ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry ‘a bit surprised’ on lack of extension progress (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300780)

Chiefshrink 07-09-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 12308118)
Things are going well with Von.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> left contract talks with Von last night in good place. Made several moves in attempt to reach deal. Definite progress.</p>&mdash; Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) <a href="https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/751781108170186752">July 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No they are not. This is just PR attempt by Elway to quiet the donkey masses, yes Elway made some movement in the contract but I assure you the total guaranteed $$ "still" isn't up to Von's liking. Friday next week is the deadline and it takes time to get trades done with other teams. Don't be surprised if Elway trades your boy for a couple of 1st rdrs or Von sitting out this next year which actually works in his favor for future dealings with other teams.

There is an unwritten rule by all good GMS that the only position that deserves Big guaranteed $$ is the QB, PERIOD. Look at the past 10-15 yrs of these big time defensive players getting big guaranteed $$. How many of them have produced to that level of $$??? They haven't or they get hurt. Dorsey is learning this lesson now with Houston. We don't know if he will come back as good. As much as I don't care for Elway personally, he is doing the right thing for your organization taking a page out Bellichek's book as all good GM's are starting to do now in reference to contract negotiations.

loochy 07-09-2016 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 12308017)
We should all panic.

OMG INMEN SIGHTING
also, knowmo sucks

Rausch 07-09-2016 01:08 PM

I'd find the $$$ of the top S in the league and offer him $2 million less...

RealSNR 07-09-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12308307)

He's going to be the top paid safety in the league. If the Chiefs aren't the ones to give him the money, then another team will.

The only way I see him not getting that money is if he signs the one-year tender, and something goes horrifically wrong injury-wise this season.

Rausch 07-09-2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12308318)
He's going to be the top paid safety in the league. .

I hate to say it, I ****ING HATE TO SAY IT, but we make that two pick trade...

RealSNR 07-09-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12308325)

Which one? If you're talking about a 1st and a 3rd for an exclusive rights tag, I have yet to see one of those happen.

The haul we got for Jared Allen still makes my jaw drop to this very day, considering his longterm money wasn't even close to being worked out AND the Vikings had to give up all that draft stock. Those mega deals for non-QBs are a thing of the past, I'd say.

Quesadilla Joe 07-09-2016 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12308307)

If Berry signed his franchise tag he would be the highest paid safety in the league.

Rausch 07-09-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12308335)
The haul we got for Jared Allen still makes my jaw drop to this very day, considering his longterm money wasn't even close to being worked out AND the Vikings had to give up all that draft stock. Those mega deals for non-QBs are a thing of the past, I'd say.

I love Berry, I LOVE BERRY, but I'd consider trading him for a high rake.

I still think he's best suited at FS myself.

Put Parker at SS and make that practice squad bitch man up...

Rausch 07-09-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 12308341)
If Berry signed his franchise tag he would be the highest paid safety in the league.

Clearly the idea would be to resign him and extend that...

O.city 07-09-2016 02:21 PM

Berry played free safety last year

milkman 07-09-2016 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12308356)
I love Berry, I LOVE BERRY, but I'd consider trading him for a high rake.

I still think he's best suited at FS myself.

Put Parker at SS and make that practice squad bitch man up...

You should watch soccer.

Chiefshrink 07-09-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12308318)
He's going to be the top paid safety in the league. If the Chiefs aren't the ones to give him the money, then another team will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12308325)

Berry is good but he ain't Ed Reed which is what a lot of us thought we were getting in Berry. If and that is a big IF the right deal comes along you make that deal and only if you think your team can get along without Berry's leadership in the locker room on and off the field which is his biggest asset IMHO. That is a question none of us really know and Dorsey may not even really know that one either.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-09-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12308123)
Things could be going just as well with Berry, and we just don't know about it.

Dorsey is a guy who pulled the pants down on NFL free agent coverage when out of nowhere it was revealed that Mitchell Schwartz signed a contract with us. He did the same thing with the Justin Houston extension, even though many people were watching that one closely.

He pulls rabbits out of the hat when people least expect it.

Your GM, meanwhile, doesn't know how to use the ****ing fax machine and as a result, misses important deadlines.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

milkman 07-09-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12308465)
Berry is good but he ain't Ed Reed which is what a lot of us thought we were getting in Berry. If and that is a big IF the right deal comes along you make that deal and only if you think your team can get along without Berry's leadership in the locker room on and off the field which is his biggest asset IMHO. That is a question none of us really know and Dorsey may not even really know that one either.

You are a dumbass.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-09-2016 03:02 PM

Trollin':

KnowMo is Aces High.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xg9aQvjMS60" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, WELCOME BACK INMEM!

What a quality day for CP this is~!