ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   If DV and AS go and we bring in a Def HC, do we keep our offensive system? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132259)

Mr. Laz 12-27-2005 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I got a call from a woman the other day, she said "come over, nobody's home". So I went over and nobody was home.

buh dum tish

I've been in love with the same woman for 49 years. If my wife every finds out, she'll kill me!

Take my wife, please!

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...y_youngman.jpg

Eleazar 12-27-2005 01:58 PM

I said, doctor, every morning when I get up and look in the mirror I feel like throwing up. What's wrong with me?

He said, I don't know but your eyesight is perfect.

Mr. Laz 12-27-2005 02:06 PM

A doctor gave a man six months to live.

The man couldn't pay his bill, so he gave him another six months.

Hoover 12-27-2005 02:12 PM

I just love how everyone thinks that the second DV and Saunders Leave we will not know how to do anything on offense.

How effin hard is it to call LJ's number 31 times a game? How effin hard is it to call a little play action pass to keep the opposing D Honest? How effin hard is it to throw the effin ball to Tony G?

I'm not worried about the offense, I'm more worried about keeping the Oline together for one more year.

Hoover 12-27-2005 02:13 PM

If we were to get Williams, I wouldn't mind Shea getting a look.

tk13 12-27-2005 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
I just love how everyone thinks that the second DV and Saunders Leave we will not know how to do anything on offense.

How effin hard is it to call LJ's number 31 times a game? How effin hard is it to call a little play action pass to keep the opposing D Honest? How effin hard is it to throw the effin ball to Tony G?

I'm not worried about the offense, I'm more worried about keeping the Oline together for one more year.

I think people are worried about losing the aggressiveness we have. Al is about as aggressive as you can get offensively. I'm talking about stuff like going for it on 4th down, passing from your own endzone, etc. Plus Al keeps us pretty balanced offensively. There's just nowhere to go from #1 but down.

Actually, I think Al might be more aggressive if he didn't have DV sitting there to check him off sometimes...

jAZ 12-27-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Actually, I think Al might be more aggressive if he didn't have DV sitting there to check him off sometimes...

He'll fit in nicely in St. Louis.

htismaqe 12-27-2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I think people are worried about losing the aggressiveness we have. Al is about as aggressive as you can get offensively. I'm talking about stuff like going for it on 4th down, passing from your own endzone, etc. Plus Al keeps us pretty balanced offensively. There's just nowhere to go from #1 but down.

I could realistically see Al ignoring the fact that LJ is our best offensive weapon and going to 5-WR ala Martz...

Trent doesn't need to get pounded 10 times a game...

Sam 12-27-2005 03:47 PM

I know he's not ready to retire for another couple of years, but how do you think Trent Green would do as an OC?

Color Red 12-29-2005 08:45 AM

My regrets about the thought of losing Saunders, and any of the unsettling nature of a potential change in Head Coach is, introducing a new system with several blue chip offensive performers near the end of their careers (Green, Roaf).

jspchief 12-29-2005 09:04 AM

We don't need to worry about changing our running game. We already have this year to accomodate LJ. We switched from the zone blocking scheme that worked so well for Holmes to a conventional blocking scheme that creates set lanes/holes. There's nothing special about our current run game.

As for passing, I think it could actually benefit from some changes. It doesn't seem like all of our ridiculous shifting confuses anyone anymore. We still make plays because we give Trent a lot of time. There are of lot of pass plays that Saunders refuses to run, that I would like to see implemented.

Moreover, we have 8 pro-bowlers on this offense. It would take a real moron to screw this up.

milkman 12-29-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
We don't need to worry about changing our running game. We already have this year to accomodate LJ. We switched from the zone blocking scheme that worked so well for Holmes to a conventional blocking scheme that creates set lanes/holes. There's nothing special about our current run game.

As for passing, I think it could actually benefit from some changes. It doesn't seem like all of our ridiculous shifting confuses anyone anymore. We still make plays because we give Trent a lot of time. There are of lot of pass plays that Saunders refuses to run, that I would like to see implemented.

Moreover, we have 8 pro-bowlers on this offense. It would take a real moron to screw this up.

And I have every confidence that Carl is more than capable of finding that real moron.