ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sleepers: wide receivers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119454)

milkman 07-13-2005 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium
I hope Parker ends up being our sleeper and Fredex ends up being our third or fourth most productive receiver.

If I were playing fantasy football, Samie is a guy I'd take a late round flyer on, because I think he's going to have a breakout season.

I'd avoid CrapEx like the plague.

Wile_E_Coyote 07-13-2005 09:05 PM

keep f'n doubting Freddie Mitchell

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Fr...tg2_040111.jpg

milkman 07-13-2005 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote

Trust me, I will.

Wile_E_Coyote 07-13-2005 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
Trust me, I will.

or "Fredex"
or "First-Down Freddie"
or "The People's Champ"
:cuss:

RedThat 07-13-2005 09:10 PM

Quote:

Trust me, I will.

I will too. And if I witness his crappy old self in KC, I will call FedEx to ship his a** out.

eazyb81 07-13-2005 09:13 PM

I think Brandon Lloyd, Charles Rogers, and Donte Stallworth should be considered sleepers over a lot of these guys.

Wasn't Houshmanzadah a breakout player last year? Why would he have a better season after losing his starting spot to Peter Warrick?

Anyong Bluth 07-13-2005 09:16 PM

Donte Stallworth is more hype and "promise" than Fred. That guys just doesn't do a thing

Chiefnj 07-13-2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement
Donte Stallworth is more hype and "promise" than Fred. That guys just doesn't do a thing

Ummm, wrong.

Donte's first 3 years in the NFL:
125 receptions, 1846 yards and 16 TDs.

Mitchells first 3 years in the league:
68 receptions, 886 yards and 3 TDs.

Mitchell's entire career of 4 years is still significantly lower than Donte's three years:

90 receptions for 1263 yards and 5 TDs.

He does about double of Fred.

Miles 07-13-2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement

Yea, he always has some kind of nagging injury and has terrible hands at times. Though he did have a few big games last year.

Though he has more potential and has produced better than FredEX.

Nzoner 07-13-2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

I would agree.

Fact is, I will still be surprised to see Mitchell make the cut, and fantasy owners are going to be pissed if they draft him when does get released.

The very reason we always wait until final cuts to have our draft.

keg in kc 07-13-2005 09:53 PM

A change of scenery might be good for mitchell. He and McNair didn't get along and he's going from a Philly offense without much firepower outside of McNair and Owens to being a part of a unit with four or five viable weapons. If he makes the squad and shows enough to earn a role, I don't think numbers equivalent to what Morton did are out of the realm of possibility. But I also think the same is true of Sammie Parker.

And I'm not sure it has to be an either/or situation. To be honest, I don't think it would necessarily be bad for Tony Gonzalez's catch total to drop back to 70-80. Pair that kind of output with Kennison, Parker and now Mitchell all in the 40-60 reception range and I think we're that much more difficult to stop, along with a few catches for Dante Hall and Kris Wilson.

Hard to read, though. I could see Mitchell not even on the squad when they break camp. But I could also see him starting.

CosmicPal 07-13-2005 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
A change of scenery might be good for mitchell. He and McNair didn't get along and he's going from a Philly offense without much firepower outside of McNair and Owens to being a part of a unit with four or five viable weapons. If he makes the squad and shows enough to earn a role, I don't think numbers equivalent to what Morton did are out of the realm of possibility. But I also think the same is true of Sammie Parker.

And I'm not sure it has to be an either/or situation. To be honest, I don't think it would necessarily be bad for Tony Gonzalez's catch total to drop back to 70-80. Pair that kind of output with Kennison, Parker and now Mitchell all in the 40-60 reception range and I think we're that much more difficult to stop, along with a few catches for Dante Hall and Kris Wilson.

Hard to read, though. I could see Mitchell not even on the squad when they break camp. But I could also see him starting.

I think you meant McNabb

Anyong Bluth 07-14-2005 12:53 AM

Quote:

Ummm, wrong.

Donte's first 3 years in the NFL:
125 receptions, 1846 yards and 16 TDs.

Mitchells first 3 years in the league:
68 receptions, 886 yards and 3 TDs.

Mitchell's entire career of 4 years is still significantly lower than Donte's three years:

90 receptions for 1263 yards and 5 TDs.

He does about double of Fred.
You're not following what I said. I simply was saying that Stallworth has been talked up year after year, and he never steps out of the shadow of Horn. Most of the hype about Fred comes from him, and no one I know thinks Donte has less "potential" than FM. Stop dumping on posts without letting the comment within context soak in, b/c all I said was this guy has been pimped every year and never does squat proportionally to what FM is percieved and does.

Anyone that plays FF should surely agree since you have to pay attention to their numbers v perceived worth

EAD

Rausch 07-14-2005 01:05 AM

I don't agree with any of the names on that list.

J Diddy 07-14-2005 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
I don't agree with any of the names on that list.

But who cares?

This is the beauty of America.

:)