ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV New Shows? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258795)

Micjones 04-24-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8562871)
If you're talking just network, maybe Person of Interest. It's good, but it can sometimes be a little slow. Jim Caveziel is the lead actor. Plays a former military guy who is off the grid and helps this other dude help people outside of the police. Then there's a cop that sort of pursues him, but also takes his help.

Interesting. Good guy? Bad guy?

Quote:

She's played by an actress that was in Hustle and Flow.
Taraji Henson... With her sexy ass.

Micjones 04-24-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8562895)
Network tv = reality tv. Between The Voice, DWTS, Idol, Survivor, America's Got Talent, The Apprentice, etc., you have most of your prime time spots taken up.

The death of Network Television. Reality TV is so cheap to produce it's no wonder those shows fill up Network TV timeslots.

Micjones 04-24-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8562966)
I'm behind a few episodes, so I'm not sure if it's holding up, but you might like Awake on NBC.

I'm not sure where it's going but it's interesting enough. The pilot episode was incredible. Each episode I've seen since has kept my attention and it's pretty well acted. Definitely fits "cerebral and deeply emotional" so far.

I think I read about that series in this forum.

What I read definitely piqued my interest. This is a new show, no?

blaise 04-24-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8563109)
Interesting. Good guy? Bad guy?

Taraji Henson... With her sexy ass.

A good guy, but he'll uses tactics the police can't kind of thing. Breaking and entering, warrantless searches etc. She's good when she's on screen. Really, the problem with the show is Cavieziel (sp?) He talks in this sort of quiet monotone, and it makes it sort of sleepy.

Dayze 04-24-2012 09:43 PM

Only network shows I watch are Modern Family and New Girl. And Hells Kithen and Master Chef when they're on during certain times of year

Micjones 04-25-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8563140)
A good guy, but he'll uses tactics the police can't kind of thing. Breaking and entering, warrantless searches etc. She's good when she's on screen. Really, the problem with the show is Cavieziel (sp?) He talks in this sort of quiet monotone, and it makes it sort of sleepy.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Aries Walker 04-25-2012 06:51 AM

I just jumped in on NYC 22 on Sunday nights, about rookie cops on their first assignments. It's pretty good.

Even better is Blue Bloods on Friday nights. It's nearing the end of season 2, so you may have some catching up, but it's really good.

I still watch Criminal Law and Person of Interest as well, which are both tops.

For non-network, catch A Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, but they both require significant amounts of catch-up to fully realize the stories and relationships.

Red Brooklyn 04-25-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8563017)
Network TV is garbage and the best shows get the worst ratings.

Fringe is the best Network show on now, but it has horrible ratings and it would be tougj to just pick it up anywhere but from the beginning.

And even then it's a bit of a chore. The first 10 or 11 episodes are a bear to get through. I almost quit the show multiple times. In face, I did stop watching for about 6 months after I watched the first disc of season one. It wasn't until I heard about some of the stuff that happens in season two that I got interested enough to keep watching. I'm glad I did, though. But I'm still behind. I've only watched the first two seasons so far.

But it's a really fun show. I like it a lot now.

Red Brooklyn 04-25-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8563118)
I think I read about that series in this forum.

What I read definitely piqued my interest. This is a new show, no?

Yeah, it just started this year, in March, if I recall correctly.

Passepartout 04-25-2012 02:13 PM

Really don't like any of the new shows. As tv is not what it is back in the days, where we have three to four networks.

Micjones 04-25-2012 02:28 PM

So I've come away with "Awake" and "Person of Interest"...

The Rick 04-25-2012 02:47 PM

Anyone watch the Kiefer Sutherland show "Touch" on FOX? I've seen a couple of them and thought it was decent. It's from the guy who did "Heroes" I think.

Basically, Kiefer Sutherland's kid is a mute who is "obsessed with numbers and can see past, present and future events through the numbers" (quoted from Wikipedia).

Hard to explain, but basically, the premise is that everyone in the world is linked together somehow. The kid gives his Dad (Kiefer) a set of numbers, which allows the Dad to set certain things in motion (unknowingly) which impact many other people.

For example, the kid will give the Dad a set of numbers that lead the Dad to an address. In front of that address, the Dad will keep someone from getting hit by a car, which then allows a certain chain of events to take place that otherwise wouldn't have. It all plays out over the course of the show.

It's worth checking out if you like that kind of stuff...

keg in kc 04-25-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8565571)
So I've come away with "Awake" and "Person of Interest"...

I watch them both and like them both a lot. At this point, I would say go with Person of Interest because it's (by far) the surer bet to get a second season. Awake is a really interesting show, though.

keg in kc 04-25-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 8565620)
Anyone watch the Kiefer Sutherland show "Touch" on FOX? I've seen a couple of them and thought it was decent. It's from the guy who did "Heroes" I think.

Basically, Kiefer Sutherland's kid is a mute who is "obsessed with numbers and can see past, present and future events through the numbers" (quoted from Wikipedia).

Hard to explain, but basically, the premise is that everyone in the world is linked together somehow. The kid gives his Dad (Kiefer) a set of numbers, which allows the Dad to set certain things in motion (unknowingly) which impact many other people.

For example, the kid will give the Dad a set of numbers that lead the Dad to an address. In front of that address, the Dad will keep someone from getting hit by a car, which then allows a certain chain of events to take place that otherwise wouldn't have. It all plays out over the course of the show.

It's worth checking out if you like that kind of stuff...

I did watch the first couple of episodes of Touch, but it really doesn't do anything for me.

Frosty 04-25-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8565681)
I did watch the first couple of episodes of Touch, but it really doesn't do anything for me.

Me either. It was also uber annoying to watch an hour of Sutherland running around constantly yelling "Jake! Jake! Jake! Don't do that! Jake! Jake! Come here! Jake!".