ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Johnson gets a game ball.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105824)

Hoover 12-06-2004 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Landers
Gee, yathink?

Well I for one have defended LJ all fu@king year, not just after he has a good game. I still don't like that we drafted the guy, but since we did we should get him on the field.

Lzen 12-06-2004 10:45 AM

I don't care what his style looked like. You don't get points for style in the NFL. LJ looked good out there yesterday.

As for what happens next year: If Priest comes back, they will most likely let Derrick Blaylock become a free agent. And he will most likely become a starter for some other team in dire need of a RB. i.e. Miami.
If Priest decides to retire(a small possibility, IMO), I'm guessing the Chiefs will try to keep Blaylock and let he and Johnson compete for the 1st string tailback position. Either way, I feel really good about our RBs for next year. :)

Logical 12-06-2004 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzzLovr
I just figured out why Vlad was in such a pissy mood over the win.

Actually this thread explains my pissy mood about the game. I did not watch the game so I did not see LJs performance and spent time with the family instead.

Wile_E_Coyote 12-06-2004 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
Actually this thread explains my pissy mood about the game. I did not watch the game so I did not see LJs performance and spent time with the family instead.

it was like 5 yards a pop, very nice

Ultra Peanut 12-06-2004 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Oh...

KCTitus 12-06-2004 11:00 AM

Quote:

...I did not watch the game...

Nice...yet that didnt stop you to offer your critique on him in this thread.

That is pure genious (chiefsplanet spelling)

Brock 12-06-2004 11:01 AM

Quote:

I did not watch the game.

We can tell.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 11:02 AM

LJ was just LJ, nothing special. He didn't do anything any of the other HB's we have couldn't do.

Servicable....that's it.

It was a wasted pick that we must live with ......

JazzzLovr 12-06-2004 11:04 AM

Quote:

Well, my post was just a joke about your long-running (no pun intended) distaste for LJ, which you only demonstrated in the post that followed it.

I saw your thread. I find it somewhat ironic that it was written by the same person who once replied to one of my posts with a list of our first round draft picks for the past 10 or 15 years in an effort to prove how many picks have been wasted. Face it, the higher the draft pick, the more pissed off you're gonna be when the Chiefs' pick at that position doesn't appear to make any sense.

We win, you bitch about draft order.
We lose, you bitch about our pick later.

Congratulations. You seem to have all the bases covered. You can be in a pissy mood for quite some time. :thumb:

David. 12-06-2004 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75
LJ was just LJ, nothing special. He didn't do anything any of the other HB's we have couldn't do.

Servicable....that's it.

yeah 150+ yards and 2 touchdowns. CHICKEN SHIT. Hell I could probably do that.

:rolleyes: maybe we should start Scanlon at HB.

the Talking Can 12-06-2004 11:04 AM

I'm most surprised by his speed..he has long strides so it doesn't look like he is running fast....but runs away from people in open space.

He doesn't have Priest's ankles (cutting ability) but he has a pretty sweet combo of speed and power. And when DV leaves next year our new coach can start over with a talented RB.

Its funny to listen to commentators rave about Jackson in St. Louis....imho, Johnson is the same back, only faster...

Pants 12-06-2004 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75

Servicable....that's it.

Agreed.

He did run against the Raiders, people seem to forget/disregard that.
That's like judging Blaylock according to his NO performance. He is NOT a 200 YPG rusher.

Ultra Peanut 12-06-2004 11:05 AM

"LJ ain't no Scanlon, I'll tell you bitches that much right now!"

David. 12-06-2004 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
He is NOT a 200 YPG rusher.

metro knows this because he's seen LJ in his numerous other starts. Forget the fact he ran well against the number 2 defense in the league last week.

Gaz 12-06-2004 11:06 AM

Wake up, Mr. Webster...you got some updating to do...

Clearly, “serviceable” does not mean what I thought it did.

xoxo~
Gaz
Laboring under a false definition.