ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   TEICHER: C Faine, K Brown may visit as soon as today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180934)

Sure-Oz 02-28-2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBK (Post 4607273)
Vilma is a Saint.

I heard he may have been traded for a possible conditional pick too..

BigChiefFan 02-28-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4607259)
Would you rather have 1 great player, and be hamstrung for the next 3 years, or have 3-5 good players and be able to sign your own FA's and others in the future?

$22M guaranteed and $10M per......

After giving LJ a huge contract and Jared Allen likely the same.

We have too many holes to throw everything we have a one player, much less one that isn't that important in the defense we play.

All those "elite" players the Colts and Patriots have?

They didn't get them in FA.

I'd rather have elite players over having good players. Give me one elite player for every three of your average players, please. The fact is, every team has their own "good" players. It's the teams with the elite players that excel. Is it any wonder Carlton Gray didn't work out? Yet, Carl actually gave him money that we throw out the window and got NOTHING in return. You see, with quality, you get a RETURN ON YOUR INVESTMENT.

Also, the Bucaneers are said to be highly interested in Asante Samuel should he not be retained by New England. Funny, they run the SAME DEFENSE as we do(except they run it better) and they are willing to get into a bidding war for his services.

Mecca 02-28-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBK (Post 4607273)
Vilma is a Saint.

Where'd you see this and what did they get...

Ceej 02-28-2008 11:52 PM

So, has anyone heard about other FA's visiting Kansas City? I'd love to have Bryant Johnson in a KC uniform next year.

doomy3 02-28-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4607295)

YEah, I haven't seem anything confirmed yet either. Last I saw, it was just a rumor

DaneMcCloud 02-28-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4607249)
Carl's done that for twenty ****ing years. If he went after the best we might had a little better luck in FA. Samuel is elite. Elite players are the difference makers in games and give the edge to the team with more of them. Give me the best. When you get the best, then that's one less thing to be concerned with. With Carl's approach he ends up spending more money in giving shitty players long term contracts and then having to take a cap hit because that player didn't cut the mustard. Enough dicking around, solidify the positions and become elite. The stop-gap is a huge band-aid, that gets us nowhere. If you want to be the best, you have to get the best.

No offense, but I don't think that Samuels is "Elite". He certainly wouldn't be an "elite" player with the likes of Nap Harris and an aging Donnie Edwards in front of him, let alone our middle d-line troubles.

Additionally, I think that Samuels will get his money and disappear. The guy isn't a young Deion Sanders.

He's more like a Nate Clements.

Someone will overpay and thankfully (finally!), it won't be the Chiefs.

Sure-Oz 02-28-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4607295)

Reports: LB Vilma close to joining the Saints

Jonathan Vilma is "very very close" to becoming a New Orleans Saint, according to the Washington Post. The New Orleans Times Picayune reports the Jets and New Orleans are "close to finalizing a deal."

The Redskins "nosed around" Vilma, but never showed serious interest. The Lions also wanted him, but may be less willing to give up draft picks. Newsday guesses that the Saints will be sending a third-round pick to New York. It's not out of the question that the Jets would in turn send that pick to Carolina for Kris Jenkins. Feb. 28 - 9:12 pm et
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

OnTheWarpath15 02-28-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4607290)
I'd rather have elite players over having good players. Give me one elite player for every three of your average players, please. The fact is, every team has their own "good" players. It's the teams with the elite players that excel. Is it any wonder Carlton Gray didn't work out? Yet, Carl actually gave him money that we throw out the window and got NOTHING in return. You see, with quality, you get a RETURN ON YOUR INVESTMENT.

Also, the Bucaneers are said to be highly interested in Asante Samuel should he not be retained by New England. Funny, they run the SAME DEFENSE as we do(except they run it better) and they are willing to get into a bidding war for his services.

And they'll be no closer to the Super Bowl for it. And they were a playoff team last year.

Ask the 49ers how those huge contracts to Clements, Banta-Cain and Lewis.

Archie Bunker 02-28-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 4607298)
YEah, I haven't seem anything confirmed yet either. Last I saw, it was just a rumor

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...,4306016.story

A deal sending Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma to the Saints will be completed and announced as early as this morning, according to NFL sources. The teams reached a tentative agreement Thursday night, with the Jets getting a conditional draft pick, probably in 2009, based on Vilma's performance.

OnTheWarpath15 02-28-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 4607299)
No offense, but I don't think that Samuels is "Elite". He certainly wouldn't be an "elite" player with the likes of Nap Harris and an aging Donnie Edwards, let alone our middle d-line troubles.

Additionally, I think that Samuels will get his money and disappear. The guy isn't a young Deion Sanders.

He's more like an Antoine Winfield.

Someone will overpay and thankfully (finally!), it won't be the Chiefs.

Agree, 100%

OnTheWarpath15 02-28-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 4607308)
http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...,4306016.story

A deal sending Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma to the Saints will be completed and announced as early as this morning, according to NFL sources. The teams reached a tentative agreement Thursday night, with the Jets getting a conditional draft pick, probably in 2009, based on Vilma's performance.

Steal for the Saints.

Glad we're bringing guys in for "visits."

Gives other teams time to make them offers before they get to KC.

Carl's probably in bed right now.

Mecca 02-28-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4607312)
Steal for the Saints.

Glad we're bringing guys in for "visits."

Gives other teams time to make them offers before they get to KC.

Like I said in the other thread....the Chiefs aren't a huge spending team in cash...

With the #5 pick, Allens tag and the LJ and TG contracts the Chiefs are probably saying "we have no money to sign anyone"

DaneMcCloud 02-28-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4607312)

Ick

:evil:

DaneMcCloud 02-28-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4607318)
With the #5 pick, Allens tag and the LJ and TG contracts the Chiefs are probably saying "we have no money to sign anyone"

And the sham continues...

Rausch 02-29-2008 12:00 AM

I'd be in bed right now as well.

I'd sit out the first two weeks of free agency. Easy.

It's the overpriced shopping time.

Of course, everyone here agrees 'cause we all want to go young, right?...