ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NBA finals, anyone else watching? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142000)

4th and Long 06-08-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Such egos on the Mavs.......that Dirk Nowitski what an ass he is. You have the typical middle american perception of the NBA that every team is what a few players in the league are. How about you learn about what you're talking about before you spout it off.

If your opinion actually meant something to me, I might be offended.

I'm not offended, obviously.

American should be capitalized, FYI. How unpatriotic of you.

Logical 06-08-2006 09:30 PM

No but I am hoping the Heat win the series.

Mecca 06-08-2006 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
Wait, what about that midrange jumper argument?

I think that's kind of tired......there are some teams that just flat out aren't good on offense.

BWillie 06-08-2006 09:32 PM

Quote:

Such egos on the Mavs.......that Dirk Nowitski what an ass he is. You have the typical middle american perception of the NBA that every team is what a few players in the league are. How about you learn about what you're talking about before you spout it off.
I agree man, people are so fickle these days with so much sports reporters spouting off that they don't think for themselves. Sit down, watch the games, they really are exciting.

Miles 06-08-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical
No but I am hoping the Heat win the series.

I am kind of torn but I may kind of want the Heat to win. Only because I like Shaq's sense of humor a lot.

Mecca 06-08-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long
If your opinion actually meant something to me, I might be offended.

I'm not offended, obviously.

American should be capitalized, FYI. How unpatriotic of you.

You basically said you don't like the NBA and cited the same reason most of white middle America, middle class people say. "It's a bunch of thugs so I don't watch it". Well if you don't watch it how would you know? You guy by what ESPN or some reporter on tv says the league gets a bad perception based on what a few players do.

Miles 06-08-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

I think that's kind of tired......there are some teams that just flat out aren't good on offense.

Even the bad NBA teams don't play that bad of offense compaired to college. I really enjoy the hell out of the NCAA tourney, but watching those teams play offense is rough. Good D is the same as a lot of contact I suppose.

Brock 06-08-2006 09:37 PM

I don't usually watch it because I don't think it's basketball.

Mecca 06-08-2006 09:38 PM

I'm pulling for the Mavs, Dirk is one of my favorite players and I enjoy the hell out of the way they play.

chiefs4me 06-08-2006 09:38 PM

OF COURSE I AM WATCHING, COME ON MAVS...D D D

BWillie 06-08-2006 09:40 PM

Mavs are gonna take the series in 6. They got too many weapons.

Miles 06-08-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

I'm pulling for the Mavs, Dirk is one of my favorite players and I enjoy the hell out of the way they play.

Yep I really like how they play. Dirk is great to watch even if he bitches a lot about touch calls. His sick scoring ability is alway nice. Their role players also chip in much more than they get credit for.

BWillie 06-08-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Yep I really like how they play. Dirk is great to watch even if he bitches a lot about touch calls. His sick scoring ability is alway nice. Their role players also chip in much more than they get credit for.
Strong 250lbs 7 footer that can shoot the 3, I am really suprised he doesn't score more. Looks like it's over folks 85-79 Dallas with 2 minutes remaining..Dampier goin to the line.

Miles 06-08-2006 09:50 PM

That stackhouse roll shold finish this.

chiefs4me 06-08-2006 09:53 PM

PBJ PBJ PBJ