ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Rich Get Rehab, The Poor Go To Jail. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140398)

beer bacon 05-07-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Why would I want to change things? I like it how it is. It's natural selection at it's finest.

I don't care if deadbeats get the short end of the stick.

But you don't mind when deadbeats like Rush get off with a slap on the wrist?

Lonewolf Ed 05-07-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Let's not forget the latest Kennedy, scores of Hollyweird elite, etc etc.

Shhhhh! You'll spoil his rant!

Thig Lyfe 05-07-2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long
So who do we blame for this? The courts? Society? The current administration?

http://stderr.de/funstuff/presidency...%20dummies.jpg

That image is lame. You can see "For Windows" right under Presidency. Presidency for Windows for Dummies? Lazy photoshop job.

I've seen it before, so I know it isn't yours, 4th. I would expect more from you.

4th and Long 05-07-2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadWolf
That image is lame. You can see "For Windows" right under Presidency. Presidency for Windows for Dummies? Lazy photoshop job.

I've seen it before, so I know it isn't yours, 4th. I would expect more from you.

Nope. Not mine. I do better work than that. :)

Chief Roundup 05-07-2006 01:32 PM

It is not fair that the rich and or famous get away with more than the average person and that should be changed.
But how do you change that when so many people in society put more importance on the persons are in the spotlight of society ie sports, movies, religion, politics etc.

WilliamTheIrish 05-07-2006 03:12 PM

Weak, weak rant.

Every day, thousands of people get diversion and not jail time for first offenses be they rich or poor.

go bo 05-07-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish
Weak, weak rant.

Every day, thousands of people get diversion and not jail time for first offenses be they rich or poor.

eh, you can make statistics say anything...

nevertheless, you're absolutly right about diversion being the "punishment" of choice for first offenders, rich or poor...

Adept Havelock 05-07-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
eh, you can make statistics say anything...

nevertheless, you're absolutly right about diversion being the "punishment" of choice for first offenders, rich or poor...

Truth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Disraeli
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and Statistics.

RealSNR 05-07-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Why would I want to change things? I like it how it is. It's natural selection at it's finest.

I don't care if deadbeats get the short end of the stick.

Same here.

I'm just curious, but have you ever read any Ayn Rand?

ChiefFripp 05-07-2006 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
work hard enough to get rich. problem solved

Hard work does not make the individual rich, it makes his/her boss or company owner richer. Knowing how to network with the right people gets you money.

Also, anyone who has ever been in an office or work enviroment knows that the people who squeal to upper management get promotions faster than the worker bees who actually do a good job.

ChiefaRoo 05-07-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon
But you don't mind when deadbeats like Rush get off with a slap on the wrist?

Don't forget Brett Favre. He was addicted to Vicodin. Should he be sharing a cell with Limbaugh, Kennedy et al?

One distinction here. Favre and Limbaugh both had physical conditions that got them hooked. Limbaugh has neck/disc problems. Favre was getting pounded in the NFL every week. I don't think that's the same as taking pills for no medicinal purpose and then getting hooked.

RedThat 05-07-2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

Welcome to life. It isn't fair.

As you grow into an adult, you may begin to realize that people gain priveledge from all sorts of things. Better looking people get better jobs. People that are good at their jobs get away with more in the workplace than people who aren't. Athletic people get more breaks. Rich people get more breaks. Etc, etc, etc.

The only thing more sad than the unfairness in life is the adults that think life is a pre-school game where everyone gets an equal chance.

Good post jsp. You know what really upsets me about life?

I just find it displeasing that their are tons of people out there who are extremely selfish, and greedy...Not only that, but ruthless too man.

Im talking about the kinds of people that will kill you for a dollar. The kinds of people that like to fuck someone over for a dollar. The better him than me kinda guy, the every man for himself kinda guy....So much selfishness, greed...we see it today how oil companies like to such people pockets, and not giving 2 shits about them. The whole world hates these people, think they give a fuck? This may possibly lead to an economic slowdown? They don't give a fuck, they filled their pockets anyway....Other people out there are struggling man, who cares? We made our money, better them than me.

Anyway, my point is, why can't there ever be that feeling of togetheredness? That feeling of unity! Thats what the Lord sent us here for...To help each other! Be caring, giving, show people you have a good heart, be a good samaritan. There is none of that here on planet earth!! Why does society allow people to live off the streets and not giving 2 sh*ts about them? Lets feed these people man, take care of them, they are one of us....Instead, I see people walk by stare, laugh at them like they don't belong here, or even worse snob them out like their nothing...Cold hearted, some people have no character, it's sad!

Too many people with these kinds of attitudes are gonna destroy this world...Man is gonna destroy this world, the bible says the same thing.

Because too many people out there have no character. We run this planet....and simply their are too many people that have not grown up, they lack intelllegence and have no conscious....They don't realize whats going on in this world, and think how we can change things to make it a better place....for the better to keep us strong, healthy, loved, and united...It ain't about selfishness, greed...its about understanding, loving, giving, caring, all that....if we did that, those simple things, this world would be a great place.

Too many people have a devilish mentality, ultimately that is what will destroy us and the world....its sad

Lurch 05-07-2006 04:54 PM

[QUOTE=Lonewolf Ed]
Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
This makes me sick. For all of you anti-legalization peeps, take cue of this latest news: Limbaugh is again busted for having doctors write him drug prescriptions.

No, he was not busted again. It's the same ongoing case.

Shhhh......some would rather not deal with the facts, when exaggeration and hyperbole are much more fun!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Let's not forget the latest Kennedy, scores of Hollyweird elite, etc etc.

Again, you miss the point of his emotional rant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish
Weak, weak rant.

People, you don't seem to get it. Facts do not interest people who are committed to demonizing those with which one disagrees.

Bowser 05-07-2006 06:23 PM

Seems to me that there is a conflict. If drug addiction isn't illegal, but drugs are, how do you get to point B without passing point A?

The fact that people lie, BS, and generally run end around "tough" issues amazes me. Crack is an incredible high, so I'm told. Crack is illegal. Don't do crack, never become a crack addict. Problem solved.

Person A has an old injury that requires pain killers. Person A no longer has problems, but continues to take painkillers due to the high he feels from the drugs. The painkillers begin to wreak havoc on Person A's life. Should Person A take responsiblity for his actions, or fall back on some sorry this-and-that excuse for doing what you know has been a debilitating event of his life?

go bo 05-07-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Seems to me that there is a conflict. If drug addiction isn't illegal, but drugs are, how do you get to point B without passing point A?

The fact that people lie, BS, and generally run end around "tough" issues amazes me. Crack is an incredible high, so I'm told. Crack is illegal. Don't do crack, never become a crack addict. Problem solved.

Person A has an old injury that requires pain killers. Person A no longer has problems, but continues to take painkillers due to the high he feels from the drugs. The painkillers begin to wreak havoc on Person A's life. Should Person A take responsiblity for his actions, or fall back on some sorry this-and-that excuse for doing what you know has been a debilitating event of his life?

crack must be an incredible high...

i've seen it ruin many people's lives...

that's why i won't even try it, i might like it...