ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Weather OMG Wichita public Schools 259 are CLOSED tuesday Jan 11 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240116)

007 01-10-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7345538)
Oh yeah, I can see how 2 months wouldn't be a long enough vacation for them. And I'm not jealous, it's just hard to feel sorry for someone who already gets that much time off.

First off, no overtime pay at all. Several times they are required to give up their nights to talk to ungrateful parents.

It all evens out.

007 01-10-2011 11:46 PM

Keep in mind, not all school districts are like New Jersey's.

pr_capone 01-10-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah, I can see how 2 months wouldn't be a long enough vacation for them. And I'm not jealous, it's just hard to feel sorry for someone who already gets that much time off.

My wife is a teacher. She is in the middle of her 14th year now. Every year we have been together, she spends the majority of her "vacation" taking classes to renew endorsements, attending seminars and symposiums, becoming familiar with new textbooks, as well as preparing her classroom for the next school year.

During the school year, she works until 7pm on most nights and brings home papers to grade. She spends time at parent teacher conferences dealing with parents who want to be at the school just as much as their kids want to be there.

All for well under what ANYONE with a Masters Degree should earn. Hell, I have just a HS diploma and nearly earn as much as she does.

Any given summer, she gives herself 14 days, including weekends, just for herself.

It really isn't the sweet gig is sounds like.

007 01-10-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7345553)
My wife is a teacher. She is in the middle of her 14th year now. Every year we have been together, she spends the majority of her "vacation" taking classes to renew endorsements, attending seminars and symposiums, becoming familiar with new textbooks, as well as preparing her classroom for the next school year.

Any given summer, she gives herself 14 days, including weekends, just for herself.

It really isn't the sweet gig is sounds like.

Evil teachers. How dare they take any time for themselves. :)

luv 01-10-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

You know what it's like to put up with your kid. Think about someone who has to put up with umpteen ones just like him all day, everyday. :p

007 01-10-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7345564)
You know what it's like to put up with your kid. Think about someone who has to put up with umpteen ones just like him all day, everyday. :p

LMAO

Bugeater 01-10-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7345547)
First off, no overtime pay at all. Several times they are required to give up their nights to talk to ungrateful parents.

It all evens out.

Eh maybe so. Whatever. It's really the kids being off that drives me nuts, it's just more time for them to **** up my house.

pr_capone 01-10-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7345575)
Eh maybe so. Whatever. It's really the kids being off that drives me nuts, it's just more time for them to **** up my house.

And the truth shall set you free Brother Bugeater!

007 01-10-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7345575)

Believe me, I understand that. Imagine what I deal with being a day sleeper. I don't look forward to summer outside of my vacation time.

luv 01-10-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7345586)
Believe me, I understand that. Imagine what I deal with being a day sleeper. I don't look forward to summer outside of my vacation time.

Well, I should think you only have you and your wife to blame for that. :p

007 01-11-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7345598)
Well, I should think you only have you and your wife to blame for that. :p

STFU :p LMAO o:-)

WebGem 01-11-2011 12:02 AM

UNL was closed today and is closed tomorrow. I think tomorrow's just because it's syllabus week though, I hope. If I wake up to 10 inches of show again I'm gonna be pissed.

LiveSteam 01-11-2011 12:08 AM

My 3rd grader is in a year round school system hear in Omaha. Its the bomb. She will get out for summer vacation with the rest of the kids . But starts back up on July 7th. Then get a lil break the last week of sept. threw first week of Oct.
same amount of days as all kids have to do. Vacation time is just broke up different

Bugeater 01-11-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Amazing Heel (Post 7345610)
UNL was closed today and is closed tomorrow. I think tomorrow's just because it's syllabus week though, I hope. If I wake up to 10 inches of show again I'm gonna be pissed.

It's going to be the wind tomorrow. The rest of this month is going to be miserable, but it's still not as bad as last year was.

Bugeater 01-11-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 7345626)
My 3rd grader is in a year round school system hear in Omaha. Its the bomb. She will get out for summer vacation with the rest of the kids . But starts back up on July 7th. Then get a lil break the last week of sept. threw first week of Oct.
same amount of days as all kids have to do. Vacation time is just broke up different

They need to go year round without any damn vacation at all. Hell they can still give the teachers the time off for all I care, just lock the heathens in the school and let them fend for themselves. Maybe drop some food through a hole in the roof every couple days.