ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Redditors of Chiefs Planet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283721)

blaise 05-16-2014 10:59 AM

I use a playwriting opportunities link on reddit, but I link to it through a group on facebook.

hometeam 05-16-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10633244)
Me too. It is a headache to use. Nothing seems organized. It's all gibberish every where. I couldn't figure out a useful way to use it.

every possible subject is organized by subreddit, which is organized based on the users likes or dislikes of the content. You can choose what subreddits appear in your main feed or browse them all independently.

Dayze 05-16-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10632699)
**** no, bro. 2 days without release and I'm all like http://25.media.tumblr.com/0151d9df3...kw2qo1_400.gif

you turn into an Asian girl? :eek:

Sully 05-16-2014 12:45 PM

Best website on the internet...

SAUTO 05-16-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10632760)
I tried Reddit. Hated it. I'm perfectly content getting my news here.

me too

SAUTO 05-16-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Me too. It is a headache to use. Nothing seems organized. It's all gibberish every where. I couldn't figure out a useful way to use it.

this is my issue as well

bowener 05-16-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

See this confuses me. It is possibly the most organized website out there.

The interface takes a few minutes to get used to, but it isn't bad.

The first page you come to is "the frontpage." That is showing you a mixture of the top voted threads/links from the 25 preset (soon to be 50) subreddits.

If you create a user name, it becomes much easier, because you can edit the subs you want to see. When you are on the front page only the subs you subscribe to show up. You can click on the top left tab "my subreddits" and select a specific sub you want to look at (like r/science).

Once in the science subreddit that page is based on the most upvoted thread/link. Inside of each thread are comments. The most upvoted comment (almost always the best answer to a question or the funniest response or the best/worst story) is at the top. Indented beneath that is the first response so forth and so on.

The more I use reddit the more I wish Chiefs Planet used the karma system (upvoting/downvoting posts) so that good posts would rise to the top, and I wouldn't have to waste my time wading through hundreds of redundant or shit posts.

Discuss Thrower 05-16-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10634257)
See this confuses me. It is possibly the most organized website out there.

The interface takes a few minutes to get used to, but it isn't bad.

The first page you come to is "the frontpage." That is showing you a mixture of the top voted threads/links from the 25 preset (soon to be 50) subreddits.

If you create a user name, it becomes much easier, because you can edit the subs you want to see. When you are on the front page only the subs you subscribe to show up. You can click on the top left tab "my subreddits" and select a specific sub you want to look at (like r/science).

Once in the science subreddit that page is based on the most upvoted thread/link. Inside of each thread are comments. The most upvoted comment (almost always the best answer to a question or the funniest response or the best/worst story) is at the top. Indented beneath that is the first response so forth and so on.

The more I use reddit the more I wish Chiefs Planet used the karma system (upvoting/downvoting posts) so that good posts would rise to the top, and I wouldn't have to waste my time wading through hundreds of redundant or shit posts.

Yeah, but the karma system promotes a hivemind like none other.

bowener 05-17-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10634379)
Yeah, but the karma system promotes a hivemind like none other.

This place doesn't have a hive mind?

AustinChief 05-18-2014 02:33 PM

Just a reminder .. DO NOT use spoiler tags for NSFW content. use NSFW tags.

Discuss Thrower 05-18-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10634474)
This place doesn't have a hive mind?

But a traditional BBS at least allows for dissenting opinions to be seen.. Reddit's karma system shuts these views down by downvote nuking.