ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto My New Car (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=138283)

stevieray 04-01-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
I am quite capable of stupid stuff, but that is not one of them. How is your project coming?

Spring is trying to get here, the insurance goes into effect on the Barracuda today and I gotta go pick up the boat. Fun Times!

I'm out searching today for a three speed tranny with overdrive for the Scooby van.

HemiEd 04-01-2006 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
I'm out searching today for a three speed tranny with overdrive for the Scooby van.

Wow, that should be a task. I would suspect they are getting hard to find. Heck, they were hard to find 20 years ago.

stevieray 04-01-2006 08:54 AM

Quote:

Wow, that should be a task. I would suspect they are getting hard to find. Heck, they were hard to find 20 years ago.

Ya, if I can't find one, i'm going to have to get 700r4 and make a custom hanger to mount it.

I'm also trying to find 3.73 gears

CrazyHorse 04-01-2006 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I am quite capable of stupid stuff, but that is not one of them. How is your project coming?

Spring is trying to get here, the insurance goes into effect on the Barracuda today and I gotta go pick up the boat. Fun Times!

The project is slow but sure. The 351 with the raised port heads are the same as trying to fit a big block into a 65. It wont fit. So I am in the process of switching the suspension and shock towers from a 68 into it.

It's not as fun as driving it, but fun just the same. I will have to just settle for hotrodding around in the 05 GT for now.

As you can see....there's no room for headers.

4th and Long 04-01-2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

I did drink some Austrailian wine last week. :p

G'day, Mate! :p

HemiEd 04-01-2006 09:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse
The project is slow but sure. The 351 with the raised port heads are the same as trying to fit a big block into a 65. It wont fit. So I am in the process of switching the suspension and shock towers from a 68 into it.

It's not as fun as driving it, but fun just the same. I will have to just settle for hotrodding around in the 05 GT for now.

As you can see....there's no room for headers.

You see, this is where a Hemi would be a good choice. The exhaust ports go down. :D

Chief Pote 04-01-2006 09:28 AM

Nice job on that Ed. These days Im not much of an American Made fan. In the old days, Mustangs were for me, had a few in my day.

CrazyHorse 04-01-2006 09:30 AM

Quote:

You see, this is where a Hemi would be a good choice. The exhaust ports go down. :D

I understand the concept. But the block would also be wider. Thusly the port would still break in a spot that would make me alter. Besides, cross breading is just tacky.

Nice pic though.

HemiEd 04-01-2006 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPote
Nice job on that Ed. These days Im not much of an American Made fan. In the old days, Mustangs were for me, had a few in my day.

I can not take any credit on this Duster of my Buddie's. It is actually a 605 inch Indy Hemi, the 302 Chevy Air Cleaner is a nice touch though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse
I understand the concept. But the block would also be wider. Thusly the port would still break in a spot that would make me alter. Besides, cross breading is just tacky.

Nice pic though.

The early Mustang is kind of Narrow between the fenderwells for sure, it was Falcon based I think. I guess that is why they used that 260-302 little motor, it is even smaller head to head than a SBC.

CrazyHorse 04-01-2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

I can not take any credit on this Duster of my Buddie's. It is actually a 605 inch Indy Hemi, the 302 Chevy Air Cleaner is a nice touch though.

The early Mustang is kind of Narrow between the fenderwells for sure, it was Falcon based I think. I guess that is why they used that 260-302 little motor, it is even smaller head to head than a SBC.

You're right. It's the Falcon engine compartment. After 66 they widened it about 5 inches. That's all it needed to go from a 289 to a 428.

HemiEd 04-01-2010 10:09 AM

I need some help financing this thing.

gblowfish 04-01-2010 10:19 AM

No ricer is complete with out a tacky racing wing welded onto the trunk, and an oversized big penis muffler.

Radar Chief 04-01-2010 10:20 AM

Heh, I’m with yea, Ed.
We’ll strip it down to nothing but the basic necessities, stick a fart can exhaust and one of those electric turbo’s on it then go around breaking one off in Corvette owners. ;)

philfree 04-01-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 3119974)
You're right. It's the Falcon engine compartment. After 66 they widened it about 5 inches. That's all it needed to go from a 289 to a 428.

Falcon or a Fairlane? I thought he built the Mustang on a Fairlane chassis.

PhilFree:arrow:

CrazyHorse 04-01-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 6646669)
Falcon or a Fairlane? I thought he built the Mustang on a Fairlane chassis.

PhilFree:arrow:

I cant say the fairlane isnt the same. But I know for sure the falcon chassis is the same exact chassis. I also know that some but not all of the fairlane parts interchange, where all falcon chassis related parts do fit the mustang. That all may have changed by the early 70s.