ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Surtain and other FA news...(Athan - take it for what its worth) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113090)

whoman69 03-28-2005 07:01 PM

I'm kinda rooting for this to happen just to see bricks make a fool of himself.

Skip Towne 03-28-2005 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks
Ah fuck off Athan. You pile of sh*t. It's funny he mentions Sharper, when we have heard absolutely no interest from the Chiefs, or any other reliable sources reporting the Chiefs expressing interest in the outside linebacker.

I swear to you. If all this happened, I will personally attend 1 Arrowhead Dr with my Van and Chiefs gear. I will bring my specialized PA system along with my specialized stereo system. I will request an announcement to Chief fans, players, management,and employees. The request will involve myself announcing my happiness, praise towards the organization for an impressive off-season. I will personally strip in front of a live audience, on the front of my chest will show Chiefs symbol, on the back will read Bell/Knight/Surtain/Sharper/Hall. I will crank my stereo system to the Macarena, and do the Macarena!

That's how confident I am that this guy is full of sh*t!

I seriously doubt you get any interest in that spectacle.

bricks 03-28-2005 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I seriously doubt you get any interest in that spectacle.

Hmmmm, it seems like Whoaman69 will attend the show.

Phobia 03-28-2005 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69
I'm kinda rooting for this to happen just to see bricks make a fool of himself.

Haven't you seen any of his other posts?

Chiefnj 03-28-2005 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

The guy is a Ms. Cleo-type fraud. What's even funnier are the yahoo's over at Chiefs Coalition that think his word is gospel.

If there is a sociology or psychology major looking for an idea for a thesis, you can compare the different attitudes between chiefsplanet and chiefscoalition. Similar Chief fans, but completely different takes on the team.

jspchief 03-28-2005 09:08 PM

Poston is Law and Surtain's agent?

My prediction is we get neither. Poston has been the agent behind nearly every holdout the Chiefs have had under CP, including all the difficulties with getting our first round picks in camp. Poston and Peterson are like oil and water.

BigChiefFan 03-28-2005 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief

My prediction is we get neither. Poston has been the agent behind nearly every holdout the Chiefs have had under CP, including all the difficulties with getting our first round picks in camp. Poston and Peterson are like oil and water.

Thum handles most of the actual negotiations.

Chiefnj 03-28-2005 09:11 PM

Quote:

Not as far as I know. I think that is another example of WI being "right on" with their facts. Lots of recent articles said Gary Uberstine (sp?) was his agent.

Chiefnj 03-28-2005 09:13 PM

From an article a few weeks ago over at 810:

Kansas City has emerged as the leading suitor for cornerback Patrick Surtain, but a deal Sunday didn't seem imminent.

Chiefs President Carl Peterson told the Kansas City Star that he has spoken with Surtain's agent, Gary Uberstine, about a contract.

But a source said Sunday that the Dolphins haven't recently spoken with Peterson about a trade, indicating contract parameters must be agreed upon first.

"It's in the hands of Miami," Peterson said. "They're looking for a draft choice. And it's also in the hands of the agent, who's looking for a big contract. We've talked, but the number is too big.

"If it gets reasonable, then fine. The first part is do the dollars make sense? Now they're a little high."

jspchief 03-28-2005 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan
Thum handles most of the actual negotiations.

Which doesn't change the fact that Poston and the Chiefs always struggle to reach an agreement...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
Not as far as I know. I think that is another example of WI being "right on" with their facts. Lots of recent articles said Gary Uberstine (sp?) was his agent.

Thats good news. I knew Poston was Law's agent, but hadn't heard who Surtain's was.

BigChiefFan 03-28-2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

Which doesn't change the fact that Poston and the Chiefs always struggle to reach an agreement...

Thats good news. I knew Poston was Law's agent, but hadn't heard who Surtain's was.

Poston's tiff was directly with Carl during the Tait negotiations. That's why I mentioned Thum. Besides that, I don't believe Poston is Surtain's agent anyway.

philfree 03-28-2005 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan
Poston's tiff was directly with Carl during the Tait negotiations. That's why I mentioned Thum. Besides that, I don't believe Poston is Surtain's agent anyway.

I thought Tait's agent was Ethan Locke.

PhilFree :arrow:

Wile_E_Coyote 03-28-2005 10:35 PM

that must leave Sims with Engledork