ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Is my landlord ****ing me? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315780)

Rain Man 06-12-2018 07:39 PM

Tell them it's not in the lease so you choose not to donate. Make them prove to you that they can add such a fee.

ChiefsCountry 06-12-2018 07:40 PM

Company must have gotten burnt by bad checks. I always wrote checks when I rented because I wanted a written record that I paid. I'm amazed by the people who rent who pay cash month to month. Of course most of them don't have an account at a bank either, which always amazes me as well.

Hammock Parties 06-12-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13590787)
That sucks ass to have a bad landlord.

This company is a bigger corporate function that basically handles the leases and maintenance for people who actually own the houses.

They're trying to skim some more off the top it would seem.

If I don't buy a house in the spring I'm going to back to my old landlord. Just a dude with a bunch of houses. Never had a single issue.

suzzer99 06-12-2018 07:40 PM

First symptom is a pounding sensation in your ass. If it persists, seek help.

Frazod 06-12-2018 07:42 PM

Copying what I posted on your FB thread:

I'd check the payment provisions of your lease. If there's no language regarding excess fees or collection methods, you may not have to pay it.

Of course, actually making that happen is an entirely different animal. You may have to hire an attorney to fight for you, and the attorney will probably charge you more to get you out of paying it than paying it will cost you. And of course, your landlord knows that.

Rasputin 06-12-2018 07:47 PM

Is your landlord ****ing you? Does he/she come through the window in your room while you're sleeping? That would be rape. You've been raped in your sleep.

AssEaterChief 06-12-2018 07:48 PM

It is 25 whole dollars....I wouldn't neccesarily call that getting ****ed

Chief Roundup 06-12-2018 07:49 PM

Check your lease agreement paying special attention to vague clauses about changes to the lease, rent and payment options. This will determine how you can handle the situation.
Once you have read it over again call your landlord and open communications regarding this situation. Use a emotionless town of voice. Depending on what you want to happen will help you decide how far you are wanting/willing to go in whichever direction that the conversation will go.

SPchief 06-12-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 13590806)

So you would just willingly piss away 300 bucks a year?

Hammock Parties 06-12-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Do you know how much that is in 2118 dollars?

Especially after the collapse of the Trumpian Dynasty.

SAUTO 06-12-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13590794)
Company must have gotten burnt by bad checks. I always wrote checks when I rented because I wanted a written record that I paid. I'm amazed by the people who rent who pay cash month to month. Of course most of them don't have an account at a bank either, which always amazes me as well.

I never had a bank account until right before i bought the shop

Rasputin 06-12-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Yes I would consider it ****ing him

I went to pay a bill in the AT&T store with cash in hand and they charged me a $1 processing fee I was like What The ****. Its cash here you go I'm not paying an extra dollar bullshit charge. I quit them but find out that's how it is nowadays Version does it too. Its bullshit. ****ing bullshit.

vailpass 06-12-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13590795)
This company is a bigger corporate function that basically handles the leases and maintenance for people who actually own the houses.

They're trying to skim some more off the top it would seem.

If I don't buy a house in the spring I'm going to back to my old landlord. Just a dude with a bunch of houses. Never had a single issue.

Do they have an option for you to pay via direct deposit or online with no fee?

Hammock Parties 06-12-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13590815)
Do they have an option for you to pay via direct deposit or online with no fee?

Apparently, though I could have sworn before that there was a charge to do so, and that is why I opted for auto-mailed checks.

Frazod 06-12-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13590814)
Yes I would consider it ****ing him

I went to pay a bill in the AT&T store with cash in hand and they charged me a $1 processing fee I was like What The ****. Its cash here you go I'm not paying an extra dollar bullshit charge. I quit them but find out that's how it is nowadays Version does it too. Its bullshit. ****ing bullshit.

Exactly. These unholy ****s should not be able to charge a customer for paying them on time.