ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hey, ChiefsPlanet. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274501)

Direckshun 07-13-2013 12:10 AM

LMAO

Awesome.

Aphex Twin was always a favorite of mine from the budding days. We were talking about this in PMs, but Aphex Twin still sounds super fresh. People are still covering it and remixing it to this day. I love "Flim."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_-skOEVVpcI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 07-13-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9808486)
LMAO

Awesome.

Aphex Twin was always a favorite of mine from the budding days. We were talking about this in PMs, but Aphex Twin still sounds super fresh. People are still covering it and remixing it to this day. I love "Flim."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_-skOEVVpcI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like AT pretty well - I remember getting his album where his face is very mona lisa like at Media Play, that day I also bought 'clubbers guide to the breaks' / Ministry of Sound (great double cd set.) ... but yeah - Aphex Twin sets his alarm and wakes up and writes from his dreams, or something of the sort. Real interesting, I like the Orb a whole lot, I like Little Fluffy Clouds a shit ton. I will say Dj Icey is the most talented American DJ over the last 20 years and that DJ Krush is the most talented DJ in the WORLD over the past 20 years. That's where I'm at on all of this. There can't be uses of Dated, when you plucking proper trax from years ago. It's all about the selection of what you may call dated.

Simply Red 07-13-2013 12:21 AM

I'm going to watch Lake Dead 8 Films To Die For - here in a few - so let's get this on!

Direckshun 07-13-2013 12:26 AM

Depends what you mean by DJ.

If you mean straight dance, well, okay. I'll roll with it -- I don't know his stuff and I'm happy to defer.

My belief is that the most talented electronic musician (if we want to expand "DJ" to fit that title -- and we probably don't) is Markus Popp of Oval.

Oval's stuff is way, way out there. Like it's evolved past human ears.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NT25uXvDRsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is actually perhaps the most accessible song Popp's authored.

Direckshun 07-13-2013 12:28 AM

Far more typical:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e_8sHKD35iY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rico 07-13-2013 12:34 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DYa2n6alO00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 07-13-2013 12:35 AM

You seem to like down temp a lot and minimal breakbeat - I like more jump up - The Flying Lotus is about as crazy as I'll get, psychodelic acid electo, sort of.

Also, as I'd mentioned before, you need to get into J Saul Kane, he's got some nice skills. Especially under the "Depth Charge" badge.

Question:
Do you like older Acid - such as Plastikman? or is that too old sounding?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tvRnVYg7IOg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 07-13-2013 12:40 AM

contain is such a dope track especially on a clear bass injected stereo - it really sets you free - that's a nice transition about 4.5 in.

Direckshun 07-13-2013 12:42 AM

Yeah, you're definitely right. I tend to go for slower paced, more esoteric kinda IDM and noise music. It's just exotic to me:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZudFE4mOT7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, and I actually have a couple Plastikman albums. Well, I have the one where he went off the deep end:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MtJzjc_ff78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've heard some of his earlier material when he was releasing far more hyperactive stuff as Richie Hawtin. I liked it.

Simply Red 07-13-2013 12:45 AM

This is probably the best representation of Icey, it's fairly current - he's a momentous DJ so you have to listen to the entire thing - and again, laptop speakers do it no justice at all, really.

He definitely puts out the best albums of that genre - I've never seen him live.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ounLDs8DBT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 07-13-2013 12:50 AM

I like that one, Direckshun.

Direckshun 07-13-2013 12:51 AM

This thread is now worthy of this bullshit:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G5ZB7y9zzP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun 07-13-2013 12:55 AM

That Icey song took off in the last minute.

I fear that sound may be growing stale with me here in 2013... I don't know. I still liked hearing it though. So it's entirely possible I'm full of shit.

Direckshun 07-13-2013 12:56 AM

Stuff more my speed, SR:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mj1j9tIcCFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun 07-13-2013 12:57 AM

Have you heard the new Kanye West, SR? You'd probably like huge chunks of it.

Edit: Seriously, huge chunks of his album sound like something you'd forward me in a PM.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bWrVxBLycsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>