ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   HBO's Entourage (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=134480)

KCTitus 01-24-2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter
First episode of season six is on or around March 19. The Sunday Night Sopranos Crew will be back in full force on my couch drinking red wine and appetizers.

** giggles like a schoolgirl **

I love that show.

Color me unenthused this time around. It's been off so long, I can hardly remember what happened. I guess this is a single season series with new story lines--otherwise they would have to spend half the episodes retreading the old stories.

I like the Sopranos but I think they jumped the shark in season 4. Season 5 was disappointing.

I did hear that they did 18 episodes or something like that and their plan was to run the first 12 this year and then do the last 6 in 2007. Ugh! Why drag it out so long?

Otter 01-24-2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Color me unenthused this time around. It's been off so long, I can hardly remember what happened. I guess this is a single season series with new story lines--otherwise they would have to spend half the episodes retreading the old stories.

I like the Sopranos but I think they jumped the shark in season 4. Season 5 was disappointing.

I did hear that they did 18 episodes or something like that and their plan was to run the first 12 this year and then do the last 6 in 2007. Ugh! Why drag it out so long?

Yeah, I don't like how long they skipped in-between 5 & 6 either but I'm a junkie with that show so I'm willing to give it a whirl. I'm hoping for the time they had to produce season 6 it's going to be some good stuff.

As long as they keep Meadow & AJ to a minimum (unless the New York Crew has them in a basement lopping up their digits 1 by 1) I doubt I'll be dissapointed.

teedubya 01-24-2006 12:05 PM

Im still thinking of changing my name to "Ari Chi3fs"...

when does next season begin? anyone know?

teedubya 01-24-2006 12:07 PM

nm... June 2006... thanks google.

KCChiefsMan 01-24-2006 03:52 PM

I love the show! can't wait for season 3!!

CHENZ A! 01-24-2006 04:04 PM

entourage was one of my favorite shows until they started having Vince date Mandy Moore. I hated that story line, but I still like the show in general. Sopranos and Deadwood are two of my favorites, I also got into carnivale a little bit. when there is no football on Sunday nights, I'm definetly watching HBO for these shows.

DJJasonp 01-24-2006 04:16 PM

Outstanding show.....waiting for season 2 on DVD so I can get caught up.

vailpass 01-24-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A!
entourage was one of my favorite shows until they started having Vince date Mandy Moore. I hated that story line, but I still like the show in general. Sopranos and Deadwood are two of my favorites, I also got into carnivale a little bit. when there is no football on Sunday nights, I'm definetly watching HBO for these shows.

Totally agreed, but he did dump the bitch. If you look at it from the standpoint of the producer (Wahlberg) trying to show how on-set romances can make actors be/look stupid then I kind of get it but still.

Drama- "Hey Bro, can you let me have $10,000?"

Vince-"What for?"

Drama- " Calve implants."

Immaculate 01-24-2006 04:50 PM

I love it. The Wire and Sopranos are better though.

Simply Red 01-24-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
Anyone else here watch it? I don't have HBO, but we picked up the Season 1 DVD from Netflix. Might be the best show I've seen on TV in a while.

Not familiar. Please tell me more. I will research as well on this end.

KCChiefsMan 01-24-2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp
Outstanding show.....waiting for season 2 on DVD so I can get caught up.

they have the first half of season 2 on HBO On Demand right now

Rausch 01-24-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
they have the first half of season 2 on HBO On Demand right now

WTF is HBO on deman?

Baby Lee 01-24-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
Not familiar. Please tell me more. I will research as well on this end.

A comedy - the premise.
'Hot' guy gets his big break in H-town. Now his life is spending his money, clocking fine tail, and negotiating deals for blockbusters. He's taken his buddies from growing up along, consisting of;
his best friend - his touchstone to reality, and eventually [Spoiler] his agent .
his older brother - history of small roles in made for TV movies and the like. Jealous of his brother and desperate to make it big. Very vain, Prone to rage.
Their 'other' friend who is the gopher and who spends most of his time smoking herb, playing PS2, and driving the star around in his H2.
It's about being young, full of money and attractive in Hollywood, while everyone around him wants to make money off him or to be around him for the benefits.
Lots of 20-somethings hanging out, slacking and busting balls, then hitting the clubs for primo tail. Also, hilarious exchanges with his manager, memorialized in my avatar.

Sully 01-24-2006 05:55 PM

ANY show with Jeremy Piven is a winner. I'm not sure why this guy isn't the go-to guy in every movie in Hollywood.