ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Three Words: (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=12320)

Bob Dole 09-10-2000 02:51 PM

Elvis' QB rating was 98.12 today and would have been over 100 last week had the receivers not had hands of stone.

Elvis is playing much better than "average" thus far.

Bob Dole 09-10-2000 02:53 PM

Go ahead and take Ache-man, HC. You might get one or two more games out of him before he slips into that concussion induced coma.

In Troy's prime, Bob Dole would agree. Today...not a chance.

(Favre is a big question mark, too.)

Raiderhater 09-10-2000 02:55 PM

Mark, while you have a point I think that it is still obvious that EG is just an average QB. Look at the decisions he makes. His passing isn't great; he just has talented receivers. Good QBs keep you in the game; great ones will find a way to win the games.

------------------
WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING!

Dr. Red 09-10-2000 03:04 PM

Grbac is a better QB than gannon. Gannon won the game today with what. It definitely wasn't his fucking arm. The raiders will have one or two wins cause of gannans feet. His arm is why they'll be 8-8.

ck_IN 09-10-2000 03:05 PM

Your QB can't win the game when your OC refuses to let him. When given the chance, EG played very well. Offhand I can only think of one bad pass.

If Raye/Gun lets EG play we probably win this game.

HC_Chief 09-10-2000 03:06 PM

WHO CARES!?!?! Elvis Grbac is an AVERAGE QB. That is NOT the point... the point is, our system SUCKS. Elvis is an integral part of that system -- he is an average at best QB whose sole purpose is Not to lose/Not to make mistakes. If we are going to resolve this, it's going to take flushing ALL of the crap associated with this system -- that includes coaches, GM, CEO/President, apathetic owner, RBbC/average(at best) HBs, and QB. We need a fresh start IMO.

Dr. Red 09-10-2000 03:07 PM

This is your list? It's pathetic.

Peyton Manning, Brad Johnson, Brett Favre, Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, Troy Aikman, Mark Brunnel, Drew Bledsoe, Chris Chandler, Doug Flutie

Grbac is playing better than all but 4 of those QB's right now. If you can't see the forest through the trees that's not my problem that you have no logic. Manning, Warner, Gannon(at the moment) and brunnell are playing better than grbac right now.

That's it. Don't let your emotions make you sound like a dumba$$.

Chieficus 09-10-2000 03:08 PM

The wideouts and Tony G are part of that system too... should we get rid of them too?

kcred 09-10-2000 03:23 PM

I agree with the list, but am not putting Gannon on it, Oakland had 3 turnovers in Colt territory, and then again, they can call some plays. On two of his TDs, I could have scored. Our problem is the coaching, we can not game plan. We run the ball, when everyone knows that is what we are going to do. Our D played commendable today, and so did EG, when allowed to play, our ST still suck, and besides Stoyos miss, how about that 14 yard return, with 6 red jersies standing around it. Stills was right next to him. Absolutely incredible.

Clint in Wichita 09-10-2000 03:25 PM

IMO, the Chiefs have serious problems in all facets of the game. It's time to rebuild.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

gh4chiefs 09-10-2000 03:26 PM

No truer words were ever spoken HC!

------------------
Gary

HC_Chief 09-10-2000 03:29 PM

Red - don't be a prick. Grbac is average at best. You wanna sit around thinking he's better than he's proven himself to be, fine... but do NOT call someone names for not buying your BS. Truth of the matter is, ANY of those QBs on a BAD day, can still perform at the same level as Grbac on his best day.

chieficus - if trading Tony G is necessary to build a better team; i.e., draft & develop a franchise QB & RB, then absolutely! As a matter of fact, I'd trade away any of our WRs other than Morris as well. I am in full-on rebuild mode now.

DaWolf 09-10-2000 03:30 PM

If you watched the Raider game today, and I had to while I listened to the Chiefs on the net, their playcalling was WAY better than the Chiefs. They set everything up. They have guys thinking a series or two ahead. When Tyrone Wheatley's 3rd and 1 run gets stuffed on the previous play, they come back with the exact same play the next series on 3rd and 1, and instead of handing rhe ball off get Gannon to run the bootleg and take it in. That looked a lot like the Steve Bono play a few years back. But they threw, they ran, they kept the Colts off balance, they made adjustments at halftime, and they won. Heck they went ahead by 2 TD's. They came out there and tried to score. Our coaches? We go out there trying to prevent the other team from scoring as a bigger priority than putting points up ourselves. We're just trying to stay in the game until the 4th quarter. That is bad coaching...

[This message has been edited by DaWolf (edited 09-10-2000).]

HC_Chief 09-10-2000 03:34 PM

DaWolf - agreed. How did you like our 'draw to Kimble' play(s) on 3rd & 10+?! WTF is that going to do? We gained maybe FOUR yards on all of those plays combined. It's like we're giving up on the drive and hoping the draw/run up the gut will gain us another yard or two for our punting crew. It's like we're playing a field position game, rather than a SCORE A fuckING TD game. Pathetic

DaWolf 09-10-2000 03:36 PM

HC,
I disagree with the rebuilding stuff. I think we proved the last two weeks we have the talent to hang with a couple of the best teams in the league. But we have also proved that we do not have the coaching to do so. I don't think rebuilding is a necessity. There are a few pieces which must be added, but he coaching staff and the philosophy of the team is something that must be changed.

And under no circumstances do you get rid of Gonzalez. You have to try and get him the ball more, not get rid of him...

[This message has been edited by DaWolf (edited 09-10-2000).]