ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Your CBS playoff system. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175748)

Garcia Bronco 12-01-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
I-AA, II, and III all have playoffs; and most of them aren't at school for the football.

There is a huge difference between bigtime college football. It's not even close it terms of investment and preparation.

Ultra Peanut 12-01-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco
I am not. When people start talking about this it amuses me because they are looking at it from a fan perspective and totally neglect the fact that these are students. And they're students first.

Yes. Somebody think of the students.

I'm sure the Oliver Twists at Hawai'i would be willing to take their finals a week later if it meant they had an actual shot at a national title.

Quote:

There is a huge difference between bigtime college football. It's not even close it terms of investment and preparation.

Yeah, those guys at Delaware and Appy State are ****in' slackers.

Coach 12-01-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Problem is, their playoff format recongizes an "official" Championship game, whereas in I-A, it doesn't, unless there are actually two teams undefeated.

More than two undefeated teams = "unofficial"
No undefeated teams = "unofficial"

That's how I see it in my book.

Garcia Bronco 12-01-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35
I don't really care. This is the first season I have really gotten into college ball. I just remember last year in my coaching class the coach asking us to make a playoff system for college ball and this is what we all came up with.

I like it the way it is....I would remove more of the subjective aspect of it and put more weight on stats.

Garcia Bronco 12-01-2007 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
Yes. Somebody think of the students.

I'm sure the Oliver Twists at Hawai'i would be willing to take their finals a week later if it meant they had an actual shot at a national title.

That's not really far to the rest of the student body, but I that you're right. Too bad Hawaii plays in a weak conference.

Ultra Peanut 12-01-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

That's not really far to the rest of the student body, but I that you're right. Too bad Hawaii plays in a weak conference.

Yeah, because Hawai'i would turn down an invitation to the Pac-10 if they got it.

That's fair to the students who play their asses off for their university.

"Sorry, you're excluded from ever sitting at the big kids' table because your school wasn't part of our club fifty years ago."

Coach 12-01-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

That's the problem. People are going to "assume" that Hawaii gets in becuase of the weak conference, yet for arguement sakes, that Boise St. beat Oklahoma last year.

Could Boise beat Florida? Probably not, but there's always that shadow of doubt, considering that Boise team went undefeated, and did beat Oklahoma?

Garcia Bronco 12-01-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Yeah, because Hawai'i would turn down an invitation to the Pac-10 if they got it.

That's fair to the students who play their asses off for their university.

The don't have the size or speed to hang in the SEC or ACC and probably the other 6 major conferences.

Garcia Bronco 12-01-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
That's the problem. People are going to "assume" that Hawaii gets in becuase of the weak conference, yet for arguement sakes, that Boise St. beat Oklahoma last year.

Could Boise beat Florida? Probably not, but there's always that shadow of doubt, considering that Boise team went undefeated, and did beat Oklahoma?

OU is weak team and that's why theybarely got beat by Boise State. That's an indictment on OU and the Big 12.

Ultra Peanut 12-01-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

The don't have the size or speed to hang in the SEC or ACC and probably the other 6 major conferences.

Prove it.

Oh, what's that? You can't? Gee, if only there were a way to determine which teams were better... say, on a patch of grass or something...

Garcia Bronco 12-01-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Prove it.

Oh, what's that? You can't? Gee, if only there were a way to determine which teams were better... say, on a patch of grass or something...

LMAO....so you think Hawaii could beat the top ten BCS teams? Or could consistently perform in the SEC, ACC, Big East, B12, Big11 or PAC-10? Come on.

Coach 12-01-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

LMAO....so you think Hawaii could beat the top ten BCS teams? Or could consistently perform in the SEC, ACC, Big East, B12, Big11 or PAC-10? Come on.

Well, nobody gave Pitt a chance to beat WV, yet they just did.

How the hell can you actually know that? You can't, becuase the only way they could beat those teams is that a playoff format would solve the issue.

Ultra Peanut 12-01-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

I can't hear you with all of that Cartel cock shoved down your throat.

Garcia Bronco 12-01-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
Well, nobody gave Pitt a chance to beat WV, yet they just did.

How the hell can you actually know that? You can't, becuase the only way they could beat those teams is that a playoff format would solve the issue.

\

I felt like they would beat WVU. It took a freak accident to do it, but I've watched both programs closely for over 15 years. Pitt has played spoiler a bunch.

Garcia Bronco 12-01-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

I can't hear you with all of that Cartel cock shoved down your throat.

Awwww isn't that nice. Grow up. That's why nobody likes you.