ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Allow me to vent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262483)

Bump 08-16-2012 11:12 PM

it won't be too long before some R's come in here and tell you that you are entitled and lazy. But that sucks dude, sounds like some bullshit.

The Bad Guy 08-16-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8824714)
Sorry for your luck, Frank. I hope something good happens for you quickly. You going to be paying union dues at your next gig?

Highly unlikely unless I end up at a district that's union has a solid rep.

The kicker is these ****ers want us to pay our dues while we are furloughed. I told them to **** off and that all my issues happened when I was a full paying member so they have to support me.

The Franchise 08-16-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8824723)
The unions have no problem taking your money. But when you truly need them, they'll tell you to go f*** yourself.

I added up the numbers. If I end up working at my job for 30 years.....I will have paid almost $11,000 in Union Dues. That's ****ing stupid.

Rain Man 08-16-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8824709)
Not one of the ****ing union reps were furloughed. However, if one was, you can bet your ass they'd be moving like their ass was on fire.

People in power never punish themselves. I know of a county government in Colorado (Adams County) where corruption has cost taxpayers literally tens of millions of dollars, but the people in charge continue to give each other raises and promotions. It's sickening.

chasedude 08-16-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8824697)
I'd rather send it to that one who sucks the penis Gov of Pennsylvania, who refuses to tax the oil companies that come here, but has cut education funding by considerable amounts. Oh yeah, the same guy who took kickbacks from the Second Mile Foundation.

If that piece of shit is still in office in 2 years, I'm moving to another state to teach.

I'm considering Canadian citizenship if a certain someone is reelected in Nov.

Seriously though, I just started working fulltime just 3 months ago with nearly 2 years grabbing whatever I could to keep afloat (barely). I'm getting paid more now to deliver drugs than I did working IT, figure that one out!

Lumpy 08-16-2012 11:17 PM

Vent away, BG! You have been put through a lot of BS and you can't keep that bottled up.

I know how you feel, (in a way). When Gonzo got laid off, we went into panic mode. Just stay focused on your goals and you will achieve them in time.

As far as the admins getting a raise... that makes absolutely no damn sense! :mad:

I wish you the best!

Phobia 08-16-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8824701)
Oh, I also forgot to rant about how the administrators in the district are getting their 4% pay raises. It's good to know that a district that's apparently having declining enrollment, and just cut 30% of their teachers needs to have an assistant superintendent and an assistant to the assistant superintendent.

That's how it is around here too. They cut 30-40 jobs and the suits get their fat raises on already significant salaries. What I don't understand though, is why do we need $300 per sqft schools? Why do 14 year old kids need $8,000 cameras to learn photography? Hell, when I went to school we learned photography by bringing mom & dad's camera to school. Schools are an out of control expense that keeps sucking tax dollars and they're spending more on everything except the people who deserve it the most.

Jenson71 08-16-2012 11:18 PM

Do you plan on getting on the substituting lists? I imagine that could be a bit chaotic, however, with a young child.

Hope something comes up. I've heard of school districts in my state hiring right before school starts. It's rare, sure, but it wouldn't hurt to look.

BigMeatballDave 08-16-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8824712)
The main positive is it's looking like I'll be a stay at home dad for a while. My wife is heading back to work. I'll really cherish spending all of my time with my 3-year old.

Good luck.

I've been out of work since March.

The positive is when I had my son over the summer, we hung out all day, everyday.

Those times are priceless.

The silver lining in this dark cloud...

Jenson71 08-16-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8824740)
That's how it is around here too. They cut 30-40 jobs and the suits get their fat raises on already significant salaries. What I don't understand though, is why do we need $300 per sqft schools? Why do 14 year old kids need $8,000 cameras to learn photography? Hell, when I went to school we learned photography by bringing mom & dad's camera to school. Schools are an out of control expense that keeps sucking tax dollars and they're spending more on everything except the people who deserve it the most.

Now everybody needs 1:1 computer programs. But the administration for schools is a serious, usually unjustifiable racket.

Does anyone think a single person with a PhD in Education Administration can do much for a district? More than 3 or 4 good teachers can?

I'm skeptical. I've heard a lot of stories, though, and almost entirely from the teacher pov.

The Bad Guy 08-16-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 8824744)
Do you plan on getting on the substituting lists? I imagine that could be a bit chaotic, however, with a young child.

Hope something comes up. I've heard of school districts in my state hiring right before school starts. It's rare, sure, but it wouldn't hurt to look.

As sickening as this makes me right now, I would get more money collecting than I could subbing.

If a long term job comes up, then I'd absolutely apply.

The only good thing is, if the district realizes they have to hire teachers, they have to call me first.

Dave Lane 08-16-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8824688)
Forward your OP here

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/su...s-and-comments

Oh and be sure to ask when and where you can pick up your bailout money.

Or your friend in Wisconsin Paul Ryan. I hear he loves teachers and unions. I'd give him a call right away.

Earthling 08-16-2012 11:45 PM

Bummer. I hope you are able to re-negotiate something with the new house.

The Bad Guy 08-16-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 8824802)
Bummer. I hope you are able to re-negotiate something with the new house.

Haven't contacted the bank yet to discuss that. We are pretty safe for about 3 months paying the mortgage. without any additional income.

With my wife working and what I can get collecting for a few months, we should be ok.

chasedude 08-16-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8824774)
Or your friend in Wisconsin Paul Ryan. I hear he loves teachers and unions. I'd give him a call right away.

He's not my friend. I have no affiliations with either side. IMO they're all out of touch.