ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Peterson interview on Metro Sports (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132602)

Bwana 01-01-2006 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan1963
People will be beside themselves next year watching the decline of our O if AS is no longer a Chief.

Just as our D has turned a corner and getting better we pull the plug on the direction of our O. Thanks Carl!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

DTLB58 01-01-2006 04:17 PM

[QUOTE=tomahawk kid]I've got it on pretty good authority that Willie wants to play 1-2 more seasons.
QUOTE]

Yea, Like from the interview he did this past week that all of us read also. :rolleyes:

dirk digler 01-01-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
If there isn't a press conference by Wed or Thu, I'll start to get nervous that our next head coach could be Wade Phillips, Dick Jauron, or Dom Capers... :banghead:

Yep. I could honestly see Dom Capers being here.

B_Ambuehl 01-01-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Hell, Trent Green could probably call all the plays himself.
That's very true. Yet, calling the plays out of a Jimmy Raye or Marty playbook is a lot different then calling them out of an Al Saunders playbook. :)

Skip Towne 01-01-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid
I've got it on pretty good authority that Willie wants to play 1-2 more seasons.

I wouldn't worry about him leaving a whole lot.....

You got a premium membership?

chiefsfan1963 01-01-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
It's not going overboard.

Al Saunders IS special. Without a doubt.

But suggesting that our offense will fall apart without him? THAT is "going overboard".

I hope you don't get that chance to see our O decline next year b/c AS becomes our next HC. I will say DV is special and like Martz, AS will find out pretty quickly how big those shoes are that he has to fill!!!!!!!!!!

Hoover 01-01-2006 04:23 PM

The main thing I was is Solari (sp?) to stay here.

The offense is all about Oline play IMO

tomahawk kid 01-01-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
You got a premium membership?

:)

FringeNC 01-01-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
The main thing I was is Solari (sp?) to stay here.

The offense is all about Oline play IMO

Marty had great O-line play for many years....it's necessary, but not sufficient.

tomahawk kid 01-01-2006 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=DTLB58]
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid
I've got it on pretty good authority that Willie wants to play 1-2 more seasons.
QUOTE]

Yea, Like from the interview he did this past week that all of us read also. :rolleyes:

Um....okay....thanks.

Mr. Laz 01-01-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
We've known for a long time that Carl wouldn't offer Saunders the position.

He wants a defensive coach.

i don't think the "defensive coach" part has much, if anything, to do with it.

htismaqe 01-01-2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan1963
I hope you don't get that chance to see our O decline next year b/c AS becomes our next HC. I will say DV is special and like Martz, AS will find out pretty quickly how big those shoes are that he has to fill!!!!!!!!!!

Saunders will get to find out somewhere other than KC, so I could really care less.

It doesn't matter at all that the offense isn't going to just collapse without Vermeil or Saunders, because you'll find some other reason to bombard us with your idiotic shit.

htismaqe 01-01-2006 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i don't think the "defensive coach" part has much, if anything, to do with it.

Explain.

HIChief 01-01-2006 05:01 PM

bittersweet

If you don't want to see a drop off in offensive production next year, and a loss of several more key veterans i.e. Roaf and/or Shields, the best choice for the new HC IS Saunders. Gun can take care of the defense. If we see anyone else come in, prepare for a rebuilding season or two.

Frankie 01-02-2006 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Would people shut the **** up about Saunders already?

When Roaf went down Saunders offense looked average most of the time.

We're not going to scrap this offense in the offseason. All of the key components are returning.

LJ and Samie Parker are only going to get better.

Hell, Trent Green could probably call all the plays himself.

It's been mentioned before, but it's worth repeating: When Roaf went down our top ranked offense went down to #10. OMG, the sky fell!! 22 other teams would love to have the #10 offense. AS and DV had an offense that at it's worst condition was #10. Give the man some credit.
:rolleyes: