ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Why not Saunders? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132694)

Frazod 01-02-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
you haven't seen proof because neither Carl nor Al is gonna come out and just say "i don't like him"

but there have been hints and rumors for most of Al's time here.

Al is vocal ... Carl likes "yes" men

Al and Dick didn't particularly want larry Johnson ... carl's pick

Al isn't republican(and still vocal) and didn't play along with the George Bush training camp visit ...... Dick,Carl,lamar are all staunchly republican.

Well, being a republican is a very important qualification for a HC.... :rolleyes:

Mr. Laz 01-02-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Well, being a republican is a very important qualification for a HC.... :rolleyes:

i agree ... keep the politics out of the office, nothing good can come from it.

but apparently the bad political blood festers like a huge DC forum between Carl and Al ..... and it ain't going away soon.

hopefully they can sit down and agree to disagree and get beyond it.

Skip Towne 01-02-2006 12:59 PM

AS is looking better and better as the HC's continue to fall. We might even be able to find a decent DC.

Frazod 01-02-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i agree ... keep the politics out of the office, nothing good can come from it.

but apparently the bad political blood festers like a huge DC forum between Carl and Al ..... and it ain't going away soon.

hopefully they can sit down and agree to disagree and get beyond it.

I doubt it. Carl and his Giant Ego will probably send Al packing.

DTLB58 01-02-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
AS is looking better and better as the HC's continue to fall. We might even be able to find a decent DC.

Well then, How about Dom Capers as new D coordinator? He was a hot coach with that 3-4 Zone blitz system in the 90's.

DTLB58 01-02-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
you haven't seen proof because neither Carl nor Al is gonna come out and just say "i don't like him"

but there have been hints and rumors for most of Al's time here.

Al is vocal ... Carl likes "yes" men

Al and Dick didn't particularly want larry Johnson ... carl's pick

Al isn't republican(and still vocal) and didn't play along with the George Bush training camp visit ...... Dick,Carl,lamar are all staunchly republican.

How could AS not want LJ NOW! :shake:

ceebz 01-02-2006 01:10 PM

[SARCASM]Because I want to see more passing on 1st and goal.[/SARCASM]

Mr. Laz 01-02-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58
How could AS not want LJ NOW! :shake:

his "want" is irrelevant now ... it's a non-factor.

saunders has used the crap outa LJ in the last 9 games

SBK 01-02-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
Dick,Carl,lamar are all staunchly republican.

Of course they are, they're rich, white, greedy, evil type guys. Plus they have jobs.

ChiefsCountry 01-02-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
I would think that Al would be bitter towards Carl when he passed him up in favor of Gun, but wouldn't think that he holds any animosity for Gun as a result.

Al was on the Rams staff then.

KCJohnny 01-02-2006 01:28 PM

Gee whiz, guys! Cheer up! This is a 10-6 team with the top O and a drastically improving D. I think as Ralphy Boy points out that continuity is key, and AS = continuity. The WORST thing that could happen is what happened back in 2001 when DV gutted a pretty good team to remake it in the image of his champion Rams - a bad idea that did not work. I hope both Saunders and Gunther stay. If we get Saunders without Gun, I doubt we will see the post season next year and we will squander a talented but aging offense. And Gun has this defense believing in themselves. Its a young, hungry D and I think the way they pounded the Bengals bodes well for 2006.

mlyonsd 01-02-2006 01:31 PM

The only way I see Saunders staying a Chief is if he is offered the HC spot.

milkman 01-02-2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
Al was on the Rams staff then.

If you are saying that Al was on the Rams staff when Gun got the HC job, That is wrong.

Al was still the Chiefs WR coach, and was interveiwed for the job along with Gun.

He went to the Rams after he was passed over in favor of Gun.

Mr. Laz 01-02-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbuskid
Of course they are, they're rich, white, greedy, evil type guys. Plus they have jobs.

oh just **** yourself with a big stick and go back to DC ...

this isn't about politics ... it's about the head coaching job for the chiefs.

KCJohnny 01-02-2006 01:33 PM

Where are all the Rams wannabees who should be clamoring for Mike Martz - he's available. There sure were a lot of them out here in 2001...