ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs so, your Clark, what is your plan. go on record (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264519)

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2012 03:13 PM

1. Call Green Bay and ask permission to speak with Elliot Wolf and Tim Connolly. If conversation goes well, hire them both. Connolly didn't deserve to lose his job under Pioli.

2. Participate in every head coaching interview with Wolf, along with the interviews of the offensive, defensive and special team coordinators. As said this in 2009, if the head coach comes to me and says "I want to hire a guy that's overseen the 31st defense in the NFL over the past few years (Clancy Pendergast)", I say "**** you. Hire a REAL coordinator, not a crony".

3. INSIST that the new GM's first priority is to upgrade the QB position by any means necessary. Trade, sign, whatever. Best case scenario is to draft a first round QB and bring in a veteran to sit behind him. Then, begin to evaluate current players and create/change the scheme to what is best suited for their abilities and not the other way around.

4. Review tape and re-sign current players to long term deals. Albert and Bowe certainly deserve deals and determine if guys like Pituatoa deserve at least a 2 to 3 year deal. Dorsey and Jackson are expendable if not agreeable to short term and financially responsible contracts.

5. Reach out to the community in an effort to establish goodwill.

Ticket sales will flow.

Fire Me Boy! 10-01-2012 03:13 PM

Trade it for a Kit Kat?

http://imageshack.us/a/img411/4701/clarkbar.jpg

RealSNR 10-01-2012 03:13 PM

My Clark is doing fine, thank you very much. Mind your own business

Fire Me Boy! 10-01-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8967503)
And it's time for my favorite grammar nazi pic.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/...your-youre.jpg

This. Is. Awesome.

I also like posting this:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v30q6VkphbE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass 10-01-2012 03:15 PM

Two chicks at the same time.

RunKC 10-01-2012 03:15 PM

Oh and if I'm Clark I'm calling Bowe in immediately and giving him his $75 million contract. Then I franchise Albert's fat ass.

RealSNR 10-01-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8967554)
1. Call Green Bay and ask permission to speak with Elliot Wolf and Tim Connolly. If conversation goes well, hire them both. Connolly didn't deserve to lose his job under Pioli.

2. Participate in every head coaching interview with Wolf, along with the interviews of the offensive, defensive and special team coordinators. As said this in 2009, if the head coach comes to me and says "I want to hire a guy that's overseen the 31st defense in the NFL over the past few years (Clancy Pendergast)", I say "**** you. Hire a REAL coordinator, not a crony".

3. INSIST that the new GM's first priority is to upgrade the QB position by any means necessary. Trade, sign, whatever. Best case scenario is to draft a first round QB and bring in a veteran to sit behind him. Then, begin to evaluate current players and create/change the scheme to what is best suited for their abilities and not the other way around.

4. Review tape and re-sign current players to long term deals. Albert and Bowe certainly deserve deals and determine if guys like Pituatoa deserve at least a 2 to 3 year deal. Dorsey and Jackson are expendable if not agreeable to short term and financially responsible contracts.

5. Reach out to the community in an effort to establish goodwill.

Ticket sales will flow.

Is Elliot Wolf related to Ron Wolf by any chance?

If he's got half the football smarts as Ron Wolf, that's a great hire.

Rausch 10-01-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 8967548)
I would love Marc Ross, but why would we want to change from the 3-4?

Justin Houston is our best young player right now and he'd be worthless in a 4-3. Allen Bailey would be worthless too. DJ wasn't that great in it either. Neither was Tamba (well not as good as he is when DE's are taking up blockers for him).

I think we are close with the 3-4. I really do. I like Ropati a lot and he's only 27. Plus guys like Allen Bailey and Jerrell Powe have really impressed me.
The defense just looks so bad because they are under immense pressure every week.
Yeah Berry got burnt by a future HOF TE, but it doesn't help that the offense gave the ball up so much.

A QB and quality HC (please God get a Ken Whisenhunt) would turn this team into a playoff contender.

I would love to see what Capers could do with this defense.

And as far as GM I agree with what Clark tried the first time. Start with your GM, let him hire his guy at HC, and try and build a team under one vision from the top down.

Clark's first choice didn't work. That's ok, we don't always get it right the first time. Keep trying - learn what you did wrong - and have a vision in your mind of what you want.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8967569)
Is Elliot Wolf related to Ron Wolf by any chance?

If he's got half the football smarts as Ron Wolf, that's a great hire.

Ron Wolf's son.

And yes, I believe he would be an excellent hire.

In my opinion, the Chiefs next GM needs to have come up the hard way. Regional scouting, national scouting, college personnel, Pro player personnel - all of it. Live and breath scouting like Dimitroff and Ryan Grigson.

Not through nepotism and ass-kissing. (Ahem).

saphojunkie 10-01-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8967470)
1. Inform Matt Cassel, Romeo Crennel and Scott Pioli that they will not be returning after this year.
2. Call the New York Giants and request the right to interview Mark Ross for the open GM job. Hire him immediately after.
3. Give Ross the ability to bring in his own coaching staff. The only requirement/restriction for that hire that I give him is that he must hire a head coach that will only do that job. The head coach is required to bring in actual coordinators that do those jobs.
4. Give Ross the ability to switch defensive schemes if he would like. I would give my input into switching to a 3-4 1 gap defense but let him make that decision on his own.
5. Re-sign Bowe to a new contract.
6. Re-sign Albert to a new contract.
7. Do whatever it takes to trade up for Geno Smith.

8. I would make parking fees $5 for the rest of the year as a thank-you and I'm sorry to the fans.
9. Cut Tyson Jackson in offseason
10. Cut Ricky Stanzi in offseason
11. Try my hardest to sign Jason McCourty, CB and Jairus Byrd, S.
12. Find Dick Curl and punch him in the face. Just for good measure.

RunKC 10-01-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8967583)
8. I would make parking fees $5 for the rest of the year as a thank-you and I'm sorry to the fans.
9. Cut Tyson Jackson in offseason
10. Cut Ricky Stanzi in offseason
11. Try my hardest to sign Jason McCourty, CB and Jairus Byrd, S.
12. Find Dick Curl and punch him in the face. Just for good measure.

I wouldn't' do this. He's actually one of the best run stoppers in the league. I would force him to take a significant pay cut, but if he refused I would cut him.

saphojunkie 10-01-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 8967590)
I wouldn't' do this. He's actually one of the best run stoppers in the league. I would force him to take a significant pay cut, but if he refused I would cut him.

But it's a passing league. Pitoitua is visibly better both vs. the run and the pass.

But hey, if he's cheap, sure.

acesn8s 10-01-2012 03:33 PM

Turn into Superman.

ChiefsCountry 10-01-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8967554)

Tim Connolly left the Chiefs back in 1995. You are thinking of Kuharich.

Hammock Parties 10-01-2012 03:43 PM

Clark is gonna clean house.

Season ticket sales will bottom out otherwise. He does NOT want that, revenue sharing or not.