ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   If Chief Fans were picking a President.... Post your pick now. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=13178)

Phobia 10-05-2000 11:28 AM

Busch Light

Gaz 10-05-2000 11:28 AM

I am a Libertarian, but there is no way a Libertarian gets the office. So I am stuck with Gore or Bush. I don’t like either. But the decision is simple: I cannot abide the thought of Gore picking Supreme Court Justices. I want my Court conservative. Rule strictly by the Constitution. I hate to see the Judicial system legislating from the bench.

Therefore, with sadness in my heart, a tear in my eye and a bad odor in my nose, I will cast my vote for Bush.

xoxo~
gaz
thoroughly disgusted with the current state of the electoral process.<BR>

Oregon Chief Fan 10-05-2000 11:36 AM

Late breaking poll news... it appears that in early results from a Chiefs poll that...

George W. Bush is leading the polls by a very controversial amount when compared to most media polls that indicate AlGore leading. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Bush 9... possibly 10 if you count the vote for Busch Lite... please clarify that vote and we will make it 10 for sure.

Gore 3

Let's continue to rock the vote here on the Chiefs Planet!<P>

Cannibal 10-05-2000 11:39 AM

Lesser of two evils...

Al Gore. At least he has half a brain.

Bush's dome is totally empty IMO.

BIG_DADDY 10-05-2000 11:40 AM

Fan-Tx,
No, I would much rather have us lose our guns, our freedoms and have another complete loser in the white house. That in mind, I will choose the lesser of two evils. George Bush.

BIG DADDY - wishing we had some different choices.<BR>

BIG_DADDY 10-05-2000 11:42 AM

Oregon Chief,
What part of Oregon are you from?. Don't remember too many Republicans in Oregon.

mlyonsd 10-05-2000 11:57 AM

gaz, that must have hurt.

I hate the 2 party system. Partisanship overrides sense of duty. With that being said I lean towards the conservative side and am partially responsible for the last 8 years as I voted for Perot in 92'.

I won't make that mistake again. So, I will vote for Bush.

One last thing, since the 2 party system is here to stay I wish the issue of term limits would be raised again. Many republicans elected to congress in 94 were elected because they supported term limits, only to table the issue once they gained control.

I don't trust any of them.

BigOlChiefsfan 10-05-2000 11:57 AM

Another Libertarian here, but every time I vote for 'em a Democrat sneaks into office. So this time I'm voting for G-Dub.

Oregon Chief Fan 10-05-2000 12:00 PM

I am from Hillsboro (a suburb of Portland). You might be surprised how many of us there are. We just aren't talked about as much in the media. Kinda like the Chiefs not getting any publicity because it is not glamorous.

Example: Do you report about people that are generally conservative and don't create exciting news headlines or do you report about the protesters at the WHO rallies. Everyone imagines a bunch of "tree huggers" (no offense meant if you love trees) here in Oregon, because we have a lot of trees . Well, it may surprise a lot of people to know but there are a lot of large companies here in Oregon. (Nike and Intel, and many other Tech comapnies are very big where I live)

Bush and company have been here a lot trying to get the vote!

Anyhow, the tally is now

Bush 12-13 (need to see if Busch Light vote is really for GW)

Gore 4

Where are you from?

[This message has been edited by Oregon Chief Fan (edited 10-05-2000).]

Oregon Chief Fan 10-05-2000 12:09 PM

Question?

What are the main differences between a Libertarian and a Republican? This is not a joke, I just have never heard that much about this party. Imagine that.

It seems that most who are Libertarian choose Bush instead of AlGore. Is Ralph Nader the Libertarian candidate?

Help an uninformed citizen. (Here is your chance to talk for your party.)

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2000 12:11 PM

There are things that I like and dislike about both canidates, but my policital views are closer to the Libertarian view than the 2 major parties. The paradox with George Bush is that he wants to "Empower" the individual except in the area of abortion, whereas he wants the government to decide what a woman can and cannot do with her body. For that reason alone, I must (unenthusiastically) vote for Al Gore.

mlyonsd 10-05-2000 12:18 PM

Dane,

That is true, Bush does feel that abortion does kill innocent children, that's a normal conservative view.

Gore at one time was against abortion but has turned into a killer of innocent children, which, is one more reason I can't vote for him.

TEX 10-05-2000 12:20 PM

People,
this is just a simple vote thread. Just say Gore or Bush - it's that simple. It will save a lot of time.

BIG_DADDY 10-05-2000 12:27 PM

Oregon Chief,

Actually I was speaking from experience since I was raised in Medford. Just happy to see more conservatives in Oregon.<BR>

DiscoJones 10-05-2000 12:27 PM

Bush just likes to kill people after they're grown up, as opposed to before they are even born. Cheney is a joke. He couldn't get the job done in Irag or Yugoslavia under "daddy" and I don't think he's learned from it. Same old, same old.

candidate: Nader

Non-candidate: Ventura

If I had to pick between one of the two major yahoos, I would pick Bush because I think that he will screw things up worse (start taking more individual rights) than Gore and maybe people will start to see how full of bunk this two party system is. The tax issue is moot. Niether one will be able to do anything with it.<BR>