ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I hope we do finish 8-8... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106368)

BigChiefFan 12-14-2004 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree
We lost the last game last year as well as a couple others late in the season. We we're blown out of the Donks and Vikes games too and that is where the total collapse of the D really took hold.

PhilFree :arrow:

Maybe so, but when you change players, there is always going to be a different team, unless you go the Carl approach and retain the same scrubs, so I believe there is always a different team. Momentum is great, but there is absolutley no way there is a guarantee it carries over. We are playing for 2005 and beyond at this point. Please tell me how giving up 35 points is building momentum for next year? If that's momentum-we are fooked.

KCN 12-14-2004 09:10 AM

Hell yeah 8-8. I can't get excited about losing for draft position, especially when all 3 of our final games are division rivals. No way. Like could be said in a Mastercard commercial...cost of finishing 8-8: a few spots of draft position....putting the axe on Denver's playoff chances in Arrowhead...or beating the Raiders on Christmas Day.....priceless.

philfree 12-14-2004 09:15 AM

Quote:

Please tell me how giving up 35 points is building momentum for next year?
IMO winning is always better and look on the bright side. WE won and still had the main point that we can't cover anyone driven down our throat. If we want to have a chance it's obvious we have to replace at least two of our CBs if not the whole secondary.

Stinger 12-14-2004 09:26 AM

I would love to go 8-8 just to piss the people off who want a higher draft slot instead of winning. Not to mention sweeping the Raiders again and knocking the Broncos out of the playoff picture.

Iowanian 12-14-2004 09:34 AM

My superbowl this year, is beating Denver this week, knocking them out of the playoffs.

Warrior5 12-14-2004 09:47 AM

You sir, get a harumph!

BigChiefFan 12-14-2004 10:05 AM

Quote:

IMO winning is always better and look on the bright side. WE won and still had the main point that we can't cover anyone driven down our throat. If we want to have a chance it's obvious we have to replace at least two of our CBs if not the whole secondary.

Again, I'll pose the same question...Please tell me how giving up 35 points is building momentum for next year? Yes we won and that was nice to see, however we won in spite of our woeful defense. Winning at this point seems futile IMO, when you consider how much we really need a complete overhaul. Unless Carl has one of his best FA to date, I just see us in the same boat. I'm not saying I can't believe there is a possibilty that Carl and company can't right the ship, but his track record speaks otherwise.

On the issue of winning this year...my heart tells me to win and my head says to lose out. The Chiefs are in a catch 22. I just believe that we need a strong draft to go with, hopefully some quality FA acquisitions, I'm just not going to get my hopes up.

Winning MAY or MAY NOT carry over to next year, however the guaranteed draft slotting could potentially net you a franchise player, IE Johnson, Rolle, ect... that could impact our team for the next 10 plus years, winning out doesn't net us players, the draft does. That is why I'm so in favor of the draft helping us.

Brock 12-14-2004 10:07 AM

Absolutely, win out. Draft position guarantees nothing.

ptlyon 12-14-2004 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
My superbowl this year, is beating Denver this week, knocking them out of the playoffs.

Great minds.

philfree 12-14-2004 10:34 AM

Quote:

Again, I'll pose the same question...Please tell me how giving up 35 points is building momentum for next year?
I don't know but we did seem carry over some momentum from 2002 to 2003 though. It was more offense then defense though. Giving up 35 points doesn't help anything but perhaps the way we won the game with LJs big plays being a major contributor we our offense is now more confident then it's ever been. I'll take the wins regardless :shrug:

Devin Vierth 12-14-2004 10:42 AM

I don't watch my football team to watch them lose. I watch them to see them win. I haven't had anywhere close to enough of that this year.

TIME TO KILL THE DONKS!!!!!!!!!!

shaneo69 12-14-2004 10:43 AM

I agree with NJ. The only thing 8-8 does is give Vermiel the stupid notion that his shitty defensive players have finally improved and are now good enough to win with.

The Bad Guy 12-14-2004 11:00 AM

Quote:

I don't know but we did seem carry over some momentum from 2002 to 2003 though. It was more offense then defense though. Giving up 35 points doesn't help anything but perhaps the way we won the game with LJs big plays being a major contributor we our offense is now more confident then it's ever been. I'll take the wins regardless :shrug:

How did we carry momentum into 2003? The defense sucked shit against the Browns and was bailed out because of a stupid rule.

Count me in with the group that doesn't get all gitty over wins in December when this team pissed the bed in September and October.

Judging from Holmes comments, the Chiefs really believe they are in this position because of injuries and bad luck.

Bad luck is having the 11 scabs we do on defense.

Logical 12-14-2004 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
How did we carry momentum into 2003? The defense sucked shit against the Browns and was bailed out because of a stupid rule.

Count me in with the group that doesn't get all gitty over wins in December when this team pissed the bed in September and October.

Judging from Holmes comments, the Chiefs really believe they are in this position because of injuries and bad luck.

Bad luck is having the 11 scabs we do on defense.

:thumb:

philfree 12-14-2004 11:06 AM

Quote:

How did we carry momentum into 2003?
We did come out of the gate and win 9 in a row :shrug: