ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mile High Mania - Got a Question For You... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108134)

Hoover 01-10-2005 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
Denver needs to focus on the pass rush and TE, in my opinion. Jake had a fine season and knows the offense well. It appears the players like him and I think there's a lot to be said about that.

Last year, Sharpe was his main target. Lelie was slowly getting his grips on the offense with his new QB.

This year, Rod and Lelie had fine seasons. Luke and Watts show great potential as other weapons... Putzier has looked good at times, but he's not consistent enough, nor the game breaking TE that I'd like to see in this offense.

Take it as excuses if you like, but those are the two areas of concern to me.

I agree on Denver needing a TE. I was suprised that Plummer put up nthe numbers he did withour Sharpe at TE. They would be even better on O with a solid pass catching TE. Also I think Bell will be one hell of a back.

On Defense they need a DLine. And they have to get it via the draft IMO, to expensive to buy in FA, but hey its Denver they don't have a cap..... lol

The one thing that could go wrong in Denver is the Rat. He has been there 10 years and I think his time has come, both he and the team need a change. I also think Rat would love to go rebuild a team like San Fran.

blsilks 01-10-2005 09:10 AM

I will tell you about Mile High Mania/Magic. Its gone. You guys destroyed the magic when you destroyed the stadium.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
I agree on Denver needing a TE. I was suprised that Plummer put up nthe numbers he did withour Sharpe at TE. They would be even better on O with a solid pass catching TE. Also I think Bell will be one hell of a back.

On Defense they need a DLine. And they have to get it via the draft IMO, to expensive to buy in FA, but hey its Denver they don't have a cap..... lol

The one thing that could go wrong in Denver is the Rat. He has been there 10 years and I think his time has come, both he and the team need a change. I also think Rat would love to go rebuild a team like San Fran.

I've mentally prepared myself for Shanahan to leave, if not this year - next. He joined in 1995 and has had a good long run. If he left this year, he would have left the team better than he found it... taking over a 7-9 team - going to the playoffs 6 times and winning 2 Super Bowls in 10 years.

I understand the notion of him going to San Fran, but I've read their cap is a mess the next year or two and I can't see York being an owner to do the things required to win. But, who knows?

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blsilks
I will tell you about Mile High Mania/Magic. Its gone. You guys destroyed the magic when you destroyed the stadium.

Thanks for the insight. What destroyed the Arrowhead mystique?

Garcia Bronco 01-10-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover

The 9ers aren't run by Steve D anymore...York is cheap...and he won't spend on players

TEX 01-10-2005 10:09 AM

Quote:

No defense, but you really shouldn't ask that after 45-17. You know it still remains one of the hardest places for Denver to win at. :thumb:

morphius 01-10-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX
No defense, but you really shouldn't ask that after 45-17. You know it still remains one of the hardest places for Denver to win at. :thumb:

I don't know, they put a pretty good whipping on us in the season opener at their house.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX

Sure, it's hard for most AFCW teams to win on the road within the division.

But, are you denying that the mystique of Arrowhead isn't what it once was? I was there for the Denver game, I understand how crazy the fans were... but, is it having it's affect on the other team?

What was the home record again and how many .500 teams (or below) won there this season?

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 10:22 AM

Quote:

But, are you denying that the mystique of Arrowhead isn't what it once was? I was there for the Denver game, I understand how crazy the fans were... but, is it having it's affect on the other team?

What was the home record again and how many .500 teams (or below) won there this season?

I went ahead and looked... KC was 4-4 at home. Losing to CAR, HOU, SD and NE. So, KC lost two home games to bad teams. (Bucs loss was at TB, Saints at NO) Denver did have their issues at home (6-2) and yes... the new stadium appears to have sucked the old magic from Mile High, but it's not like Arrowhead lived up to it's billing.

chiefs4me 01-10-2005 10:24 AM

Quote:

It's still alive,,we just don't show it to donkey lovers.ROFL

TEX 01-10-2005 10:25 AM

Quote:

I said no defense hurt the mystique and I said it's still one of the hardest places for Denver to win at. Now what didn't you understand?

This year it was bad. Last year it was good. I'm betting that if you took the overall CHIEFS winning % at ARROWHEAD and compared it around the league, it would still be one of the hardest places for opponents to win.

Mile High Mania 01-10-2005 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX
I said no defense hurt the mystique and I said it's still one of the hardest places for Denver to win at. Now what didn't you underfstand?

This year it was bad. Last year it was good. I'm betting that if you took the overall CHIEFS winning % at ARROWHEAD and compared it around the league, it would still be one of the hardest places for opponents to win.

Ok, so only scoring 17 to CAR and 21 to HOU at home was all on the defense? KC puts up 56 on ATL and 45 on Indy at home, but only 38 combined against the bad Panthers and Texans' defenses. It wasn't all just defense and you had Holmes healthy, so that's not an excuse.

KC only scored 20 @ the Saints, another defense they should have shredded and the KC defense only allowed 27.

TEX 01-10-2005 10:30 AM

Quote:

I went ahead and looked... KC was 4-4 at home. Losing to CAR, HOU, SD and NE. So, KC lost two home games to bad teams. (Bucs loss was at TB, Saints at NO) Denver did have their issues at home (6-2) and yes... the new stadium appears to have sucked the old magic from Mile High, but it's not like Arrowhead lived up to it's billing.

Now what about last year? And what's the overall Bronco winning % at Invesco? Mile High?

TEX 01-10-2005 10:33 AM

Quote:

Ok, so only scoring 17 to CAR and 21 to HOU at home was all on the defense? KC puts up 56 on ATL and 45 on Indy at home, but only 38 combined against the bad Panthers and Texans' defenses. It wasn't all just defense and you had Holmes healthy, so that's not an excuse.

KC only scored 20 @ the Saints, another defense they should have shredded and the KC defense only allowed 27.

Um you know the offense wasn't clicking. I don't make excuses when my team sucks - I leave that for your kind. The Defense let the team down for most of the year maybe not for those two losses but they sure played their part. Now Let's talk about our losses to New England and San Diego...

chiefs4me 01-10-2005 10:33 AM

Look how many boring azz donkey threads are on this chiefs board. Am I on the Planet or outerspace? And aren't you donkey fans lucky that we let you spill your crap on this board. Unlike the mane,,you even mention something neg about the donkey's and they cry to the mods and you are banned.