!

Cucumber is now my favorite veggie to juice. One of my favorites over the summer was cucumber/watermelon/lime. I also found that juicing sweet potatoes/carrots/apples/ginger was a great combo.

It's amazing how many people will tell you that juicing is dangerous or that what you read or been told isn't true. I find it really funny that everyone is "concerned" about my health when I juice, but no one bothers to comment when I eat a bag of chips for dinner or have 2 dozen wings daily for weeks. Just ignore all the BS! Good luck!!

ToxSocks 03-01-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mayor (Post 9454113)
Congrats on getting started. Over the past year, I've been through two week long juice cleanses. At first I HATED the vegetable based juices. I finally realized that I just can't handle juiced celery. I think it's disgusting. Once I pulled that out of my receipes, everything went great!

Cucumber is now my favorite veggie to juice. One of my favorites over the summer was cucumber/watermelon/lime. I also found that juicing sweet potatoes/carrots/apples/ginger was a great combo.

It's amazing how many people will tell you that juicing is dangerous or that what you read or been told isn't true. I find it really funny that everyone is "concerned" about my health when I juice, but no one bothers to comment when I eat a bag of chips for dinner or have 2 dozen wings daily for weeks. Just ignore all the BS! Good luck!!

Cucumber juice is delicious. I make a A Cucumber margarita that is sooo good. Just peel the cucumber, cut em up, throw them in the blender with some water and blend until it's a puree. Strain it, add some more water, add 1 cup of sugar and a lot of fresh squeezed lime juice.

Mmmmm.....yum. Use Tajin as a rimmer, add in Some Tequila and Grand Marnier.....Thank me later. So refreshing.

DaKCMan AP 03-01-2013 11:18 AM

I've juiced all kinds of vegetables/fruits. There aren't any that I don't like, but I typically eat them rather than juice them. Also, if I'm going to drink fruits/vegetables I prefer to blend them into smoothies instead of juicing. This way you consume the entire fruit/vegetable (less pits) instead of discarding the pulp when using a juicer.

cookster50 03-01-2013 11:19 AM

Does the juice just chop everything up real fine, or does it take out the pulp?

El Jefe 03-01-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mayor (Post 9454113)

Your first point is where I am currently. These vegetable juice based shakes are going to be rough. The mean green juice makes me want to vomit. I have to chase it down with water. Fortunately I tell myself that the green juice is the best for you. You can't just drink the fruits juices, the veggie juices are a neccessity. After I get this first month done, it will be nice because I will know what flavors and mixtures I like.

Currently I had a headache start a couple times, but I pounded some water and so far they have subsidied. The next 2-3 days will be interesting though. Thank God I don't work on the weekend. I know I will have a headache and the runs, but my resolve is steadfast.

El Jefe 03-01-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 9454162)
Does the juice just chop everything up real fine, or does it take out the pulp?

It depends on what you put in it. Most everything is really fine, but I found carrot juice to be really fibery (sp) you could get a lot of particles and strings in it. The green juice I had was completely smooth. Kiwi's you don't want to juice the outside, it comes out really nasty IMO.