ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NY Times Article on Clark Hunt, Mentions SOC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278171)

BigCatDaddy 11-01-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10146462)
There's no ****ing way that dude is smart enough to know how to use a radio

FYP

gblowfish 11-01-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10146333)
He has an anti-aircraft station on standby. He'll be blasting 88mm flak at a private, one man airplane if you do that. All he has to do is radio in from St. Louis and give the orders. (In German, of course.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QATSbEK5muQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bugeater 11-01-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

“Dad was always conscious of pricing and sports,” Dan Hunt said of his father. “You can’t have tickets, food and parking be too expensive. Dad was a frugal guy, and he saw the benefit of that.”
Uhhh...have you attended a game at Arrowhead yet, Dan?

TEX 11-01-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Still, rather than duck for cover, Hunt, unbeknown to some of his top advisers, invited several of the most disgruntled season-ticket holders to lunch to hear them out.
Says A LOT! :clap:

RealSNR 11-01-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10146330)
The plus side is that they've been shopping the rights for about 10 years now. No takers. I don't think anyone wants the negative publicity from the fans...it's good advertising, but most corporations' PR firms are going to tell them not to touch something like Arrowhead. Look at Denver...Invesco was universally hated when they renamed that stadium. They bailed on the rights and now it's Sports Authority Field or some dumb shit like that. Should be Papa John's Shit Bowl at We so high Stadium.

The team also ain't just gonna sell the naming rights for any chunk of change. Stadiums without a corporate sponsor in their names are dwindling down. The Superdome, Soldier Field, and Arrowhead Stadium are the only ones I can think of that aren't named after people or corporations. And then if you add in people, you're only adding in Ford Field, Lambeau Field, and Paul Brown Stadium, though there's not necessarily anything wrong with those, especially when it's done in honor like Lambeau and Paul Brown.

Arrowhead's gonna want to keep that tradition alive, I think. It's a good one.

TEX 11-01-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10146768)
The team also ain't just gonna sell the naming rights for any chunk of change. Stadiums without a corporate sponsor in their names are dwindling down. The Superdome, Soldier Field, and Arrowhead Stadium are the only ones I can think of that aren't named after people or corporations. And then if you add in people, you're only adding in Ford Field, Lambeau Field, and Paul Brown Stadium, though there's not necessarily anything wrong with those, especially when it's done in honor like Lambeau and Paul Brown.

Arrowhead's gonna want to keep that tradition alive, I think. It's a good one.

The Mercedes Benz Super Dome you mean? Scratch that one from the list...

BlackHelicopters 11-01-2013 02:43 PM

Disappointed. Article did not mention Clark's hair

CaliforniaChief 11-01-2013 02:51 PM

Really hoping that Arrowhead Water does the deal. :D

Easy 6 11-01-2013 03:05 PM

A very enjoyable write up.

Its so nice to see all of the positive hype we're getting these days after the last 15 years.

Raiderhater 11-01-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 10147240)
Really hoping that Arrowhead Water does the deal. :D

IF it just has to happen, then yes, that is the only way to go.

RealSNR 11-01-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10146940)
The Mercedes Benz Super Dome you mean? Scratch that one from the list...

When did that happen?

Well ****.

T-post Tom 11-01-2013 03:46 PM

Nice write up. Wonder if Clark has gotten past the SP anxiety attacks & nightmares. Images of giant candy bar wrappers chasing him down the Arrowhead concourses....

TimBone 11-01-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10147395)
When did that happen?

Well ****.

I believe it was after the Super Bowl win. It's got a big ass Mercedes-Benz logo flashed by a light onto the stadium too....Bat signal style.