ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Network Seeks Pay Hike (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139087)

morphius 04-17-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Well I'm pretty sure OLN did go to the companies and say "We have the NHL now, pay us this or drop us", and Dish said no. Leaves the NHL fans in the dark though.

Plus it is only, normally, two games a week. Not exactly a huge reason to jump to them when you can get some of the fans to just fork over the money for the NHL PPV plan. I mean hell, I love my Av's, but I have only seen 4/5 games this year.

chiefqueen 04-17-2006 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
Comcast plans to buy out the Kansas City market this summer, so it looks like the KC area will be getting the NFL Network.

Personally, I'd rather keep TW's superior internet services, pricepoint and cable box GUI instead of getting the NFL Network, but it doesn't look like I have a choice. At least Comcast makes efforts to expand their HD offerings.

The queenmum has Comcast back in Baltimore and ZootedGranny is right Comcast's internet service sucks as it is slow IMO.

Ultra Peanut 04-17-2006 11:15 PM

I MUST WATCH RICH EISEN FOR THE NEXT TWELVE HOURS

Hammock Parties 04-17-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen
Time Warner is so slow.......we'll never get NFL Network. (I can't do Satellite, Skip, b/c I live in a condo complex, the HOA decides things like that).

Right now, I'm just hoping to find a sports bar in Vega$ to watch the Denver game (w/o having to lay down a $1,000 bet) and thinking about staying in KC until the morning of 12/24 to make sure I can see the Faiders game.

They have to allow you to beable to have a dish there. Its a law that they cant, but they can tell you what not to put it on. What i did, i put a lawn chair on my porch and drilled holes into it and propped it up on there. Im for real, if you dont mess up anything of theirs, they have to let you get a dish.

VonneMarie 04-17-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
Comcast plans to buy out the Kansas City market this summer, so it looks like the KC area will be getting the NFL Network.

Personally, I'd rather keep TW's superior internet services, pricepoint and cable box GUI instead of getting the NFL Network, but it doesn't look like I have a choice. At least Comcast makes efforts to expand their HD offerings.

How did I miss this post? Oh, well...

YES!

alanm 04-17-2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen
Time Warner is so slow.......we'll never get NFL Network. (I can't do Satellite, Skip, b/c I live in a condo complex, the HOA decides things like that).

Right now, I'm just hoping to find a sports bar in Vega$ to watch the Denver game (w/o having to lay down a $1,000 bet) and thinking about staying in KC until the morning of 12/24 to make sure I can see the Faiders game.

Were you aware that there is a federal law that supercedes your condo agreement against satellite setups. Your condo can't deny you satellite. You can turn them in. :)

Deberg_1990 04-18-2006 02:54 AM

Thank god i have DirectTV. Ive had them for about 5 1/2 years now. If i can help it, ill never go back to Time Warner.

Rausch 04-18-2006 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
I MUST WATCH RICH EISEN FOR THE NEXT TWELVE HOURS

I have no idea why they hired him for the flagship spot...

Garcia Bronco 04-18-2006 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
I'm going to hold off on digital cable as long as humanly possible. When I reach that point I will start debating whether I should switch to Direct TV or not.

that's where I'm at aswell.

ct 04-18-2006 07:25 AM

Quote:

I'm going to hold off on digital cable as long as humanly possible. When I reach that point I will start debating whether I should switch to Direct TV or not.

I'm holding off on any satellite, until I can watch 50 different programs on 50 different TVs with 1 dish. Until then, they don't do it for me.

morphius 04-18-2006 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryt
I'm holding off on any satellite, until I can watch 50 different programs on 50 different TVs with 1 dish. Until then, they don't do it for me.

Yup, that has been a big hold up of mine. I don't want another remote for every TV, I don't want a box on my TV's, I don't want my PiP to add a second box to my TV (and need to be on the other side of the room so I can change stations without changing the others station)...

I just can't imagine that it would be that damn hard to have one box sitting there running all of the TV's in the house. Its not like the Dish is having to move from Satallite to Satallite.

Mecca 04-18-2006 07:38 AM

Oh great........I have the Time Warner Digital/Internet package. I don't want the NFL Network bad enough for it to jack up my Net service and have my cable in general suck.

htismaqe 04-18-2006 07:40 AM

Won't that be ironic if NOBODY gets the games because DirecTV won't pay the increased fee?

I had DirecTV for 10 years...I won't be going back, NFL Network or no NFL Network.

jspchief 04-18-2006 07:42 AM

Quote:

Yup, that has been a big hold up of mine. I don't want another remote for every TV, I don't want a box on my TV's, I don't want my PiP to add a second box to my TV (and need to be on the other side of the room so I can change stations without changing the others station)...

Huh? Other than the P-in-P thing, I don't see how cable is any different.

And I really don't get the "I don't want another remote for every TV" statement. Doesn't every TV come with it's own remote anyway? You carry a universal around from room to room instead?

Mecca 04-18-2006 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Huh? Other than the P-in-P thing, I don't see how cable is any different.

And I really don't get the "I don't want another remote for every TV" statement. Doesn't every TV come with it's own remote anyway? You carry a universal around from room to room instead?

I don't get his comment either, does he want every TV in the house to turn to the same thing when he pushes a button? I don't think the other people would enjoy that much.........