ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Brokeback Question (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=134569)

SLAG 01-25-2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71
Why would anyone want to watch a movie about comic book characters? Beats me, but they rake in millions at the box-office. Obviously, the movie attracts the gay and lesbian crowd. It's also a well made movie that's pretty original and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more gay movies coming out in a couple of years. So, maybe it's groundbreaking? It's nominated for many awards, has received a lot of acclaim, so maybe people want to see it for that reason.

There is a GAY hollywood Agenda

Its sickening

catfish307 01-25-2006 08:40 PM

I heard they were corn holers

Reaper16 01-25-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02

Its sickening

Sean Hannity called - he wants his idiocy back.

DaneMcCloud 01-25-2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

There is? Oh man, thanks for telling me! I better run to the hills and hide (oh wait - I already live in the Hollywood Hills! What to do?!!)

What a jackhole.

Dane
~May have found a new candidate for the ignore feature

milkman 01-25-2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71
Why would anyone want to watch a movie about comic book characters? Beats me, but they rake in millions at the box-office. Obviously, the movie attracts the gay and lesbian crowd. It's also a well made movie that's pretty original and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more gay movies coming out in a couple of years. So, maybe it's groundbreaking? It's nominated for many awards, has received a lot of acclaim, so maybe people want to see it for that reason.

I don't know.
How about, cause comic book super heros are fun and entertaining, and some of of us aren't movie snobs and like mindless entertainment.

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
There is? Oh man, thanks for telling me! I better run to the hills and hide (oh wait - I already live in the Hollywood Hills! What to do?!!)

What a jackhole.

Dane
~May have found a new candidate for the ignore feature

Anyone can tell when some program or movie is trying too hard to push the agenda (no matter what agenda that is.) When I want to be entertained I dont want to be preached to.

It is these films i am refering to

Most Indi Film makers are non courrupt, but $ and fame can change people very differently and quickly.

DaneMcCloud 01-25-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Most Indi Film makers are non courrupt, but $ and fame can change people very differently and quickly
And you know this HOW? Do you live in Hollywood? Have you worked in Hollywood? How many successful and non-successful filmakers and producers in Hollywood do you know? I'm just curious because you sure seem to think you know a lot about Hollywood for someone living in Lenexa, KS.

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

And you know this HOW? Do you live in Hollywood? Have you worked in Hollywood? How many successful and non-successful filmakers and producers in Hollywood do you know? I'm just curious because you sure seem to think you know a lot about Hollywood while living in Lenexa, KS.

My Cousin Graduated from USC in 96 with his degree In Film Making and Cinematagrophy, He worked for "American Zoetrope" For a couple of years.

He is now working as the Kansas Film Commissinor and as he and His wife (who also went to USC and got the same Degree) Are filming a Project Right now

P.S (EDIT)-

Not all successful movies are made in hollywood.

DaneMcCloud 01-25-2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

My Cousin Graduated from USC in 96 with his degree In Film Making and Cinematagrophy, He worked for "American Zoetrope" For a couple of years.
So that makes you (and him, give me a break) and expert on Hollywood and the movie studios? You're freakin' clueless.

I worked at Universal for 4 years and at Paramount for 5 years. I knew all of the execs and of course, just like in any walk of life, there were gay men and women in the workforce. But there certainly wasn't and ISN'T a "Gay Agenda"!

The movie studios exist for one thing and it's not entertainment - it's to make money. There is no way that ANY studio head would greenlight a movie because it promotes a "Gay" agenda and ignore the box office reciepts. That would be a quick way to be dismissed.

From your responses on both gay topics, you seem to have a problem with gays in general. It's a good thing you're in Kansas because you wouldn't be able to survive on either coast with your issues.

plbrdude 01-25-2006 09:44 PM

i think there is a gay agenda, and it's not all coming from hollywood.

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

So that makes you (and him, give me a break) and expert on Hollywood and the movie studios? You're freakin' clueless.

I worked at Universal for 4 years and at Paramount for 5 years. I knew all of the execs and of course, just like in any walk of life, there were gay men and women in the workforce. But there certainly wasn't and ISN'T a "Gay Agenda"!

The movie studios exist for one thing and it's not entertainment - it's to make money. There is no way that ANY studio head would greenlight a movie because it promotes a "Gay" agenda and ignore the box office reciepts. That would be a quick way to be dismissed.

From your responses on both gay topics, you seem to have a problem with gays in general. It's a good thing you're in Kansas because you wouldn't be able to survive on either coast with your issues.

Its ok I will Bootleg as many movies as i can!

:thumb:

SLAG 01-25-2006 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plbrdude
i think there is a gay agenda, and it's not all coming from hollywood.

You are correct young man

Rep

DaneMcCloud 01-25-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Its ok I will Bootleg as many movies as i can!
What, they don't pay you enough at the fertilizer factory to buy a movie ticket? Great! A homophobe and a thief.

SLAG 01-25-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

What, they don't pay you enough at the fertilizer factory to buy a movie ticket? Great! A homophobe and a thief.

funny how you got fertilizer factory when my Profile says Pharmacy.
:hmmm:

I guess those hollywood folks dont read so good

Id bet you havent even been to lenexa

DaneMcCloud 01-25-2006 10:16 PM

You're a pharmacist? Scary...