ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs fans getting a hop in their step. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209399)

cmh6476 06-22-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5855297)
Denver hasn't lost a WR... anything can happen, but as of right now... his unhappy butt is still a Bronco hoping to get paid.

umm, and how is this any different than Brian Waters?

Skip Towne 06-22-2009 10:01 AM

I don't think TG is the best player in Chiefs history.

Spott 06-22-2009 10:04 AM

The glory days are returning. Before you know it we'll be losing in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Time's Yours 06-22-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5855304)
Those guys are the two best players on your team. We got 2 first round picks, a third round pick, and a starting QB for Cutler.

You guys got what.... A very late second round pick NEXT year for the best player in Chiefs history.

Exaclty, because we've been getting rid of older players who wouldn't be around in a couple of years anyway. You guys are losing solid young players.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 5855321)
The glory days are returning. Before you know it we'll be losing in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

With Fraud Boy helming the Offense, you can COUNT on it.

Brock 06-22-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5855297)
Denver hasn't lost a WR... anything can happen, but as of right now... his unhappy butt is still a Bronco hoping to get paid.

/Baghdad Bob

Mile High Mania 06-22-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5855332)
/Baghdad Bob

It is what it is...

Marshall looks at 2009, the final of his current contract and realizes that he is very unlikely to hit 100 receptions for the 3rd consecutive season.

I think 70-85 is much more likely an expectation... not because Orton sucks, but because the offense has changed. Hopefully, they have a more consistent rushing attack. The offense will likely be more open to other options. And, Marshall has a number of 'off field' strikes against him.

So, why not scream for a new deal and demand a trade now... he's doing what he can to push the team to give him a new deal. Nobody knows what they will do, but he doesn't have much leverage.

If he sits out... he screws with his FA status for 2010. I don't see him sitting out though, not with the issues he already has... that will only further hurt his shot at the next big contract - which he is rightfully due.

bringbackmarty 06-22-2009 11:26 AM

The division does suck...Norv is the coach of the only good team. Every year a team does come almost out of nowhere, so it's possible I guess. I just hope we pick up a couple of starters before we hit the field in September. We need one more good tackle on both sides of the ball. If we can somehow manufacture consistent above average play from our nose tackle and right offensive tackle we won't be embarrassing ourselves anymore, and that is some decent progress.

LaChapelle 06-22-2009 11:29 AM

Crisco and money underthe table pride will return.

cmh6476 06-22-2009 11:33 AM

meh, this isn't a championship caliber team. It was like trying to cheer for the Damon Huard led team right after they backed their way into the playoffs. You knew there was a ceiling to what they could do, and you were just kind of hoping they would maybe at least get tot he playoffs.

There's going to be reason to watch and interest, but it isnt because you think this team has what it takes tog et far in the postseason. However I think most of us feel this team is close to turning the corner, and with a couple more pieces in place could be that team that does stand the chance to really make some noise and make it fun to watch the Chiefs once again.

Slainte 06-22-2009 11:36 AM

Yes, I'm getting a real hop in my step over our impending 4 or 5 win season...

Brock 06-22-2009 11:37 AM

To the ship!!

RealSNR 06-22-2009 11:39 AM

I'm waiting for this season to end.

I'm sick of getting my hopes up. Basically, this team needs to AT LEAST win a playoff game for me to get cocky with any other fans. That could take seasons.

So I'll continue waiting. Hopefully it will all work out eventually.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 5855493)
meh, this isn't a championship caliber team. It was like trying to cheer for the Damon Huard led team right after they backed their way into the playoffs. You knew there was a ceiling to what they could do, and you were just kind of hoping they would maybe at least get tot he playoffs.

There's going to be reason to watch and interest, but it isnt because you think this team has what it takes tog et far in the postseason. However I think most of us feel this team is close to turning the corner, and with a couple more pieces in place could be that team that does stand the chance to really make some noise and make it fun to watch the Chiefs once again.

Precisely.

CoMoChief 06-22-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5855274)
Tony G gone... check
Brian Waters wants out... check
Mike Vrabel wants no part of KC... check

BEST OFFSEASON EVER! ROFL

(just using KC fans logic here)

Tony G wanted no part of KC last season and look what happened, he had one of his best seasons as a Chief.

You're argument doesn't make any sense. Besides TG, the rest are still ON THE TEAM.

Orton to Royal..............IN-COM-PLETE!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Denver's gonna suck for yrs now. I doubt McDaniels lasts 4 seasons.