ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Lose To Rams: 11 Obervations From The Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262559)

-King- 08-19-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8832239)
speaking for myself, i guess i thought the Defense was gonna be the Chiefs strength this year.

And keeping Carr helps how? Routt wasn't the problem yesterday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 08-19-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8832239)
speaking for myself, i guess i thought the Defense was gonna be the Chiefs strength this year.

...and it still should be. I'm not letting one preseason game change my opinion. I've said Top 5-10 before the first preseason game. No need to flip-flop.

Kidd Lex 08-19-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 8831898)
by Patrick Allen (Arrowheadaddict.com)

The Kansas City Chiefs fell back down to earth tonight, getting spanked by the St. Louis Rams.

The Rams took home the coveted Governor’s Cup for the second straight season.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2012/08/1...from-the-game/

:spock:

KC Jones 08-19-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 8832264)
:spock:

that made me chuckle too - must be tic, right?

pimpchief 08-19-2012 08:58 AM

Keeping carr would've made a Difference because then Routt would be our #3 and he would've replaced flowers last night. Totally different game and the governors cup would be ours.

BoneKrusher 08-19-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8832258)
...and it still should be. I'm not letting one preseason game change my opinion. I've said Top 5-10 before the first preseason game. No need to flip-flop.

it's Just a Preseason Game
i'ver heard that countless time over the past 10 years and it seems it never looks better when the games count.

BoneKrusher 08-19-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpchief (Post 8832272)
Keeping carr would've made a Difference because then Routt would be our #3 and he would've replaced flowers last night. Totally different game and the governors cup would be ours.

yep

milkman 08-19-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Routt was a proactive signing to the loss of Carr.

Pioli knew by the time that he signed Routt that Carr was gone.

If Carr had been re-signed, I highly doubt that Routt is a Chief.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-19-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8832275)
it's Just a Preseason Game
i'ver heard that countless time over the past 10 years and it seems it never looks better when the games count.

They were good at home in game 1, bad in game 2. We've seen the good and the ugly. Again, no need to run naked through the streets or jump off a cliff at either result.

Hell, Jax was pwning the Saints for a while. The NFL is goofy that way.

Kidd Lex 08-19-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

ROFL Awesome!!

Chiefshrink 08-19-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8832230)
it's the only thing i could think of to explain going from a 7 sack game to getting bitch slapped all over the field.
i mean i knew the Cards were terrible last week but getting Bitch slapped like this by the Rams?

The Cards were that bad and Jeff Fisher lit a fire underneath his team's ass while we read our press clippings. Perfect formula for disaster.

Romeo is not the kind of coach to babysit like Haley and that is not good when you have one of the youngest teams in the NFL. Romeo better have have a "hit man" type of coach on his staff to do the dirty work this week of getting them focused:rolleyes:

TEX 08-19-2012 09:11 AM

The Rams were embarrassed last Sunday. Jeff Fisher will probably want to secure his first victory as head coach of the Rams.

Was Jeff Fisher digging just a little deeper into his bag of tricks tonight to wash out the bad taste last week’s Rams lost left in his mouth? I’m not making excuses for KC’s performance but the Rams sure did need this win and they got it. The Chiefs, on the other hand, needed a reality check after the way they handled the Rams. They got it.

Looked to me like all Jeff did was have his guys outplay ours. The Rams didn't do anything fancy. Their 1 OL beat our 1 DL and their Wr's beat our secondary. The KC offense couldn't get anything going because it kept making mistakes - again, the Rams did nothing fancy - the Chiefs made too many mistakes.

BoneKrusher 08-19-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8832281)
They were good at home in game 1, bad in game 2.

or maybe Bradford over Kolb and Skeleton was the difference.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-19-2012 09:14 AM

Overreaction, the theme of the 2012 preseason and the motto of CP and message boards everywhere!!

Nightfyre 08-19-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8832299)
Overreaction, the theme of every preseason.

FYP.