ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Here we go : What does future hold for Chiefs? Only Hunt knows ! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267938)

CoMoChief 12-22-2012 08:57 PM

The crap the Star has now for sports writers makes me miss Whitlock....and I wasn't ever really a fan of his writings....but at least he'd get down to real issues and take stabs at the front office.

ROYC75 12-23-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9233234)
I'd just smile and walk away.

I would too, but there would be many going totally ape about it. It would just save me the Sunday Ticket money.

Ghost of Maslowski 12-23-2012 05:15 AM

"Since taking over as the Chiefs’ chairman, Hunt has had to make some monumental decisions."

decisions that have worked out so badly for the Chiefs that Clark rivals Pioli as the most incompetent member of the Chiefs front office. five years after inheriting the Chiefs, the results of Clark's own failures have devolved the franchise from a shambles to a complete ruin.

nychief 12-23-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9233095)
Bold the important parts. JFC

Reading is fun-damental.

farmerchief 12-23-2012 08:43 AM

Hunt just has to let Pioli go! Then let the new GM choose his own head coach, which I rather highly doubt would be Romeo. Clark should see the light by now?

bevischief 12-23-2012 08:46 AM

Not tanking games for a living.

Dayze 12-23-2012 08:54 AM

Clark, in my opinion, does care about winning. However, only to the extent that the seats are full and parking lot is full. I think 'winning' in terms of advancing into the playoffs and championships are a few notches below on his priority list.

If they can win a championship while still doing the status quo, then it's just an added bonus for Clark. The Chiefs are a business to him. nothing more, nothing less. He's smart as a whip, but I don't believe for one second that he has any emotional attachment to the Chiefs.

bevischief 12-23-2012 09:12 AM

We suck!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go team!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::#:eek::grr:

kcfanXIII 12-23-2012 09:40 AM

the hunts have always been hands off owners. i'd rather that then some meddling super villain like jerry jones. has pioli been a huge pot of fail? absolutely, but if you look at who his options were, and his reputation at the time, pioli was the right hire. if clark doesn't make a move, i can see the bitching and complaining about him. until then though, you sound stupid when you say its clark's fault...

Coogs 12-23-2012 09:51 AM

If the new GM needs to keep the HC around... even just for a while... to help with player evaluations, then he probably isn't a good GM candidate to begin with.

Get a GM and HC, or HC and GM... and let them evaluate the talent. With as many HC'ing spots that may be open, we don't need to be snoozing with a new GM picking Crennel's brain about current team evaluations while the good HC'ing candidates are being gobbled up by the other teams.

stonedstooge 12-23-2012 09:53 AM

Chiefs Insider pre-game show all about the charity work done by the front office and team. YOUR TEAM SUCKS CLARK. PIMPING THE CHARITY WORK DOESN'T MAKE THAT FACT GO AWAY

ROYC75 12-23-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9233972)
If the new GM needs to keep the HC around... even just for a while... to help with player evaluations, then he probably isn't a good GM candidate to begin with.

Get a GM and HC, or HC and GM... and let them evaluate the talent. With as many HC'ing spots that may be open, we don't need to be snoozing with a new GM picking Crennel's brain about current team evaluations while the good HC'ing candidates are being gobbled up by the other teams.

This, don't let the good hire get away while we play the same routine as the past.

notorious 12-23-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9233145)
If Pioli stays and hires McDumbass, this place will go VIRAL!

The sad thing is if Pioli somehow stays here that would be their best move.

Bugeater 12-23-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9233972)

Agreed. There needs to be a total housecleaning Dec 31st. The foot-dragging "evaluation" song and dance bullshit cost us last time around, and there sure as hell isn't anyone on this staff that is worth saving.

Coogs 12-23-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of Maslowski (Post 9233780)
"Since taking over as the Chiefs’ chairman, Hunt has had to make some monumental decisions."

decisions that have worked out so badly for the Chiefs that Clark rivals Pioli as the most incompetent member of the Chiefs front office. five years after inheriting the Chiefs, the results of Clark's own failures have devolved the franchise from a shambles to a complete ruin.

It's hard to fault Clark for picking Pioli. It was regarded as a major coup by most of the NFL.

Where it would be hard to not fault Clark, would be if he fails to admit the expirement was a failure, and continue along the same path.