ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   WR thoughts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115808)

Mile High Mania 05-05-2005 01:55 PM

Morton's problem is he doesn't have a QB the caliber of Batch, Gus or Mitchell throwing him the ball. Honestly, I think Morton's problem is that he is a #2 guy and he needs a #1 guy to consistently be there to produce. Morton can't be "the man" and I think KC brought him here to be "the man" and he's never found his role.

Deberg_1990 05-05-2005 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush
I seem to remember DA getting a lot of his yards in "garbage time". I think his stats were better than his overall performance. He was never consistent.

I think DA lives around here still. I've seen him at the Best Buy around 119th and Metcalf a couple of times in the past few years.

DA in all honestly was probably as talented a WR as we have had in KC in 20 years. Dude had talent to spare and at times was a "breakaway" threat. He could just never seem to put his head 100% into the game and alot of his stats were picked up in garbage time as you mentioned above. DV cut him because he was too lazy to practice and only played when DA wanted to play. Its too bad really, because he was a pure talent.

Deberg_1990 05-05-2005 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
Morton's problem is he doesn't have a QB the caliber of Batch, Gus or Mitchell throwing him the ball. Honestly, I think Morton's problem is that he is a #2 guy and he needs a #1 guy to consistently be there to produce. Morton can't be "the man" and I think KC brought him here to be "the man" and he's never found his role.

Good points, hes a decent #2 guy and the expectations for him when he signed here were a little much for what he truly is.

whoman69 05-05-2005 07:53 PM

Morton was great as 2nd banana in Detroit. He got the big money to come here and be the #1. Problem is he does not have the speed to be anything more than a possession receiver and he doesn't have the hands to be that. He was greatly aided by turf in Detroit.
Boe dropped everything thrown his way in his last healthy season after all he did in his rookie year was catch touchdowns. Hopefully his legs are back because he could be the starter on this team and is solid on ST.
Its a forgone conclusion that Morton is gone this June 1. If we have enough talent to get rid of Kennison as well, one of the oldest offenses in the league suddenly got alot younger.

Chiefnj 05-05-2005 08:09 PM

Who is going to step up every week and replace Morton if he is cut on 6/1?

stevieray 05-05-2005 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj

Bo or Parker. Trent has said the bo looks solid(corrective eye surgery also) and Parker stepped up towards the end of the year.

keg in kc 05-05-2005 08:18 PM

Someone who can step up every week wouldn't just be replacing Morton, he'd be an incredible upgrade.

the Talking Can 05-05-2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj

most any heterosexual will do....