ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I started Atkins today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104491)

bobbything 11-16-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

I did atkins for a few months. I lost 30 lbs. Then I quit, and gained it all back.
The exact same thing happened to my dad. I tried to warn him. He's now on the Weight Watchers program for the better part of 2 years. He exercises regularly and hasn't gained a pound back.

The problem is that people want to lose weight so quickly. But, in order to sustain it, you have to exercise and/or manage your fat/carb/calorie intake as well.

A combination diet, with a strict exercise program, is sure to do wonders. Plus, you'll have more energy which makes you feel much better.

Eleazar 11-16-2004 04:52 PM

There's a new diet I heard quite a buzz about lately. It's called the cochise diet. You eat salad, drink 20 glasses of water per day, mix in some evening jogging, and hire someone to move in with you that beats you into oblivion if you cheat.

The Rick 11-16-2004 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
Your post doesn't make me happy. I feel like neg repping you...

Even if the soda has no calories, so sodium, no carbs and no sugar?????

(please, please give me the answer I want)

I never had problems drinking it. I think it's fine. If you can though, get the non-caffeinated stuff. Some people say caffeine has an effect on weight loss.

Hoover 11-16-2004 04:56 PM

I did Atkins, but was off it for the past three months, I have not really gained much back, but I know I've added some lbs over the past two weekends of hard ass drinking. Tonight I statrt again. I would liek to drop an additional 20.

Pants 11-16-2004 04:56 PM

beer me,
just start exercising a lot. At first it'll be a drag, but eventually if you fight through it, it'll become addiciting and enjoyable. Turn all that fat into muscle and become healthier. Of course start eating healthy too.

Saulbadguy 11-16-2004 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
beer me,
just start exercising a lot. At first it'll be a drag, but eventually if you fight through it, it'll become addiciting and enjoyable. Turn all that fat into muscle and become healthier. Of course start eating healthy too.

You've obviously never been a fatass. I recommend shutting up.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-16-2004 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Bout time. You could live for a month off the fat in your ass. :p

It's not my ass so much as my gut.... but a smaller ass will be good too.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-16-2004 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
For me it was all or nothing.

No bread, no taters, no beer, no soda (later diet coke), no beans, no mexican, no italian, no pasta...not a bite for three months. After that I'd eat small amounts of bread/beans/beer 2 or 3 days a week.

I lost 65 lbs total, and in 1 year I've put 5 back on. I need to go under 20 carbs a day again for about 2 months, come april.

Basically, it's willpower. Good luck man!

damn....nice work....

...and thanks.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-16-2004 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
May I reccomend the South Beach diet? Its a bit more flexible, and easier to stick to.

Of course I can't stick to any diet, but this one WAS easier.

what is it?

BIG_DADDY 11-16-2004 04:59 PM

Quote:

It's not my ass so much as my gut.... but a smaller ass will be good too.

If you could get down under Barney's weight it would be a start.

Pants 11-16-2004 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
You've obviously never been a fatass. I recommend shutting up.

Eat shit. I was just trying to help, asshole.

Demonpenz 11-16-2004 04:59 PM

Wieght loss is like anything else in life. it's just a matter of how bad do you want it. I feel the most successful way of loosing weight is look at yourself in the mirror and realizing what a piece of shit you have become and how your dead realitaves would be ashamed at what you did with your life. To think your grandparents came over as immigrants and worked 14 hour days so you can waste your life away. Oh and i heard cocaine can help you lose weight too

Saulbadguy 11-16-2004 05:00 PM

Quote:

what is it?

Sort of like Atkins. Not "low carb", but eating the "right carbs". It allows 100% whole wheat bread products after the first 2 weeks.

Oh..either diet you start, READ THE ENTIRE BOOK before you do it. Don't think you can do it all without knowledge.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-16-2004 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Someday I should really invest in a scale. Curious how much I weigh.

I know I hit a deuce a couple years ago... wonder how much of a lardass I am now.

I'm guessing about 215.

Saulbadguy 11-16-2004 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
Eat shit. I was just trying to help, asshole.

Ok John Madden. Stating the obvious never really helps, though.