ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Roster Changes...Your thoughts? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192823)

shaneo69 09-28-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5064464)
It's not just today, he's played well all season. Breakdowns in coverage at safety so far have generally come with the name McGraw gracing the back of the jersey.

It's bad enough that McGraw is on our active roster when he wouldn't be good enough to make anyone else's practice squad. But the fact that they actually put him out there on defense instead of hiding him on ST just shows how stupid our coaching staff is.

CupidStunt 09-28-2008 06:39 PM

Terrible idea. Williams and Johnson looked like a great pairing today, both in run support and pass coverage.

Find a MLB, hope Pollard improves over the next 12 games and hope Morgan can find a niche somewhere in the lineup.

Page is the major weak link in the secondary in my eyes. Complete non-factor, and rarely in a good way.

milkman 09-28-2008 06:45 PM

It's not like these are new ideas.

Older corners are always veiwed as potential safeties, and the Pollard to LB idea has been floting around fro over a year.

But you generally make the older corner to saftey move with CBs that are generally considered to excel in zones.

That's not Surtain.

And Pollard is playing pretty well right now, and is improving, so it's becoming a more stupid idea to move him to LB every day.

Hammock Parties 09-28-2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lj4mvp (Post 5064533)
Page is the major weak link in the secondary in my eyes. Complete non-factor, and rarely in a good way.

He's too good in coverage to bench. Especially when we play Antonio Gates.

The Bad Guy 09-28-2008 06:47 PM

Why is John McGraw even in the game? Morgan should be playing over that scab.

milkman 09-28-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5064569)
Why is John McGraw even in the game? Morgan should be playing over that scab.

For the same reason that Donnie was starting, and Williams wasn't.

talastan 09-28-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lj4mvp (Post 5064533)
Terrible idea. Williams and Johnson looked like a great pairing today, both in run support and pass coverage.

Find a MLB, hope Pollard improves over the next 12 games and hope Morgan can find a niche somewhere in the lineup.

I agree Page or McGraw have given up the most yards as far as I've seen. Pollard has been the one to clean up after a half-a**ed attempt at a tackle by Page. Page had one play today where Young made a cut and Page completely tried to arm tackle him and of course couldn't. Page may be a ball hawk when it comes to coverage, but he's a terrible liablity in the run defense.:shake:

blueballs 09-28-2008 07:12 PM

Pollard makes some damn nice hits
I'd miss them

T-post Tom 09-28-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs (Post 5064666)
Pollard makes some damn nice hits
I'd miss them

You'd see just as many if he was OLB. ;) But it's not going to happen. I suspect he'll play safety as long as he's here.

Hootie 09-28-2008 07:15 PM

I was impressed with Carr/Flowers today. I like dos Brandon!