ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Who on this board still believe Chiefs will make the playoffs this year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=127942)

kcjayhawks5 11-01-2005 02:48 PM

truthfully? there is no way this team makes the playoffs. How could they? Wildcard? no way man. It hurts to say it, but this team just does not play good against good teams and i know that the rest of our schedule is pretty cupcake but the players will realize that and go out with a "Oh this team is no good we will kill them" attitude and the chiefs will probably lose to some teams that they should beat. So again i say no playoffs for the 2005 KC Chiefs. there is always next year.

Dartgod 11-01-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Area 51
No Chiefs fan in their right mind would rule it out at this point in th season. We are 4-3, not great but by far not out of the race.

Not me. I've given up hope and cashed in my season tickets. Maybe next year...

HemiEd 11-01-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funk monkey
The chiefs could have definately gone 7 and 2... we should have beaten those chargers last week if we used Gonzalez as much as we did the second half and if we didnt let that last easy touchdown... we definately have the defense this year because of the good draft, despite some minor cornerback weaknesses, and there could be some more improvment in the offensive line besides the AMAZING Jared Allan, who by the way basically won us that raiders game against the amazing randy moss, and willie roalf who is just now starting to play to his full potential because of the recent injury. Green didnt even have any time to make a play because of how poorly our line played in the first half.(by the way, Trent played really well even though his father recently died, i think he finally got over it around the second half when we made our almost comeback) WE should be at least 7 and 2.

Welcome to the planet, nice post.

chiefsfan1963 11-01-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Area 51
Think about what I said.

That being said, I do believe I'm in my right mind and I am a Chiefs fan.

You can be a Chiefs fan and not believe Chiefs are going to the playoffs this year. I know they have a chance so do all the teams in the league that's not my question. Do you believe they will be in the playoffs this year? Yes or no.

chagrin 11-01-2005 02:51 PM

We've lost as many "in division" games as we can take. Any more and we will not make it. I still have us going 10-6, no problem

Mr. Laz 11-01-2005 02:52 PM

maybe ... but it's difficult to make it if your the 3rd best team in your own division.

and they lost to the chargers and dungvar

we MUST beat both at home or we will prolly be sitting at home come playoff time.

chiefsfan1963 11-01-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcjayhawks5
truthfully? there is no way this team makes the playoffs. How could they? Wildcard? no way man. It hurts to say it, but this team just does not play good against good teams and i know that the rest of our schedule is pretty cupcake but the players will realize that and go out with a "Oh this team is no good we will kill them" attitude and the chiefs will probably lose to some teams that they should beat. So again i say no playoffs for the 2005 KC Chiefs. there is always next year.

thanks for being honest. a lot of folks have hard time answering this question because in their mind it may diminish their status as a Chiefs fan.

Warrior5 11-01-2005 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funk monkey
The chiefs could have definately gone 7 and 2... we should have beaten those chargers last week if we used Gonzalez as much as we did the second half and if we didnt let that last easy touchdown... we definately have the defense this year because of the good draft, despite some minor cornerback weaknesses, and there could be some more improvment in the offensive line besides the AMAZING Jared Allan, who by the way basically won us that raiders game against the amazing randy moss, and willie roalf who is just now starting to play to his full potential because of the recent injury. Green didnt even have any time to make a play because of how poorly our line played in the first half.(by the way, Trent played really well even though his father recently died, i think he finally got over it around the second half when we made our almost comeback) WE should be at least 7 and 2.

uh...should I even try?

TRing 11-01-2005 02:56 PM

Yes. Chalk me up as a believer!

ChiefsGirl 11-01-2005 02:56 PM

I for one, believe this team will make the playoffs. Whether they do anything when they get there is a different story.

chiefsfan1963 11-01-2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
maybe ... but it's difficult to make it if your the 3rd best team in your own division.

and they lost to the chargers and dungvar

we MUST beat both at home or we will prolly be sitting at home come playoff time.

Translation: Laz is not a believer that the Chiefs will be playing in the post season this year. Let me know if I have correctly understood you.

Red Dawg 11-01-2005 02:57 PM

I will rule it out. We will not make it.

Ebolapox 11-01-2005 02:58 PM

I believe--however, deep into the playoffs is questionable

-EB-...highly questionable

shakesthecat 11-01-2005 03:01 PM

Sure, why not.

Mr. Laz 11-01-2005 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan1963
Translation: Laz is not a believer that the Chiefs will be playing in the post season this year. Let me know if I have correctly understood you.

not unless we improve...

but it's possible, if our offense gets it's crap together and takes some of the pressure off our defense.

i this point you can't really say with any conviction YES or NO

this team is a big fat MAYBE