ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL Network's list of Joe Montana's greatest games. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268825)

Frazod 01-13-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9313839)
Montana was retired in 1997. The game that was listed at #3 was the game in 1993 where KC's defense dominated and DT sacked Young in the end zone for a safety.

It was still awesome, though. San Francisco was favored (by a good margin, IIRC) and the Chiefs stomped the shit out of them. I remember all the talking heads sucking Young's dick before the game. The result of extremely satifying.

I hate Young.

As for the Montana/Young game, it may not mean as much to us as the Denver game, but I'm sure it meant more to Joe, who also hates Young.

suzzer99 01-13-2013 02:20 PM

I was at the Montana/Young game. When DT got the safety is one of the loudest times I've ever heard at Arrowhead.

LoneWolf 01-13-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9313851)
It was still awesome, though. San Francisco was favored (by a good margin, IIRC) and the Chiefs stomped the shit out of them. I remember all the talking heads sucking Young's dick before the game. The result of extremely satifying.

I hate Young.

As for the Montana/Young game, it may not mean as much to us as the Denver game, but I'm sure it meant more to Joe, who also hates Young.

Agree that it was awesome. Just pointing out that the 97 game wouldn't have been on the list since Montana was retired. I was at the game in 93 and it is one of the loudest games I have ever attended.

Frazod 01-13-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9313863)
I was at the Montana/Young game. When DT got the safety is one of the loudest times I've ever heard at Arrowhead.

I never got to see Montana play in person. :(

Frazod 01-13-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9313870)
Agree that it was awesome. Just pointing out that the 97 game wouldn't have been on the list since Montana was retired. I was at the game in 93 and it is one of the loudest games I have ever attended.

:thumb:

The loudest game I ever attended was the '03 Chiefs/Broncos game. When Hall ran that return back for a touchdown I thought the concrete was going to explode.

LoneWolf 01-13-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9313881)

The loudest game I ever attended was the '03 Chiefs/Broncos game. When Hall ran that return back for a touchdown I thought the concrete was going to explode.

That play would actually make my top 3 loudest moments ever at Arrowhead. Our seats are in section 108 and Hall ran that punt back directly at us. Here is my top 3:

1. DT sack of Young in the end zone.
2. Hall punt return in '03.
3. Vanover punt return on Monday night vs. San Diego in overtime.

dtebbe 01-13-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9313881)

#1 for me as well. I was SO lucky to be at that game!

DT