ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Injuries may force Sweeney to retire (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140249)

Coogs 05-04-2006 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp
I thought he retired 3 years ago......

:LOL:

JBucc 05-04-2006 02:44 PM

Thanks for being a nice guy for the community, and don't tear anything on the way out.

Demonpenz 05-04-2006 03:01 PM

the pussification of america continues

sedated 05-04-2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP_McMurphy
No big surprise here. Sweeney is soft and a total waste of money for the Royals. I personally would cut him today and spend all of his salary on scouting and the farm systme.

um...I don't think it works that way.

Paul Palmer 05-04-2006 03:29 PM

Without a doubt..he was the most productive player in the KC lineup over the last three years...even with the injuries...The Royals HAD to sign ONE of their players to a long-term deal to survive their long line of bad drafts and farm management...It should have been BELTRAN without a doubt...but Sweeney has gotten alot out of a body and draft pick that was mediocre at best...PEOPLE ARE HATERS on here...GET OUT OF KC and maybe your outlook will improve...

Eleazar 05-04-2006 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Palmer
The Royals HAD to sign ONE of their players to a long-term deal ...It should have been BELTRAN without a doubt

He was not resigning here at any price. His agent said that publically.

Simplex3 05-04-2006 04:04 PM

So injuries may finally do what sucking never did.

Sure-Oz 05-04-2006 05:10 PM

Yeah cause sweeney has always sucked, man some fans really forget how he good he was before getting hurt.

Simplex3 05-04-2006 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
Yeah cause sweeney has always sucked, man some fans really forget how he good he was before getting hurt.

Did he ever have a good year AND play the entire season?

BigRock 05-04-2006 05:26 PM

Sweeney bashing is so tiresome. Even better is the "we should have spent that money on Damon or Beltran!" junk, like either of them were going to spend one more minute than they had to with this pathetic team. But Sweeney did and this is what he gets for it? He should have gotten out while the getting was good.

epitome1170 05-04-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Did he ever have a good year AND play the entire season?

Actually, yes. It has been a few years, but he put together a few solid years.

That being said I have also heard (on 610) talks about him and making him sound like one of the greatest ball players in the game when he was in his prime. He was not that either. He was average maybe slightly above average... nothing more. A solid player and a solid citizen... something to try to build a young franchise around, but the Royals organization failed to do that.

Sure-Oz 05-04-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock
Sweeney bashing is so tiresome. Even better is the "we should have spent that money on Damon or Beltran!" junk, like either of them were going to spend one more minute than they had to with this pathetic team. But Sweeney did and this is what he gets for it? He should have gotten out while the getting was good.

Neither Damon or Beltran would've stayed....it's too bad for sweeney that he has health issues, he was a solid .300 hitter and 100rbi guy. Too many haters blaming him for what the management or lack there of has done. He gets ripped cause he makes the most money. I just hope we don't treat all our future stars like this, the guy was being called the next brett of the royals. I sure as hell hope that if brett played in this era and broke down like this he wouldn't be treated with such hate. Not like the guy can prevent his back failing him.

epitome1170 05-04-2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
I just hope we don't treat all our future stars like this,

I just hope we HAVE future stars

RufusRJones 05-04-2006 05:58 PM

I wonder if we could trade him for the Brat, Polish Sausage and Hot Dog from Miller Park? Those dudes get lots of cheers, probably more than any Royals player.

Sure-Oz 05-04-2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epitome1170
I just hope we HAVE future stars

I am hoping Billy Butler, Alex Gordon and Chris Lubanski are those stars....they should make 2007 more fun, i guess watching cars drive by can too.