ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Defensive problem lies with out secondary (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106470)

DenverChief 12-15-2004 12:24 PM

at least we don't see anymore of Browning, Hicks or Sims dropping 10-15 yds back to cover a Marvin Harrison :banghead:

Chiefnj 12-15-2004 12:25 PM

Welcome aboard. I disagree with everything you said, but welcome aboard nonetheless.

StcChief 12-15-2004 12:47 PM

Good analysis. Supports Daddy T.

Corners / Safeties can't get beat one-on-one.

LBs needs to be addressed for run stopage.
Need a Domaint Player at MLB.

This are needed for Gun's scheme to work.

HC_Chief 12-15-2004 01:11 PM

Quote:

and that until this season NONE of the players have been in it...
:spock:
Hicks, Warfield, Bartee, Browning, Woods, Wesley - all here when Gunther was either DC or HC. They know the system - they ran it for years. They show no signs of improvement... it has been <i>13</i> games now, and they seem to actually be regressing.

Points to a lack of talent, rather than scheme. I didn't buy into the "just replace the DC and we're good to go" BS last year and I'm certainly not going to buy into the "it's a new scheme, give 'em time" BS THIS year. Gunther has come right out and said the players aren't executing the plays as coached. That means they're either really stupid, or bad. Either way, that means they need to be replaced.

ChiefN1 12-15-2004 01:41 PM

again with the blah blah blah...

Quote:

Hicks, Warfield, Bartee, Browning, Woods, Wesley - all here when Gunther was either DC or HC. They know the system - they ran it for years. They show no signs of improvement... it has been 13 games now, and they seem to actually be regressing.
spoken like a true curmudgeon...

Yes... I was not entirely accurate in my statement, but to suggest that those six guys (with the aid of alot of new players and undeveloped rookies/aquisitions could fill the void)...is well, not entirely valid. In that list are two (2) linemen who have played exceptionally over the years. One of the safties mentioned was half of a tandem that when Hasty was playing one of the most tenacious pair in all of football. Bartee has NEVER (at least from my perspective) been consistant/reliable or even worthy and Wesley and Warfield...well we all know the story. But to suggest that when pretty much half of the rest of the defense doesn't know or hasn't played the scheme and these six guys were supposed to pick up the slack for an entire defesive unit...uh, pardon my saying so, but you're snowing yerself. I still think there is plenty of talent...just that most of it is under-developed enough to be effective it is a team sport after all. Somehow I'm thinkin this kind of season after the quality of the last two...I would be regressing more than a little. Where is the Faith man!STFU

RDB

HC_Chief 12-15-2004 01:48 PM

Exceptionally well? :spock:

Hicks has made a career off of one spectacular season. Since his 11 sack year he has been invisible.

Browning is a serviceable <i>backup</i>, but hardly an exceptional player. Sure, he has range- able to play both tackle and end, but he excels at neither. He's simply another body in the rotation.

The 5 other guys had better pick up the slack, or pack their bags. It is that simple: you perform or you are replaced. Welcome to the bigs, son.

As for "the faith", it went out the window years ago: when the _efense became an embarassment to this city and to the franchise. It has only gotten worse. Or did you miss the game this past Monday night when the putrid _efense surrendered nearly 600 yards of offense and 38 points to backups? Faith? No such thing any more, pal. They need to get their asses on the field and PROVE they deserve a job on my beloved Chiefs' squad. :grr:

You can bury your head in the sand all you want, I just hope our front office has also given up hope that "faith conquers all" (and actually DO something about improving the D)

Calcountry 12-15-2004 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole
Water is wet.

And shit stinks.

HC_Chief 12-15-2004 01:55 PM

Quote:

And shit stinks.
You shouldn't talk about Eric Hicks' friends like that... you're going to give them a complex.

I think you owe them a hug.

ChiefN1 12-15-2004 01:59 PM

ok...whatever!?

at least we agree on this...
Quote:

The 5 other guys had better pick up the slack, or pack their bags. It is that simple: you perform or you are replaced. Welcome to the bigs, son.
and this...
Quote:

They need to get their asses on the field and PROVE they deserve a job on my beloved Chiefs' squad.
but this is rather...sad, a bit fanatical, but still sad...
Quote:

As for "the faith", it went out the window years ago: when the _efense became an embarassment to this city and to the franchise. It has only gotten worse. Or did you miss the game this past Monday night when the putrid _efense surrendered nearly 600 yards of offense and 38 points to backups? Faith? No such thing any more, pal.
I'm a die hard too dude...but ya gotta have love....LOL! Oh, and yeah I did miss the game, due to an untimely DEATH in the family...but they won right?

RDB

Frankie 12-15-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks
we need to hire James Hasty as our DB coach.

Or Emmit Thomas.

HC_Chief 12-15-2004 02:08 PM

Yeah, they won... but I give the _efense next to zero credit. They are horrible. I truly am embarassed by them. The Titans have been decimated by injuries this year... we were facing backups at QB and receiver. Even the starting RB was banged up.... no matter, this _efense will hand you 600 yards and 38 points on a platter.

I'm currently working remotely for a client in Nashville... the game came up in conversation, and I told them our O would score a minimum of 35 points; but not to worry, this stinking excuse for a D will give up 38. lol, quite the prognosticator eh? I'm just thankful Fisher didn't run the clock down before trying the FG. 2+ minutes left and give the Kansas City offense the ball? Unwise. :D

AZChief 12-15-2004 02:56 PM

ChiefNI: "I still think there is plenty of talent..."

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...have you seen any games this year?

az