ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bruce Arians has accepted four-year deal with Cardinals (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269022)

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-17-2013 07:35 PM

Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora

Bruce Arians has agreed to a contract to coach the Cardinals. Could end up bringing Todd Bowles as his DC if Eagles let him go

bevischief 01-17-2013 07:35 PM

:popcorn:

I don't care as long as it is not in the AFC West. But will watch to see what happens.

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9329325)
points and laughs

He got hired by the Cardinals. They have been embarrassingly awful in their head coaching search. He was the 8th guy hired and he was the 4th guy on the Cardinals' list.

Only on CP would we try to spin it like the Cardinals made some kind of a monster hire. They hired their plan B.

tk13 01-17-2013 07:39 PM

The guy does a good job with QB's but I never understood this board's obsession with him as a clear favorite above so many other candidates.

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9329337)
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora

Bruce Arians has agreed to a contract to coach the Cardinals. Could end up bringing Todd Bowles as his DC if Eagles let him go

Arians is going to hire Bowles, they're going to run a 2-gap 3-4, and he wants to be a head coach / playcaller. They are basically getting Kansas City West with this hire.

AussieChiefsFan 01-17-2013 07:40 PM

:hmmm:

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9329349)
The guy does a good job with QB's but I never understood this board's obsession with him as a clear favorite above so many other candidates.

Exactly where I stand. He's a good solid coordinator, but he's NOT going to be a good head coach.

Brock 01-17-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9329341)
He got hired by the Cardinals. They have been embarrassingly awful in their head coaching search. He was the 8th guy hired and he was the 4th guy on the Cardinals' list.

Only on CP would we try to spin it like the Cardinals made some kind of a monster hire. They hired their plan B.

Only you would try to spin this as "See? I was right". Man up, bitch. You were wrong.

SAUTO 01-17-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9329341)

But you were saying tonight he would not be hired, he hasn't had an interview in thirty years etc.

No one says it's a monster hire. Most are just laughing at your dumbass
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9329356)
Only you would try to spin this as "See? I was right". Man up, bitch. You were wrong.

What am I wrong about?

CP listed him as the hot candidate. How in the world can you look at the hiring in this offseason and suggest he was anything close to that? He wasn't on half the teams' radars, and was ultimately passed up by seven teams.

The Jags hired Mularkey last year. So that means that they made some genius head coaching decision simply because he was hired?

SAUTO 01-17-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9329364)
What am I wrong about?

CP listed him as the hot candidate. How in the world can you look at the hiring in this offseason and suggest he was anything close to that? He wasn't on half the teams' radars, and was ultimately passed up by seven teams.

The Jags hired Mularkey last year. So that means that they made some genius head coaching decision simply because he was hired?

Go back to the who hired the best thread and read your posts.

You are wrong
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 01-17-2013 07:47 PM

Steelers wouldn't release Haley? Understandable.

SAUTO 01-17-2013 07:48 PM

Hell you said you were calling out people for saying you were a dumbass because you thought he wouldn't be hired.

Dumbass. He was hired
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9329368)
Go back to the who hired the best thread and read your posts.

You are wrong
Posted via Mobile Device

I said he was overrated. I didn't say he wouldn't be hired. I knew AZ was between him and Gruden.

He was #1 or in the top 3 on everyone's list. And he ended up as a plan B to the 8th team, in a market where there was nobody left.

He wasn't a coveted head coaching candidate at all. He was scraps. I'm not wrong about that.

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9329371)
Steelers wouldn't release Haley? Understandable.

The claim is that Haley was asking for a lot of money from Arizona because he was happy with this situation.

Let that sink in for a minute. The Cards went to Arians, after Haley basically turned them down.