ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Possible Goners and the salary (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108546)

philfree 01-18-2005 01:16 PM

Another part of our Cap is Holmes. How much money we saved from him not achieving inncentives this season? It'd be nice to add a couple mil to our cap from Holmes being out for half the season.

PhilFree :arrow:

Mr. Laz 01-18-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxford
Morton's contract is interesting -- by my figures he has a cap hit of around 3 million dollars if he is released, but he has a salary of 3 million. So if released the Chiefs have 3 million more cash, but 3 million tied up in dead money, in essence a zero cap effect especially if a player under contract takes his place

so if we aren't saving any cap room by cutting morton ... should we?

i mean is he would "less than nothing"

i wouldn't think so, keep him, but bring in people who will hopefully push him out of the starting lineup.

bkkcoh 01-18-2005 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree
Another part of our Cap is Holmes. How much money we saved from him not achieving inncentives this season? It'd be nice to add a couple mil to our cap from Holmes being out for half the season.

It would all depend on whether or not the goals were considered common or not. It is my understanding that if the incentive is way out there and is met, it is NOT counted against the salary cap. But that is only if IIRC.

philfree 01-18-2005 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkkcoh
It would all depend on whether or not the goals were considered common or not. It is my understanding that if the incentive is way out there and is met, it is NOT counted against the salary cap. But that is only if IIRC.

I'm guessing but Holmes probably has a petty big incentive if rushes for over a 1000 yards. He also probably has an incentive if he leads the league in rushing and he probably has one for a certain number of TDs. If we could add a mil to our cap that be great.

Kris Kringle 01-18-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxford
Woods, Jerome S -- keep
Wesley, Greg SS -- keep
Stills, Gary DE -- keep
Sims, Ryan DT -- keep
Morton, Johnnie WR -- cut
McCleon, Dexter CB -- cut
Maslowski, Mike LB -- cut
Holliday, Vonnie DE -- cut
Hicks, Eric DE -- cut
Browning, John DT -- cut
Barber, Shawn LB -- cut
Bartee, William CB -- cut

That's my list. It's just that simple.

htismaqe 01-18-2005 03:41 PM

Screw Jerome Woods...cut him.

kc-nd 01-18-2005 04:00 PM

Your headline, did you say gooners or goners?

shaneo69 01-18-2005 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazarus
so if we aren't saving any cap room by cutting morton ... should we?

i mean is he would "less than nothing"

i wouldn't think so, keep him, but bring in people who will hopefully push him out of the starting lineup.

I think cutting him is more about his attitude and questionable "injuries" that he's unable to play through.

alanm 01-18-2005 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc-nd
Your headline, did you say gooners or goners?

Gomers :banghead::cuss:

RINGLEADER 01-18-2005 07:18 PM

What sucks is that Bartee and Hicks and anyone else who doesn't have a roster bonus coming is a lock to be on the roster next year.

RINGLEADER 01-18-2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Kringle
That's my list. It's just that simple.

Woods, Jerome S -- keep
Wesley, Greg SS -- keep
Stills, Gary DE -- keep
Sims, Ryan DT -- keep
Morton, Johnnie WR -- cut
McCleon, Dexter CB -- cut
Maslowski, Mike LB -- cut
Holliday, Vonnie DE -- cut
Hicks, Eric DE -- cut
Browning, John DT -- cut
Barber, Shawn LB -- cut
Bartee, William CB -- cut
I can't say that I disagree a whole lot with this - or with those who think Woods should get the axe as well. Also, where is Lionel Dalton in all of this? He's a definite keeper in my book, although he didn't seem quite as strong in the second half of the season (but who can blame him after going through the Broncos' conditioning program?)...

So that leaves us needing a new DE, a couple new LBs, a new starting CB, a new starting nickel CB, and possibly a new starting safety. Maybe Shanaurd Harts can take over, but he didn't do a whole lot to impress anyone during the second half of the season either.

Bowser 01-18-2005 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Screw Jerome Woods...cut him.

CASHMAN will have your ass if you keep talking that nonsense!

And yeah, I agree. Unless he played through some dibilitating injury all year that we had no idea about.

htismaqe 01-18-2005 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER
So that leaves us needing a new DE, a couple new LBs, a new starting CB, a new starting nickel CB, and possibly a new starting safety. Maybe Shanaurd Harts can take over, but he didn't do a whole lot to impress anyone during the second half of the season either.

Don't count out Willie Pile. IMO, he was better than Harts at times this season.

htismaqe 01-18-2005 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
CASHMAN will have your ass if you keep talking that nonsense!

And yeah, I agree. Unless he played through some dibilitating injury all year that we had no idea about.

That's funny, considering it's the VERY FIRST THING I thought of when I posted my response! :thumb:

nychief 01-18-2005 07:43 PM

I say cut Morton and sign Brett Parriman