ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Dalton released from jail (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=129711)

Phobia 11-25-2005 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
The police pretty much don't take a person in unless the physical assault is not in doubt.

Yeah. Heh heh. Right. That's an awfully myopic viewpoint.

BigMeatballDave 11-25-2005 09:12 PM

Quote:

Great another woman beater on the Chiefs, I am not so sure the charachter of this team is any better than it was under Marty or Gun.

Eh, speculation. You're a fan of the constitution, right?

Katipan 11-25-2005 09:12 PM

I could probably get my husband thrown in jail if he even yelled at me a little too loud.

Logical 11-25-2005 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave
Eh, speculation. You're a fan of the constitution, right?

Actually I truly find myself viewing everything under the light of guilty until innocence is proven. That is my background. One judge was actually shocked I felt that way but disqualified me for jury duty after I convinced him. It is just my background and experience working with the police and having them as relatives. The criminals already have the advantage that all a defender has to do is create reasonable doubt.

BigMeatballDave 11-25-2005 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mer
I'm sorry. :p I was still all Grrr.

I have long hair. Guys pull my hair every chance they get.

I've never bothered to ask why :p

My son's Mom REALLY likes her hair pulled...

Dartgod 11-25-2005 09:19 PM

Quote:

The police pretty much don't take a person in unless the physical assault is not in doubt. This does not mean the prosecutor will obtain a conviction. I understand the difference. OJ was found not guilty as well as you know.

Wrong. The man is pretty much always going straight to jail if a complaint is filed, regardless of the lack of physical evidence.

Logical 11-25-2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Wrong. The man is pretty much always going straight to jail if a complaint is filed, regardless of the lack of physical evidence.

You may indeed be correct, society and everything have changed so much since the 70s when I worked computers for the Police Department and all my law enforcement relatives retired by the early 90s. I was speaking based on my experience and that is admittedly out of date.

thepascalblaze 11-25-2005 09:29 PM

This stuff is always near impossible to speak intelligently about unless you were there. I don't know what happened. Were there witnesses? What are there stories?.. legal proof?.. easy money?.. bad temper?.. a-hole woman beater?.. dejected ex wantin' a piece o' da' bank?..
How many ways can you say "Call it in the air!"

Skip Towne 11-25-2005 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Yeah. Heh heh. Right. That's an awfully myopic viewpoint.

Vlad's eperiences are all from the 60's. It was true then, it's not now.

Phobia 11-25-2005 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Vlad's eperiences are all from the 60's. It was true then, it's not now.

My experiences are from 1997. They'll haul you away for looking at your significant other strangely. I quickly learned that they won't take whomever made the call so I started calling before her. After her second trip she moved her shit out of my house.

unlurking 11-25-2005 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod

Yep, although I like the law in Denver (changed about 10 years ago I think). If domestic distrurbance is called in, BOTH PARTIES go to jail for the night. Provides incentive to not accuse falsely, and separates any combatants for the evening.

Plus, there's nothing more gratifying then getting a call from your M-I-L at 2AM asking to be bailed out of jail! Anytime I hear any shit, I always bring up my trump card.
:p

sedated 11-25-2005 10:39 PM

arrested for grabbing her hair and pulling her down?!

glad the cops weren't there the last time I fucked my girlfriend.

Extra Point 11-25-2005 10:47 PM

Didn't Dalton get into some shit a couple years ago, along these same lines?