ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why Manning ruled out KC... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257536)

The Bad Guy 03-20-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8475155)
Manning, shockingly enough, chased the money.

For all the talk about how money didn't matter and championships did, in the end it was about the money.

I should've known - it's always about the money.

Absosoutely. If it wasn't, his agent never would have discussed numbers prior to visits.

Mile High Mania 03-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 8475161)
5 for 90 and no assurance that Brokeneck can still throw the way he used to? IF he can, 18M/year seems reasonable, if not, that is money pissed in the wind.

Agreed, but if three sets or more of team doctors liked what they saw, that is ok with me.

Mr. Arrowhead 03-20-2012 09:37 AM

He would have went the SF if he cared about winning a super bowl, and if you say otherwise then you are a idiot.

Hammock Parties 03-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8475160)
Silly

I agree, the Donks are very silly.

It's a C+ squad with an A+ QB. So maybe you'll have a couple division titles to show for that 90 million.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8475157)
If he is healthy, then why not require top dollar? I don't think it says he isn't focused on winning.

It says that his focus isn't exclusively winning, and that's what the talking heads were all trying to say.

"Manning just wants to win another championship; money doesn't matter, blah blah blah"

Not true - money very clearly mattered a great deal. Perhaps he also has legitimate championship aspirations as well, but if the first litmus test was contractual and not based on personnel, that makes it pretty clear that the championship aspirations weren't foremost on his list.

I don't fault him for it; it's his life and his livelihood. But in the end, I'm happy to move away from the narrative about how different Manning is than every other athlete. In the end, the money was clearly very important.

Mile High Mania 03-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 8475162)
How does the pre-qualifying time frame jibe with Clark's public statement about pursuing him?

Fan focused PR to satisfy the masses?

L.A. Chieffan 03-20-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8475169)
I agree, the Donks are very silly.

It's a C+ squad with an A+ QB. So maybe you'll have a couple division titles to show for that 90 million.

more like a C- squad with a BROKEDICK qb. HAHAHAA KARMA TRAIN COMMING FOR THOS BITCHES

DaFace 03-20-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8475157)
If he is healthy, then why not require top dollar? I don't think it says he isn't focused on winning.

Yeah, I can't blame him for it. I'll be curious to see how the contract is structured in terms of protecting Denver if he DOES go down in the first game or something though.

boogblaster 03-20-2012 09:38 AM

its bout the money .. plus the light-air in dungver will help his throwing .....

Mile High Mania 03-20-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8475170)
It says that his focus isn't exclusively winning, and that's what the talking heads were all trying to say.

"Manning just wants to win another championship; money doesn't matter, blah blah blah"

Not true - money very clearly mattered a great deal. Perhaps he also has legitimate championship aspirations as well, but if the first litmus test was contractual and not based on personnel, that makes it pretty clear that the championship aspirations weren't foremost on his list.

I don't fault him for it; it's his life and his livelihood. But in the end, I'm happy to move away from the narrative about how different Manning is than every other athlete. In the end, the money was clearly very important.

Right and it was the media saying that stuff, did Manning say its all about winning and not the money?

The Bad Guy 03-20-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 8475162)
How does the pre-qualifying time frame jibe with Clark's public statement about pursuing him?

My source says Clark was told prior to that interview about the financial perameters, but it was more hopeful/wishing thinking/public excitement aspect that lead to that quote.

The Chiefs never really had a shot after their initial call to Condon. They knew that, but they also hoped he would at least visit so they could win them over.

Again, this is all passed down info, so don't take it as gospel, but it makes a ton of sense.

Mile High Mania 03-20-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8475175)
Yeah, I can't blame him for it. I'll be curious to see how the contract is structured in terms of protecting Denver if he DOES go down in the first game or something though.

Same here and we should know soon.

L.A. Chieffan 03-20-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8475178)
Right and it was the media saying that stuff, did Manning say its all about winning and not the money?

whenever its just about the money it usually turns out for the best

OnTheWarpath15 03-20-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8475156)
Manning's incredibly smart.

He's using the Donks for a fat payday.

Just read your exchange with Barry on FB.

Holy Christ, that guy is ****ing reeruned.

wazu 03-20-2012 09:40 AM

All that matters is the guaranteed money, which we don't know yet. If the Chiefs really balked at 5 for 90 without some other crazy guaranteed stipulation, then they are stupid.