ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Bob Moore: Chiefs haven't even asked for permission to talk with Edwards (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133094)

jspchief 01-05-2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
I think you missed the major news of the day, Herm quit so they don't have to fire him and the obligation for draft pick compensation still exists.

Herm didn't quit.

mcan 01-05-2006 11:47 PM

Media speculation... That's all this is. We don't even know if Carl has every called the Jets at all... We only know that "sources" say conflicting things. My bet is, Herm Edwards will be the Jets' head coach next year, and the year after that... Anybody want to put money on it?

All this talk is a direct result of every reporter out there (knowing that they won't be held accountable if they are wrong, and will be hailed as a true genious if they are right) trying to out-scoup the competition...

Brock 01-05-2006 11:49 PM

Quote:

I think you missed the major news of the day, Herm quit so they don't have to fire him and the obligation for draft pick compensation still exists.

ROFL OK

Wile_E_Coyote 01-05-2006 11:50 PM

Schefter reported that Herm told his coaching staff this morning that he would not be back...where he got his info :shrug:

edit: & Vilma verified it in an interview(which I have not seen)

Mecca 01-05-2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan
Media speculation... That's all this is. We don't even know if Carl has every called the Jets at all... We only know that "sources" say conflicting things. My bet is, Herm Edwards will be the Jets' head coach next year, and the year after that... Anybody want to put money on it?

All this talk is a direct result of every reporter out there (knowing that they won't be held accountable if they are wrong, and will be hailed as a true genious if they are right) trying to out-scoup the competition...

I don't see anyway he's with the Jets next year. He wants out, with all of this going on if he returns. The NY media will rip the guy a new one every single day and make his life hell. I think he'd quit and sit out before he returned to coach the Jets.

stevieray 01-05-2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan

gossipvalidity

Logical 01-05-2006 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Herm didn't quit.

Yes he did, how on earth have you missed it. It has been clearly reported on NFL network at least a half dozen times tonight by several different reporters.

jspchief 01-05-2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

Yes he did, how on earth have you missed it. It has been clearly reported on NFL network at least a half dozen times tonight by several different reporters.

Well ESPN just said that the Jets may end up firing Edwards if they don't work out a compensation deal with the Chiefs, resulting in KC getting him for nothing. Hard to fire a guy that has already quit.

Care to provide a link?

mcan 01-05-2006 11:56 PM

Quote:

Well ESPN just said that the Jets may end up firing Edwards if they don't work out a compensation deal with the Chiefs, resulting in KC getting him for nothing. Hard to fire a guy that has already quit.

See how that's worded?

They MIGHT fire him IF they can't work out a deal for him...

Basically, Maybe they'll trade him, maybe they'll fire him, maybe they'll keep him....

This is a freaking AWESOME story!

Logical 01-05-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

Care to provide a link?

NFL Network is TV it is kind of hard to link to it. Sorry

jspchief 01-05-2006 11:59 PM

Here's the latest: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2281911

Updated as of 8:35 ET

Herm Edwards definately hasn't quit.

Logical 01-06-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

If you have cable or DirectTv you should have it.

jspchief 01-06-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

Herm Edwards quitting is a pretty big story, surely someone would run it on their website. Unless it never happened.

Mecca 01-06-2006 12:01 AM

Maybe he told his coaches he's quitting but it hasn't been officially announced?

Brock 01-06-2006 12:01 AM

Quote:

Herm Edwards quitting is a pretty big story, surely someone would run it on their website. Unless it never happened.

NOBODY is reporting this. Kind of casts a cloud of doubt.