ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ESPN NFL DRAFT SPECIAL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139778)

Mr. Laz 04-27-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35
no they shouldn't....damn you golic....Tye Hill? Was Williams and Lawson available still?

yep ... williams,lawnson,hali,joseph were all still there

chop 04-27-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbux37
You're joking, right. Please tell me you're joking.

yeah, I was joking.

Starbux37 04-27-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop
just kidding!

Oh thank GOD. I could live with Tye Hill, but wouldn't have been my 1st choice, but at least he didn't go WR.

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:44 PM

Jimmy Williams better be picked before Hill. I'd take Hali over Hill personally.

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz

Wow, just wow. Them picking Hill makes me nervous, I sure hope they don't do that with Williams and Lawson still there.

Starbux37 04-27-2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz

Alot of analyst are predicting Hali is going to fall to the mid 2nd. I don't believe it and would have rather of had him as our pick. I think all the stuff being said about him is a bunch of smoke and mirrors just so some team that is late in the 1st has a shot at him.

beer bacon 04-27-2006 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chop
Mike Golic selected him for the Chiefs. Kiper said he is pound for pound one of the best players.

...And Tye Hill weighs in at...89 pounds!

Dunit35 04-27-2006 06:56 PM

I'm going to be honest. I'm alittle upset at this pick. I wouldn't be upset if Williams and Lawson were gone. But in their draft they weren't gone.

ChiefsCountry 04-27-2006 07:09 PM

Hill over Williams, speed is about the only thing Hill has over Williams.

Mr. Laz 04-27-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry

i think Hill is considered a better Character pick too

ChiefsCountry 04-27-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i think Hill is considered a better Character pick too

Yeah that too.

CupidStunt 04-28-2006 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry

No. You couldn't be further off base if you tried.

For one, and most importantly, did you not hear that Jimmy Williams ONLY wants to play safety?

**** that. We need a CORNER more than a safety. I LOVE Williams as a prospect and especially his versatility, but if he truely does want to play safety and only safety, **** him over Tye Hill. No way in hell.

As Kiper said, Hill -- pound for pound -- is one of the best players in the draft.

Brock 04-28-2006 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |<ing
No. You couldn't be further off base if you tried.

For one, and most importantly, did you not hear that Jimmy Williams ONLY wants to play safety?

No, I didn't hear that. Where did you hear that?

CupidStunt 04-28-2006 07:37 AM

Well, he did an interview stating that he wants to play safety. Late in that interview, he said if forced he would play corner but really wants to be an enforcer at safety. The only exact quote I remember from the interview, which i'm sure you could search on Google and verify, is when he said -- "I'm a safety at heart".

Secondly, there's a guy on another forum who is friends with Rick Gosselin and has a proven track record as a reliable source. He's called numerous things such as being the first to call DeMarcus Ware to Dallas over Shawne Merriman (kinda helps that Gosselin writes for the DALLAS Morning News), to Troy Williamson to the Vikings long before anyone else.

Whether you'd trust such information is your decision, but I do because of how it's worked out in the past.

Finally, there was an article that quoted him as saying something alone the lines of, "I'll be drafted as a safety to play safety. I only moved to corner at Tech because we had no one else". I'll try and find this article.

jiveturkey 04-28-2006 07:40 AM

Can you imagine our defense with speed at FS?

4.4 forty speed to boot. :eek: