ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Boerigter having strong training camp (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120853)

go bo 08-04-2005 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
I do hope this is true, but I really expected him to be shown as an overachiever who didn't have the athletic talent to make up for the injury.

IMO, his biggest Loss to the team wasn't recieving the ball....it was Gunning on Punts where he was sorely missed.

and he's back practicing with the first team coverage unit, according to one of the articles posted here lately...

i think bo has an advantage in the wr roster hunt because of his strong special teams play...

at least i hope so... :) :) :)

starsbabystars 08-04-2005 06:35 PM

Delt, you freaking loser, you think I don't know what you did 5 seconds after you did it...I don't give a crap, just unlock my pm's..do you hear me, unlock my freaking pm's...

htismaqe 08-04-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
not true, or not a problem?

i've heard him say that the vision thing didn't affect his play several times...

and i've also read quite a few times that he did have some sort of corrective eye surgery or something (but, again, he said at the time that the vision thing was never a problem for him and was no excuse for his sophmore performance)...

There wasn't any real context or concreteness to it.

The host said something about the eyes, and Bo said something to the effect of "oh, that eye thing was bogus."

Donger 08-06-2005 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starsbabystars
Delt, you freaking loser, you think I don't know what you did 5 seconds after you did it...I don't give a crap, just unlock my pm's..do you hear me, unlock my freaking pm's...

ROFL

philfree 08-06-2005 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Bo's hands were fine his first year here. His second year he had an eye problem, which led to all the drops. That's been corrected.

All the drops? The reason Bo's numbers were down that year was because Dante played the #3 WR position for the most part and the ball was being thrown to him instead of Bo. I look for Bo to make the team and he'll be the lone WR when we go to our 3 TE set. He's an excellent blocker and a decent big play threat in the passing game. We'll have 3 TEs on the field and a 220 pound WR to all block for Homes or LJ and teams will have to have their run D on the field. Of course will shift from a running formation into a spread with Gonzo, Wilson and Bo and we'll have mismatches galore.

PhilFree:arrow:

yoswif 08-06-2005 02:15 PM

Gonzo, Wilson, and Bo in the red zone will be tough to stop. That and special teams should make Bo a game day regular as 3rd or 4th WR. Good special teams play along with 30 catches and 5 TDs would hardly surprise if he's anywhere close to pre injury form.

Pitt Gorilla 08-06-2005 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Bo's hands were fine his first year here. His second year he had an eye problem, which led to all the drops. That's been corrected.

I'm guessing you have proof for such a statement.

Chieficus 08-06-2005 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla
I'm guessing you have proof for such a statement.

That was actually the word talked about quite a bit from the talking heads at TC last year. Of course, htismaqe said up on post 9 hearing that Bo debunked it...

Bowser 08-06-2005 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Until he can practice all the time, he's not having a strong camp.

He's having a strong HALF of camp.

Which means he is light years ahead of Freddie Mitchell at this point.

Fred-Ex better get it together, or Boerigter will push him out of the starting lineup, and John Booth will push him off the team.

Mr. Laz 08-06-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
There wasn't any real context or concreteness to it.

The host said something about the eyes, and Bo said something to the effect of "oh, that eye thing was bogus."

if it was so bogus then why the surgery?

sounds like Bo is just trying to not sound like he's making excuses to me.

imo a professional athlete doesn't risk his entire career by have lasik surgery unless there's a real issue.

Chieficus 08-06-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
if it was so bogus then why the surgery?

sounds like Bo is just trying to not sound like he's making excuses to me.

imo a professional athlete doesn't risk his entire career by have lasik surgery unless there's a real issue.

Did he actually have surgery for it? I thought it was just a thing where they had him wear a contact in one eye, or something like that. Of course, it's been a while...

Mr. Laz 08-06-2005 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieficus
Did he actually have surgery for it? I thought it was just a thing where they had him wear a contact in one eye, or something like that. Of course, it's been a while...

hmmm ... well i thought he had lazik's surgery to reduce a double vision issue.

i'm not positive though

Chieficus 08-06-2005 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
hmmm ... well i thought he had lazik's surgery to reduce a double vision issue.

i'm not positive though

Only thing I've found is this:

http://examiner.net/stories/061504/chi_061504002.shtml

Quote:

Story last updated at 11:20 a.m. Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Chiefs receiver looks to rebound

Chiefs' Boerigter not using vision problem as excuse for off year

By Rick Dean
Morris News Service

Marc Boerigter doesn't offer any excuses, and it bothers him that people are trying to find one for the sophomore slump he battled during his second NFL season with the Kansas City Chiefs last year.

Yes, Boerigter admits, it's true that he has a slight vision problem in his right eye. And yes, he will wear one corrective contact lens this season in an attempt to address the situation.

But no, he insists, there's no way he can attribute his dramatic drop-off in production last year or his maddening struggle to catch the ball to something as simple as vision-related depth perception.

"I've always had one eye that wasn't as strong as the other, so this is nothing new," said Boerigter, who wore glasses until abandoning them in college. "It's something we'll try to address, but to say that's the source of the problem, I don't think any of us know.

"But right now, I'll try anything to get this corrected."

"This" refers to Boerigter's decline from an impact-making 20-catch, eight-touchdown season in his 2002 rookie campaign to a mere 11-catch, no-score second year that was a big disappointment to Boerigter and his growing legion of fans.

A small-town kid from Hastings, Neb., who starred on the NAIA level at tiny Hastings College, Boerigter spent two productive years in the Canadian Football League before becoming the feel-good story of 2002.

But when he had almost as many drops as catches in '03, the Chiefs popular No. 4 receiver and special teams standout went searching for an explanation.

The one he found involves a lack of proper focus and concentration on an incoming pass more than his ability to see it. His proposed solution involves catching extra balls in practice and paying extra attention to detail. The simple use of a corrective lens is merely incidental.

"(Vision) obviously can be a factor, but I don't think it's the factor," Boerigter said. "I'll spend the offseason working with the one lens and see if it helps."

go bo 08-06-2005 04:54 PM

i wonder if he's wearing the one lens in practice...

Hammock Parties 04-04-2009 08:33 PM

Oh hell yes.